Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• BATTLE COMBINER!

What Are Your Ideas For Disneyland?

(Sorry if this is in a wrong section, I have not been here in a while! If it is, please move it! Since it is about Disneyland, and I see no other section this would easily fit in, I put it here.)

What would you do in Disneyland? Would you add some rides? A whole new land? Remove an attraction? Change something? Don't bother about realism, but if you want to, go ahead. Just, tell us your ideas! Preferably detailed, because I don't want to have people constantly asking for certain details, that would make this thread a bit long winded.

I will start off, then?

I would LOVE to see Tomorrow Land become what I view it as... a retro future land! See, when Disneyland first came out, 'Tomorrow' in their eyes was a lot different than our modern day eyes. They had a charming outlook which I have come to adore. I love the spaceships, and the astronauts, and that technology which was, and sometimes still is, so far fetched. My point is, I think that Tomorrow Land represents the imagination of the future. What we imagine the world to be like, and what we imagine it will become. Our imagined future, it sometimes reflects our modern day reality. And I prefer the old, 1950's imagined future, than our future. And, it also is more charming, and has a more classic feel. I would love their to be rides like this, with Tron, and other old fashioned Science Fiction. That, is my idea.

What are some of yours?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: What Are Your Ideas For Disneyland?

This is a common thought and there are far too many threads about this very thing.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Digging to Earth's center

I would take out the World of Disney merchandise from Main Street, and give each shop a merchandise theme. Example: the candy shop sells candy, the watch shop sells watches, etc.

I would expand Adventureland, because it's really crammed into a small space. Jungle Cruise would be expanded to have a temple portion of the ride just like WDW's, and maybe add some suspenseful adventure to its such as a giant cat (tiger, panther, or lion?) attack. Indiana Jones Adventure would be upgraded and updated with lots of TLC to restore it to its former glory and maybe even improve it. I would take out the Aladdin theatre and expand the Tiki Room or add some pretty scenery such as the Adventureland Great Falls... or something cool. I would transform Tarzan's Treehouse to the Treehouse of the Worlds, which is an inventive functioning treehouse, and much like Swiss Treehouse, it looks like people could live here.

I would do a holiday overlay (this has been suggested before in my thread about James and the Giant Peach)... Nightmare Before Christmas takes over Haunted Mansion and James and the Giant Peach takes over Pirates of the Caribbean. I know people will probably hate this idea most, but if I seriously could do it, I would do it. This would keep happening until we finally get a land to fit these ideas in, and then PotC and HM wouldn't have holiday overlays anymore.

As for Frontierland, I would bring back a form of Nature's Wonderland... sure, it's not going to be as big and elaborate as the original, but it'd be cool anyway. If not, I would restore some of Frontierland's past, like the Conestoga wagons, the pack mules, etc. Oh, and Pirate's Lair? Gone. Replaced with a frontier-themed island similar to Tom Sawyer Island, but bigger and better and improved. If this island belongs to New Orleans Square, I'll be happy that it's Pirate's Lair.

In Critter Country, I would either improve Pooh to TDL's standards or remove it completely to make room for a Bambi dark ride or Lion King dark ride. Also, I want this area to feel as "lived-in" as the other lands... so some touches could be made here. Maybe a few more attractions could be placed here...

Fantasyland is pretty good as is. I wish I could've seen the pirate ship and skull that used to be here, so ripping down Princess Faire would allow an expansion.

ToonTown could use more toons.

Tomorrowland... now that's a huge project. I'll have to reply about a full-sized idea I had once later (yup, it's that big)...

Those are my ideas!
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• Defying gravity

Stop canceling entertainment

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    This is a common thought and there are far too many threads about this very thing.

Yeah, it's gonna be tough to pick which one to merge this one in to...

• Minion

On Main Street i would add more characters that match the theme. The mayor and his wife, the bird lady, women shopping etc. Also like FinalAdventure said, make the shops sell what they are supposed to!!!

In Adventureland, I would expand the Jungle Cruise so that it can go inside the Indiana Jones Adventure and make a seperate indoor section. I think that that would be very cool. Also, tear down Aladdin's theater and put a path that winds around and ends at some temple ruins and large waterfalls. There could also be AA animals and some interactive features like rocks that shake to resemble an earthquake and things like that.

Frontierland would recieve some trails that you can hike on that go around back by the railroad tracks (but not close to them at all). Tom Saywer's Island would return to Tom Sawyer's Island. Big Thunder Ranch would be re-done to be an Indian Village.

As for Fantasyland, I would tear down Princess Fantasy Faire and put a Hercules dark ride that features the same ride vehicle techonolgy as Indiana Jones, but toned town A LOT!!!!! The Skyway Chalet would be the new home for princess meet-and-greets.

Toontown would recieve some TLC and even an airport. It would be a motion-sumulator like Star Tours, but the video would be of Goofy driving a plane that he built and you are the passengers. It would be in the spot of where the town park is now.

And Tomorrowland. Don't get me started on Tomorrowland. I will comment on this in a new thread that I will start soon.

