Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Re: New "Tinkerbell" electrical parade float confirmed!!!! (merged threads)

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    The Tinker Bell float is well under construction and will lead the parade.
    They will put BF somewhere right?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    Where did all these rules for "opener" floats come from? The current Blue Fairy unit is by no means small. If we were to follow Walt Jr.'s "rules," then the Casey Jr. unit would be much better suited as an opener.
    Look at the facts and by previous parades, Casey Jr. should be the opener. But the only other opening things you see are to act as a gateway. A whole unit based one one movie shouldn't lead a parade. Sure the blue fairy is from Pinnochio, but you see her leading the parade, not herself and the whole movie float along with her.

PoD's opener was called the "Gateway to Dreams" and wasn't biased to one movie, it was smaller than the other floats because it was the opener and it bared the title.

X-mas fantasy. You see not only a small Title float announcing the parade. But you see title floats for all of the scenes in the parade. Previous to that they had banner girls announcing the parade way back when it was a Very Merry Christmas Parade. It had the title.

Let's look at Tinker Bell. Looks to be a huge unit like a PoD unit. Themed to one movie. Doesn't act as a gateway. Why should it lead? Really? Did someone really overlook that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Should we make a "save the Blue Fairy" thread?
    No. I'm all worn out. I just hope blue fairy will at least be by Pinnochio. I'm still worn out over IASW.

Some final thoughts for you.

Why on earth is Disney wasting money?? Why do we need Tinker Bell in this parade with a new float? Why do we need Characters in IASW? Usually I would be happy for the additions. I actually like the Tinker Bell float and I don't mind it at all. But why are we wasting all this money for corporate additions and then what do we get from it? Budget cuts cutting our beloved PoD and Fireworks.

It's like we are being punished for someone's wastefulness. How much money did they spend stupifying a perfect attraction? Now there is no money elsewhere because its all been used for a wasteful purpose.

Where is the logic here?
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I don't get whats so wrong with creating a nice, detailed, large float. People complain about some units not being detailed or large enough.. they design something wonderful.. "It's too big.. too intricate"..

I guess Disney can't do anything right..
    I don't think that anyone's complaining that the float is too large or too detailed. I think it's more that people are trying to figure out if it will actually be the opener or not, based on the fact that it's a whole unit for a movie instead of 1 magical character leading the parade, or a small unit of comprised of various movies to introduce the parade. I think people are just hoping that the Blue Fairy will still lead, only now it's been reported pretty consistently that she wont. But I think everyone agrees that for what it is, it looks like a pretty well executed float!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandFan1997 View Post
    well i mean its about time we got a new electrical parade float!
    Altough i dont see how Tink can replace the blue fairy, i think they will just add this float in the parade, and this float will probably be seen in the park next year as the new Tinkerbell film will be released. Since the next Tinkerbell movie is about a "Hot Air Ballon" it will coincide with the new float!. Maybe Disney will start adding floats to make a new Electrical parade, like "Dreamlights" down in Tokyo but i mean at least Tink gets her chance to shine once again like in Light Magic (hence the failure which was not a parade but a street-show). I cant wait to see this float glow down the performance corridor it will be magical!
    The new Tink movie is about a hot air balloon? Does she lose her ability to fly by herself or something?

Anyways, I think they're hoping to boost sales of the fairies franchise, but I really think that the float won't actually affect sales. I think they'll remain pretty consistent. The whole merch line and movie and books has been really successful since it was released, yes? Either it will hold strong like the princesses (and I think it will), or something better will come along and fairies won't be very cool anymore. But I bet it will sell just as much without the float as with it. Hopefully all the fans of Tink will really enjoy seeing her and her friends in the EP, and it'll make it worthwhile for the entertainment value in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    THE DEP needs to change and i am glad they are starting. The parade is nice but extremely outdated. If changes mean that it will be replaced one or two floats at a time then fine
    I don't see how it's "outdated" instead of "classic". It manages to pull crowds into DCA when it runs at night, which is no mean feat. Everyone has fond memories back in the day of watching it, and it's success and magic still continues to translate! It features a ton of movies that kids and adults enjoy all the time. I don't think the old floats need to be replaced. If any major changes are made, I'd say it should be to the technology fo the lights themselves; finding a way to replace them with colored LEDs and have it still look the same, in order to be much more energy efficient, and to possibly save money on running it in the long run.

HISTA is outdated, as it was never really beloved in the first place and shows clearly its era. Thinks like POTC and HM and the EP and the Tiki room won't ever be outdated because they were so wonderful to begin with, and have such a special place in people's hearts. They are classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Why on earth is Disney wasting money?? Why do we need Tinker Bell in this parade with a new float? Why do we need Characters in IASW? Usually I would be happy for the additions. I actually like the Tinker Bell float and I don't mind it at all. But why are we wasting all this money for corporate additions and then what do we get from it? Budget cuts cutting our beloved PoD and Fireworks.

It's like we are being punished for someone's wastefulness. How much money did they spend stupifying a perfect attraction? Now there is no money elsewhere because its all been used for a wasteful purpose.

Where is the logic here?
    It's a good point. The EP is very strong to begin with and doesn't need additions. Same with small world. These kind of rides need care and renovations. I can see why they're so excited about adding stuff the parks, but if in this time it also means they need to take away stuff, than why add it in the first place? How much more money do they spend on designing and constructing additions to already popular attractions? It's work asking, I think. In hard times shouldn't their primary goal be to maintain the quality in the things they already have, and put money into keeping those attractions (and ultimately the parkgoers to who come and expect them to be there) around? I hadn't thought about this before. The additions in rides and parades ultimately aren't the same kind of improvement and construction as what they're doing in DCA to fix theming.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Diva Extrodinaire

I think a few new floats from Dreamlights or alltogether new would be welcomes, as would updating the technology.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

Not sure if it is still in the plans but wonder if the soundtrack will be changed at all.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Have to agree.. and update/fix up would be good.

This is coming from someone who has no nostalgia towards the parade. I did not grow up with it, I do not have the feelings most do towards this parade.. But when I see it the first thing I think is..

"wow that technology is outdated.. imagine what they could do with newer lights."

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

the new float looks alot like a few of the floats from "Fantilusion"

• Banned User

Wink Re: New "Tinkerbell" electrical parade float confirmed!!!! (merged threads)

IMO, all I can say is we shall see how it will go with the inclusion of Tinkerbell's new unit. I do find some sort of painful reminder of Light Tragic in the design but like I said, we shall see.

• Banned User

It's nice that they're adding to the parade. It's too beautiful to replace, but you have to keep it fresh, too.

• (Not a) New User

The BF is really awesome looking. And adding Tinkerbell is a stupid idea. She's already in the parade. It looks like they're also going to add the other fairies. If they're going to add them at all, I think they should make another smaller float (kinda like Smee in the Peter Pan section) with other fairies in a whole Tinkerbell section based on the movie. I really don't like the idea of replacing the BF but I do like the idea of a Tink unit.

Anyone know what happened to all the electrical parade floats when they get relaced or removed?

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Diva Extrodinaire

I would love to see some updates. Some sections that should possibly be removed are Blue Fairy (if not moved to Pinocchio), some of the bugs in the beginning half, and add some newer floats, like Beauty and the Beast, Ratatouille, or Sleeping Beauty. Maybe even Wall-E?
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Yo!

If anything they should update the BF's design to the Dreamlight's version. She looks ridiculous with the currently massive hips she has.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    I would love to see some updates. ...Ratatouille?
    I don't see how they could make an EP float based on Ratatouille.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

I would have said the same thing about Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc, but there they are in Tokyo Disneyland! And they are amazing.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

This one does look very Fantillusion (which FWIW has a very large lead float with Mickey on it). But I think it is great they are changing and adding. I have an issue with characters going into IASW or attractions based just on characters ala the DCA makeover, but not in parades.

As a kid I was thrilled when Tron and the MCP flunkies joined MSEP, it was awesome. So to see this happen is cool.

And FWIW, there are fairy stories told at Great Ormand Street here in London that are very close to the new Tinkerbell Movie, so as far as I am concerned, it is canon.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Updates are fine, but really, I'm so bored of Tinkerbell. I don't know what character would be better to work into the parade, but that doesn't change the fact that she is absolutely everywhere now.

But, that's the first and last time you'll hear that out of me, because I'm pretty sure her and her new franchise won't be going away anytime soon and it's not worth wasting breath (or the time to type things out) over it.

The float itself seems a little busy, but definitely not unbearably so.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast