• Resident Ghost

2009 - The Year of a Million Deals?

With this economy will Disneyland (or have they already) have any good deals to get into the park cheaper?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: 2009 - The Year of a Million Deals?

not sure about that, but they sure as heck are having a ball with some of the merchandise!

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    not sure about that, but they sure as heck are having a ball with some of the merchandise!
    What do you mean? Is merchandise getting cheaper?
    Foolish Mortal

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    What do you mean? Is merchandise getting cheaper?
    http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dat...erch-more.html

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Bacon View Post
    With this economy will Disneyland (or have they already) have any good deals to get into the park cheaper?

They already have announced a "deal" to make it APPEAR to be cheaper to get into the Park.

The new AP Payment Program.

Perception does become reality...

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Thanks, I've seen the Christmas merchandise on sale before but NEVER the toys!!!!!
    Foolish Mortal

• Resident Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    They already have announced a "deal" to make it APPEAR to be cheaper to get into the Park.

I don't own an AP though since I live up in Northern California...I really wish there were some real deals for my type!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The early 2009 discounts for "out of towners" will be everyone get in at the Kids price, if you buy a 3 day or longer ParkHopper in Advance (Disneyland.com, and most travel agents) .

What is unknown is what the Southern California Residents will be offered for the January through April period. They can bring back the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" offer (aka the 2fer), but they might look at an even stronger discount, such as a lower one day price for just Disneyland (currently $69 for a single day). Should be interesting to see what they finally decide, we should know in less than 2 weeks.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post

I don't know anyone who thinks a payment plan is a deal, or cheaper than paying for an AP normally.... most people can do simple addition.

It instead makes it more of a "Pay as you go", paying for one month at a time, only you're of course required to pay for the whole year. It's the same amount of money, just easier on some people who don't always have such a large amount of cash available at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    The early 2009 discounts for "out of towners" will be everyone get in at the Kids price, if you buy a 3 day or longer ParkHopper in Advance (Disneyland.com, and most travel agents) .

What is unknown is what the Southern California Residents will be offered for the January through April period. They can bring back the "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" offer (aka the 2fer), but they might look at an even stronger discount, such as a lower one day price for just Disneyland (currently $69 for a single day). Should be interesting to see what they finally decide, we should know in less than 2 weeks.
    2 weeks? Oh goody! I'll hopefully hae some far away family come visit me for a Disneyland trip, and maybe there will be a good deal for them.
    I don't think they'd get much out of the 2fer, do you? What with the construction finally picking of pace at DCA, I don't think a lot of people will be bothered to come back for the second park. Maybe there's a way they can do a similar promotion, just with something else instead of DCA (a meal discount, perhaps?)
    I think the Everyone Plays at the Kid's Price is a pretty good deal for out-of-towners, personally, but who knows if we'll see even more discounts to encourage traveling to the DLR, prehaps through 3rd parties like AAA?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Banned User

I just can't believe how much the prices has gone up in the most recent years. If Disney really wanted people to come into the park they would lower their prices, or at least keep them the same for a couple of years. They are going to loose a ton of money this year to people who can pay to get into the park, but can't pay for character meals and souvenirs. It will be interesting to see what happens.