Anyway, that is what I would do to Disneyland!!!
    Last edited by disneylandfan95; 12-26-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: I can't spell

• HauntedOne999

Main Street U.S.A:
    This area would stay pretty much the same. Each shop would only carry items that suit its individual theme books in a bookstore, china in a china store... The Old security office that was taken by the Tour guides would be turned into the Mayors office where he can relax and store his supplies... He would also get a Wife would would visit him from time to time. There would be more Characters - Mayors Wife, Gazette Reporter, and other towns people. I had posted an idea for a new Opera House show awhile back basically it would be about the Presidents on Mount Rushmore.

Tomorrowland:
    My idea can be found on the Tomorrowland Rehab thread... Basically an expansion of Epcot's old Horizons Pavillion

Fantasyland:
    Nothing would really change... a new attraction would be built utilizing the old Skyway chalet for the queue.

Frontierland:
    Cascade Peak would be rebuilt, Animal Vignettes would be constructed along Thunder Trail... a small attraction would be placed in the area that is festival arena.

Adventurland:
    Aladdins Oasis becomes the Adventurers Club(Character Story Telling during the day, Comedy club at night) serving lite meals the characters from the comedy revue would do street shows during the day as well.Planters in the walkway would be removed to help with Guest Flow. Tarzans Treehouse would go back to Swiss Family Treehouse eliminating the center stairs from the walkway.

New Orleans Square:
    Stays exactly the same. HM and POTC would get upgrades and extensive cleaning.
    Tom Sawyers Island would be Tom Sawyers Island extensive upgrades all over the island rebuilding of Fort Wilderness with hidden areas for CMs and F! cast... burning cabin would return... as well as the keel boats.

Critter Country:
    Pooh I guess would stay but get a complete rework... i think TDL's HoneyHunt would be the only way for it to be worth anything. Removal of the defunct Splash play area near the exit and convert it to a Brer Meet and Greet area. Excessive use of Honey pots and major Pooh references wouold be removed from shop exteriors to give more of a Country feel than a Pooh explosion.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Diva Extrodinaire

Adventureland
    • Add the Tahitian Terrace back where Aladdin's Oasis used to be.
    New Orleans Square
    • Close 2 restaurants and build a Ratatouille dark ride.
    • Build a "Blue Sky Manor"
    Critter Country
    • Open a "Br'er Watering Hole" eat-in-boat restaurant all over land.
    • Bambi dark ride replaces Winnie the Pooh.
    • Pooh's Playful Spot cloned to CC.
    Frontierland
    • Pocahontas boat ride be built on BTR land.
    • BTMRR expanded over to other side of walkway near island.
    • Island rethemed to a "Treasure Island."
    Fantasyland
    • Storybookland gets new houses
    • Aladdin replaces Pinocchio
    • Mary Poppins replaces Snow White
    • The Muses from Hercules get show in Small World Mall
    • New sow in Fantasyland Theatre
    Tomorrowland
    • A space needle replaces Innoventions
    • Autopia is enclosed and themed to Wall-E
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Walt Disney Fan

I would get rid of HISTA and a whole land dedicatedto villains. That's all I would change
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by jackskeleton1015 View Post
    I would get rid of HISTA and a whole land dedicated to villains. That's all I would change
    I love the idea of a Villain Land!

And I am sorry, I didn't know there were similar threads. Thanks for pointing that out. It does seem like an idea that would come up often, doesn't it? And I guess it does, haha.

Main Street:
    1) Keep it as intact as possible.
    2) Reinstate a restaurant at the old 'Egg House'.
    3) Reintroduce Mr. Lincoln, with some new surprises. Maybe Thomas Jefferson discussing the drafting of the Declaration of Independence, or President Reagan giving the "Mr. Gorbechav, tear down this wall" speech, or President Kennedy giving his "Ask not..." speech. Not too many additions, just a few.
    4) Try to get guests through the 'coffee' and 'ice cream' lines quicker.
    5) Better advertise the 'flag ceremony', so as to get more service men and women, as well as veterans to attend. That is very stirring.

Tomorrowland:
    1) How about a take on the 'Absent Minded Professor', invention of Flubber, but updated. Not like the Robin Williams update, but using the Flubber 'product' in modern applications. Flight, transportation, infrastructure, medicine, farming, weather...whaddayu think? I mean, easily installed bridges, quicker construction times, medical applications for cancer detection, cloud seeding to aid in food production, etc. Use the HISTA area.
    2) Install an updated Star Tours adventure, or two.
    3) In the vein of the old 'Mission' attractions, how about something that shows us the new generation of 'shuttle' flight and usage.
    4) 'Green' technology that is in the near future, that could be easily updated as we meet the future. Wind, solar, tide, geo thermal, recycling, etc.
    5) The most state of the art audio animatronic figures to discuss and showcase the above ideas.

Fantasyland:
    1) Expand into the old 'Festival' area with rides heralding Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, etc.
    2) As much of a purist as I am, Walt said Disneyland would never be finished. That he'd be able to change things. Well, the area occupied by Casey Jr. and Story Book could be used better, to provide a segway to the 'Festival area' as outlined above. Heresy, I know. Just a thought.
    3) Is the Fantasyland theater really the highest and best use of that land? Potential expansion space.

Toon Town:
    1) Someone else said it right..."more toons". A greater homage to the Silly Symphonies would be perfect here. (Yes, I know that is the new theme for PP @ DCA)
    2) Goofy's Bounce House, Donald's Ship, Gadget's Go Coaster and Chip 'N' Dale are a waste of space. While they are beautiful to look at, that space could be put to much better use, making this 'land' relevant again.
    3) More Jolly Trolly!

Frontierland:
    1) Just better utilize BTR. That's lots of land. A reimagination of the train ride through nature's wonderland would be a thought.
    2) Put the 'island' back into Frontierland. The pirate theme is yesterday's news. If not Tom Sawyer, then something children of all ages can explore and climb on. Hide-and-go-seek is what that island is for. Atleast it was for my family.
    3) Something that incorporates Pecos Bill, Slew Foot Sue, the Living Desert, etc. More Frontier theming.

New Orleans Square:
    1) This is where Ratatouille, Hunchback and Aristocats should have something, but where. Land is at a premium here. The area in front of the train station (fountain) is a possibility. Maybe going underground could be done again. A challenge, I know. Great potential for music.
    2) Haunted Mansion could use a little 'Ichabod' added. The headless horseman would fit perfectly here. I'm sorry purists, of which I am one, too. Something fresh keeps these rides full. That's good for the Park, and for the guests.

Critter Country:
    1) Bring back the CBJ!
    2) Find something for Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, Oliver, Fox and the Hound, etc.
    3) Pooh is pooped out.

Adventureland:
    1) Again, land is at a premium. Jungle Cruise could use some more 'realistic' AA figures.
    2) The Jungle Book deserves something here. Theming is right.
    3) Indy could use some new surprises. It's an awesome ride, in danger of becoming antiquated like Star Tours has. Keep it relevant.

Well, there's my two cents. It's fun to 'Imagine', isn't it? Cheap and harmless, too.

This is my idea. Staring with Main street.
    Main Street
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Keep same.

Tommorow land
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Bring People Mover back
    Put Astro Orbiter on top of people mover track
    Fix Star Tours
    Replace Innoventions with some thing spacey
    Bring Skyway back

Fantasyland
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Take out Alice in Wonderlnad ride.
    Replace it with A Mickey MOUSE ride where Minnie gets kiddnaped and you go along the journy with Mickey.(sorry Mickey needs a ride. Well you can put this in Toon town. It needs more rides)
    Bring back Skyway.

Fronterland
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Take out BTR and add some kind of Phocohants show. Keep the petting Zoo.
    Take out Pirates liar and make Tom Saywers Island like another land with rides.
    Add AAs 2 Mark twain ride

Adventureland
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Extend Jungle Cruzie
    Take out Alladen thing and add a ride.

New Orlens Square
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Update Pirates
    Replace Tarzan's Treehouse With Swiss Family Robinson's TreeHouse

Please, Sigh the petion at www.peopleforthepeoplemover.com so out beloved PeopleMover cpuld have a chance to come back.

• Diva Extrodinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Goof@Heart View Post
    Main Street:

Tomorrowland:
    4) 'Green' technology that is in the near future, that could be easily updated as we meet the future. Wind, solar, tide, geo thermal, recycling, etc.

Fantasyland:
    1) Expand into the old 'Festival' area with rides heralding Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, etc.

Toon Town:
    1) Someone else said it right..."more toons". A greater homage to the Silly Symphonies would be perfect here. (Yes, I know that is the new theme for PP @ DCA)

Frontierland:
    1) Just better utilize BTR. That's lots of land. A reimagination of the train ride through nature's wonderland would be a thought.
    2) Put the 'island' back into Frontierland. The pirate theme is yesterday's news. If not Tom Sawyer, then something children of all ages can explore and climb on. Hide-and-go-seek is what that island is for. Atleast it was for my family.

New Orleans Square:
    1) This is where Ratatouille, Hunchback and Aristocats should have something, but where. Land is at a premium here. The area in front of the train station (fountain) is a possibility. Maybe going underground could be done again. A challenge, I know. Great potential for music.

Critter Country:
    2) Find something for Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, Oliver, Fox and the Hound, etc.

Adventureland:

2) The Jungle Book deserves something here. Theming is right.
    3) Indy could use some new surprises. It's an awesome ride, in danger of becoming antiquated like Star Tours has. Keep it relevant.

Well, there's my two cents. It's fun to 'Imagine', isn't it? Cheap and harmless, too.
    And those ideas are great! But, would Lion King go to Adventureland or Critter Country. A cheap idea is a LIon King show at the Aladdin theatre...
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    And those ideas are great! But, would Lion King go to Adventureland or Critter Country. A cheap idea is a LIon King show at the Aladdin theatre...
    I don't think that the Lion King belongs in Critter Country because it is supposed to be themed to the Pacific Northwest. That is why they should BRING BACK THE BEARS!!!!!!!!!

• Senior Minion

CC is supposed to be the deep south, ever since it was created. I'm not sure if Bear Country was supposed to be the Pacific NW, but it's definitely not that anymore. I always just took BC to be a generic American forest anyway, just an extension of Frontierland really.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast