Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: What Are Your Ideas For Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    CC is supposed to be the deep south, ever since it was created. I'm not sure if Bear Country was supposed to be the Pacific NW, but it's definitely not that anymore. I always just took BC to be a generic American forest anyway, just an extension of Frontierland really.
    Well whatever the theme is supposed to be, the Lion King just doesn't match it. Lions stuff from Africa and the jungle belong in ADVENTURELAND that is why the 50th Anniversary mosaic of Simba and Nala was placed in ADVENTURELAND!!!

• MC State Comptroller

Good question..great ideas all. Here are mine

Main Street
    • Change Lincoln to "Great Moments with Walt Disney" and have an AA Disney talk about the past, present and future of Disneyland.
    • Retheme the stores to what they are supposed to be. Add a newsstand caller to yell out headlines ("Disneyland opened till 11pm", "Parade of Dreams scheduled at 4:30" etcc)
    • Make a tour availible of Disney's apartment above the Firehouse.

Adventureland
    • Take out Aladdin oasis and replace it with a Lion King or Jungle Book dark ride
    • Improve and add some AA's to Jungle Cruise
    • Fix up Indy (Really that's all i think it needs)
    • Take down the Treehouse

New Orleans Square
    • Either change back POTC or add an addition to the ride dealing more with Davy Jones or the cursed gold
    • No "Nightmare before Christmas" overlay on Haunted Mansion
    • Move the Columbia boat dock to in front of HM and retheme it to be a pirate ship. Use the Burning Settlers Cabin in part as a pirate attack from the ship.

Critter Country
    • Change Splash Mountain theme from "Song of the South" to "The Fox and the Hound" (nothing political here, but you're not going to release the film due to some faux PCness, then you shouldn't have a ride. Plus you can use the Bear fight at the climax of Fox and Hound as the drop)
    • Take out the store near the exit of "Splash" and put a Bambi dark ride. (one of the most recognized Disney films without a ride for it)
    • Keep Pooh.
    • Take the first story of Hungry Bear restaurant and convert it to Country Bear Jamboree

Frontierland
    • Add a Jazz band and Mark Twain-esque storyteller to the Mark Twain and get rid of the narration
    • Use the Pond/Waterfall area across from BTMRR as a Pocahontas boat ride

Fantasyland
    • Put the Skyway to Tomorrowland back
    • Take out the Souvenir cart out at the border between Frontierland and Fantasyland and add a character meet and greet area
    • Re-theme the "Village Haus" restaurant to "Tony's" from "Lady and the Tramp"
    • Take out Storybook canals and replace with a Robin Hood ride

Toontown
    • Take out Goofy's Bounce House and "Miss Daisy" and add a "Goofy Sports" ride
    • Change "Gadget's Go Coaster" to "Donald's Roller-Quackster"
    • Take out Minnie's house and add "House of Mouse" nightclub/character meet and greet area

Tomorrowland (this could take awhile)
    • Put Back the Peoplemover. Have it start out the same, but right before Tron have "Syndrome" from "The Incredibles" try to cause havoc, but is stopped by The Incredibles and Frozone.
    • Move rocketjets to top of PeopleMover
    • Take out Innovations and replace with a "History of Tomorrowland" dark ride in where you board "doom buggies" and pass through previous incarnations of Tomorrowland. (Go through "House of the Future", "Rocket to the Moon", "Tron" aspect of peoplemover, et al)
    • Take out "Autopia" cars and redesign the ride to "Hover Cars"
    • Replace HISTA with "Mission to Mars"
    • Add "Skyway to Fantasyland"
    • Replace "Finding Nemo" theme with the Original Sub Voyage theme
    • Make Starrcade great again with the newest and hottest video games
    • Revamp Star Tours to include more destinations and various ride programs

There are some more everyday things i would change (admission prices, fastpass, parade times and routes), but that is what are my ideas for Disneyland,
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Banned User

Three words: Star. Tours. Two.

• Senior Minion

I mean no offense to anyone, but if you wonder why Disney only builds attractions based on movies these days, this thread will tell you why. Look at the ideas people give vs what they say they want in general.

In other threads you'll find page after page lamenting no new original themes for attractions and then when people are given a chance to say what they would add to DL, virtually every film in the Disney cannon gets thrown out there. Sad, just sad.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• > 150 DL Trips & 3 to 33

This is a common thought and there are far too many threads about this very thing.
    I love reading these threads. I wish there was a thread dedicated to ideas for each land. Each one could begin with a disclaimer that released Disney of any liability should they use any of the ideas.

• Senior Minion

Disney doesn't need a waiver to build attractions based on their movies. You're not going to win a lawsuit because you posted that they should build a Wall-E attraction and then they do. Unless you post or some type of intellectual property, like a sketch of a never before developed ride system or something like that, there's nothing for Disney to steal.

I do enjoy these threads too though, just to see what the fans are interested in seeing. But as I said before, there are almost no original ideas in this thread, so there's nothing for Disney to steal.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• BATTLE COMBINER!

I would LOVE to see some new ideas for rides, and such. for instance, let me put forth an idea for a ride, that ISN'T based on a film!

I always liked Indiana Jones, even though I have not been on it yet, and and jealous of Tokyo Disney's awesome Journey to the Center of the Earth. So, why not combine the two? (Remember, any ideas do NOT have to be based on real costs, etc. I just like making ideas!) So, to outline:

-The ride starts with an introduction in the queue, which is based on a camp that some people have set up next to a small jungle. A professor comes out of a tent, Professor Hemington, and he details their expedition, which involves finding an ancient ruins that seemingly disappeared, but evidence shows it has mysteriously come back...
    -He introduces the Omni-Vehicular Exploration Ride, or OVER, (that was not on purpose, actually.) It has the ability to go on water, street, off road, and dive. In actuality, the ride vehicle does not move, it actually just tilts, and goes forward, and can rotate.
    -You begin your expedition through the jungle, and find some mysterious statues. One falls down, and nearly hits you, but you speed ahead just in time. (The statue really has a joint motor, so it can be lowered down safely, and raised again. It is obscured from view, however.)
    -You find the entrance to the temple, and the Professor says this is remarkable. You enter the ruins.
    - The beginning is simple, and involves a long corridor with many new kinds of art. Ancient, tribal symbols, hieroglyphs... it is all there. Suddenly, traps start activating, and you speed down the corridor! The Prof. warns you of unstable ground, but it is too late... you dive down into an abyss... (You actually went onto a separated section of track that also has motors to move up and down, and while speeding downwards, you vehicle spins and tilts to simulate it falling.)
    - You crash down (by stopping abruptly and shaking the OVER) and see a fantastic cave, covered in plants and such. Light streams in from the surface, and reflects off reflective rocks. (In reality, they are clear glass with lights behind it. The glitters are actually coming from flat TV screens, hidden as rocks.)
    - You roll forward, as the Prof. details an underground river which may take you to a lake, and back to the surface. You then speed forward, and find a new cavern...
    - The ancient peoples had found this place, too. It has ruins all over it, and the Prof. explains they may have MADE this cavern, to specifically hide the technologies here, which were very advanced for the time.
    - You drive past the ruins, and find another cavern, full of animal and plant life. A large diamond, in the ceiling, is reflecting light from above, and only stays in place because of friction. (Animatronic) life watches your OVER drive by, and some hiss, or roar. They seem to be different kinds of jungle life. (Tigers that have re-evolved long fangs, Monkeys that are giants, giant sloths, rhinoceroses, etc.)
    - A volcanic eruption is starting to happen, the Prof. warns. You need to leave quickly!
    - As you leave the cavern, you find the river, which can help you to the surface... you hope. So, you drive in, and the OVER becomes submerged, and you hear the computer acknowledge this.
    - You swim forward, and (animatronic) fish jump out and attack you boat! You dodge crocodiles, and more, as you swim ahead, quickly.
    -As the heat rises, the walls crack, and red light shines from them. The water boils, and you rush forward faster. Rocks fall in front of you, and you skid sideways as you dodge them. You're trapped!
    -The water boils so much, a geyser erupts beneath your feet, and (on another seperated elevator track piece) you rise up, and out, of the caverns. You appear a distance away from the cavern. You drive back t camp, and the Prof. is sad to say, the records were destroyed by the searing water... there is no proof.
    -You exit at the camp, and leave the ride.

Here's an idea.. BRING BACK THE GALLERY!! Sorry for the language. Seriously though.

I have had some ideas here and there throughout the years but what my hopes truley are, is that Disneyland keeps it's nod to tradition and keeps somethings the same so that when we all walk across that hub, we all can remember our childhoods and feel the lightness in your heart as a twinge of pain crosses your jaw and you hold back the tears. I love the tradionality that is strived at, NOT ACCURACY as some have obviously deeply coveted to the extreme on this site. This doesn't mean I'm so conservative to say that everything should stay the same, not at all! I appreciate bettering the park (which is completely subjective) and keep things novel and within given areas on the cutting edge of technology. I hope to see the spirit of Disneyland stay, though rides and themes may come and go, keep the heart of what really matters. Family entertainment, appreciating the past and looking forward to the future.

And in close second my hope would be that DL never, ever, ever, ever, evereverevereverever, ever becomes another WDW. You want twenty thousand hotels, inconvenient transporation, and what some consider sub par employee performance (No offense, personal experience may vary) then shuffle on down to Florida and sweat it out in the 90% humidity, please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I mean no offense to anyone, but if you wonder why Disney only builds attractions based on movies these days, this thread will tell you why. Look at the ideas people give vs what they say they want in general.

In other threads you'll find page after page lamenting no new original themes for attractions and then when people are given a chance to say what they would add to DL, virtually every film in the Disney cannon gets thrown out there. Sad, just sad.

The man has a point people. At what point do they get so tired of thinking up new movie inspired rides that they break ground on
    Walle's Tiggerific Astro Blasting Mermaid Voyage in Wonderland? It would be nice to see the imagineers put their pens to paper regarding something other than the promotion of the newest Disney Pixar match up. Just sayin..

• Minion

I think that they should bring back the Country Bears because it makes you smile and laugh. Also it brings back a lot of memories.

• Minion

Adventureland:
    Aladdin's Oasis > Jungle Book dark ride, or return to Tahitian Terrace
    Tarzan's Treehouse > Swiss Family Treehouse
    Indiana Jones > same type of ride, but rethemed to something more generic, not tied into a movie

Frontierland:
    Pirate's Lair > Tom Sawyer's Island (and if there's room for a dark ride at one end of the island, how about a Huckleberry Finn or Tom Sawyer encounter with Injun Joe as part of the attraction).
    The old Big Thunder Ranch area > an outdoor attraction tied in to some of the tall tales from the west---Paul Bunyan, Pecos Bill, e.g.
    Bring back the Keel Boats to the Rivers of America

NOS:
    Keep it the same. Perhaps take out two of the Johnny Depp AAs in Pirates though. Three appearances is too much. You don't see the redhead at the auction appear multiple times.

Critter Country:
    Find a place for the return of CBJ, or add Bambi attraction.
    Upgrade Pooh.

Fantasyland:
    Okay as is. The dark rides that are there are classics.
    I'd revamp Toontown. I've never been a real fan of the area anyway, and it might prove to be prime real estate for an expansion of Fantasyland which includes more dark rides or attractions dedicated to classics like the Aristocats, Beauty and the Beast, etc.
    Or it would be okay to keep a small area of Toontown intact with only Mickey and Minnie's houses, and add a Mickey-themed attraction such as Steamboat Willie.
    I might put a Mary Poppins show on the stage over there by the RR station, or put an attraction in that Fantasyland expansion area where you ride on carousel horses through a Mary Poppin-themed attraction.

Tomorrowland:
    Take the technology from Nemo meets the Subs, and turn it back into a trip to the North Pole.
    Bring back Peoplemover, no movie theme necessary. Just put in a narration track that announces what you can see in Tomorrowland.
    Put Jets back up on the platform.
    Bring back Mars and ATIS-like attractions with upgrades. It would be rehashing old attractions, I know, but that's what they intend to do with Star Tours 2 anwyay.
    I'd like to see more generic, futuristic, science-based attractions in Tomorrowland rather than the continuation of an attraction (ST) that ties in to a non-Disney movie. If you do have to keep the Star Tours attraction, make it a generic trip into space. Lose the Star Wars theme.
    Do something with the old America Sings carousel building. Maybe an AA tribute to flight, transportation, or space travel, ending with a stage that depicts civilians launching into the cosmos.
    Lose Buzz Lightyear too. Turn it back into the Circlevision theater and add either a laserium-type show, or turn the screens that surround you into a trip through the solar system, much like they do at the new Griffith Park observatory.
    Turn the HISTA theater back into an outdoor entertainment venue. Bring back the Kids of the Kingdom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12