Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: New "Tinkerbell" electrical parade float confirmed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Concept art never "confirms" anything. The electrical parade improvements have not even been confirmed yet.
    You are missing the entire scope of what was said during the parade. Disney did announce the update to the Electrical Parade coming in 2009. Quit knocking the poster of the message, when the word came straight from Disney.

• hugs and peaches!!!

Re: New "Tinkerbell" electrical parade float confirmed!!!! (merged threads)

That looks so cool!!! This makes me excited!
    "Won't you please be my prisoner, please, please, please!"
    "I do not like the cone of shame"
    "Oh! A ball! Oh boy! Oh boy! a ball!!"
    "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
    "I hid under your porch because I love you."

-Dug=the cutest dog ever!!

• A Weather Eye Open

Concept art never "confirms" anything. The electrical parade improvements have not even been confirmed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    You are missing the entire scope of what was said during the parade. Disney did announce the update to the Electrical Parade coming in 2009. Quit knocking the poster of the message, when the word came straight from Disney.
    You beat me to it, Aladdin! In case anyone missed it, it came straight from Ryan Seacrest's voiceover. He was talking about the EP, and then he said that in 2009 it would have a few new surprises or additions, and then they showed the picture of the Tink float. It's pretty much gonna happen (unless some huge disaster stops the earth), because Seacrest told us on national television.

Quote Originally Posted by seafaring_ghost View Post
    I just question how appropriate it is to have a homicidal jealous fairy that swears like a sailor as the lead float in MSEP let alone all the other attention she is getting.
    I never thought of this, but it's so true! LAWL.
    Well, I'm abivalent about the look of the float itself. It looks just like all the other fairies franchise crud. Disney-everything is just one big advertisement for itself. I'm too young to know if it's always been like that (maybe it was, but less blatently). I'm not a fan of the Fairies stuff to begin with, mostly because 1) it's entertainment birthed from merchandise, not the other way around, and 2) it's kind of a perversion of the Peter-Pan-movie canon Tink. Really, if Peter Pan is special to you and you love Tink in that movie, I don't see how you could really like any of the fairies stuff very much, because it's nothing like her at all. They've changed her outfit and look (her appeal to me was how glowy and very pale green and blue and yellow she always was, not so much now), she talks instead of rings, and when she has a prescence in the park she's as big as you!
    Not to rag on fairies. I really don't hate it. I just don't love it either. And the float isn't hideous. It looks like a very satesfactory unit, and it looks like it will blend well into the existing parade.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Like I said, its too large to be a lead float. Maybe it will follow behind the peter pan float.

If they keep this float, they have to remove the little tinker bell flying on top of the peter pan float because she can't be in the same place twice.

There is no way a random float that focuses on one movie like that can lead the parade. Look, the only way a float can be a title is if it A. Has the Title or B. Acts as a gateway into the parade.
    You make good points. I'm reluctant to believe it's a lead float because of this... it just seems too big to be an opener?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Minion

Well if you ask me I like a big opener and think it should be bigger. Well at least more dynamic in terms of design. It looks like an awkward mess.

• Yo!

Where did all these rules for "opener" floats come from? The current Blue Fairy unit is by no means small. If we were to follow Walt Jr.'s "rules," then the Casey Jr. unit would be much better suited as an opener.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Should we make a "save the Blue Fairy" thread?

• Lost in Wonderland

The Tinker Bell float is well under construction and will lead the parade.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: New "Tinkerbell" electrical parade float confirmed!!!!

I guess Disney should just throw away the Mickey's Fun Wheel, World of Color, Carsland, New Entrance, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure Concept art, correct? because you know that's not going to happen because of the concept ar... OH WAIT! It is going to happen because it came from Disney's own written hands just like the Tinkerbell float.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    Where did all these rules for "opener" floats come from? The current Blue Fairy unit is by no means small. If we were to follow Walt Jr.'s "rules," then the Casey Jr. unit would be much better suited as an opener.
    but it's not really a whole unit, right? it's just her and her giant amazing skirt? i think the new tink float looks more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    The Tinker Bell float is well under construction and will lead the parade.
    ah well! i was going to like it if it didn't actually cause anything to be removed, so hopefully the blue fairy can go with pinnochio. there is a pinnochio unit, right? i thought i heard someone mention it. (forgive me, i haven't seen the MSEP in a while and everytime i do see it, it seems a little bit different)
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I don't get whats so wrong with creating a nice, detailed, large float. People complain about some units not being detailed or large enough.. they design something wonderful.. "It's too big.. too intricate"..

I guess Disney can't do anything right..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    ah well! i was going to like it if it didn't actually cause anything to be removed, so hopefully the blue fairy can go with pinnochio. there is a pinnochio unit, right? i thought i heard someone mention it. (forgive me, i haven't seen the MSEP in a while and everytime i do see it, it seems a little bit different)
    There used to be a Pinocchio unit with Donkey dancers etc. and the floats were designed to look like Pleasure Island.

It was my favorite part.

• ...TWO BITS!

People complain too much.

The thing about the concept art is that IT CAN STILL CHANGE! It's just an idea of what could happen. Not what will happen. Look at TSMM concept art. Doesn't turn out exactly like it was depicted. Remember FNSV's concept art? Not exactly the same. Heck, apparently they added more characters from the EPCOT version and tagged it as FNSV. Disney doesn't release ALL their concept art. Just what would appear to help sell the idea to the public. Disney makes changes to plans all the time. As well as any other company for that matter.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

THE DEP needs to change and i am glad they are starting. The parade is nice but extremely outdated. If changes mean that it will be replaced one or two floats at a time then fine

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    There used to be a Pinocchio unit with Donkey dancers etc. and the floats were designed to look like Pleasure Island.
    Those floats along with the Dwarf mine were backstage at DCA for a while recently. They may still be in the parade building.

well i mean its about time we got a new electrical parade float!
    Altough i dont see how Tink can replace the blue fairy, i think they will just add this float in the parade, and this float will probably be seen in the park next year as the new Tinkerbell film will be released. Since the next Tinkerbell movie is about a "Hot Air Ballon" it will coincide with the new float!. Maybe Disney will start adding floats to make a new Electrical parade, like "Dreamlights" down in Tokyo but i mean at least Tink gets her chance to shine once again like in Light Magic (hence the failure which was not a parade but a street-show). I cant wait to see this float glow down the performance corridor it will be magical!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast