• Disney World

15 22.73%
  • Disneyland Paris

13 19.70%
  • Tokyo Disneyland

1 1.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

which park has the best haunted mansion?

Which park has the best haunted mansion?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: which park has the best haunted mansion?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    Which park has the best haunted mansion?
    The effects in the WDW version are the best. However, Paris has my favorite Mansion (or should I say Manor). Something about the creepy setting, eery graveyard (the one in the final scene and the one outside), the beautiful score (similar but much richer than the ones in the US), all add up to a perfect experience.

FYI - Hope you don't mind that I added a poll.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• =)

I've only experienced ours in Anaheim, so I'm not going to vote, but from what I know, I suspect my opinions would break down like this:

* Anaheim: Wonderful exterior facade, great portrait hall and loading area, and lots of nostalgic value, but missing a few scenes.
    * Orlando: Extra scenes, and a more conventionally eerie exterior, but...it's not the Disneyland version!
    * Paris: It must be so wonderful, not as an replacement for or attempted improvement on the original, but simply as a different take. I really hope to experience this someday.
    * Tokyo: Pretty much the same as WDW, right? And did it not receive the upgraded effects in the last few years?

Soooo...the one at Disneyland will always be my instinctive favorite, but it'd be nice to experience all of them someday. I'm sure they'd all be worthwhile and enjoyable.

• Member of Baxter's Army

If you asked me a few years ago I would have said Disneyland but now I can definitley say WDW has the better version. Whew I don't get to say that very often.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Paris' is very creepy!

but I love ours!

• Minion

okay, Disneyland is the origanal and I love it and I think every two weeks I go I always ride it. I have ridden all sept the Tokyo vbersion and there all unique with bascucally da same story but told in 3 difeerent ways. Orlandos reminds me of a classic old haunted house and tells the Disneyland story in a grand way with xtra scenes a d the size of it. Anaheims is the classic and gives this creepy feelin to it. It quant and great with a unique feelin to it. Like any of the Paris atractions there usally differnt. This manor focuses on the storyline from the outside wedding tables to the showbuildin. They all have The same story line but tell it in difernt ways. The story is about the wedding that didn't hapen bcause the bride got murdered and the groom hangs himslf. Sorry if I mispelled things I got an iPod touch 4 Xmas and I'm still vettin used to it!

• It's all about Theme!

Paris is an amazing alternative experience with the best attraction score ever. However the execs at DLP aren't giving it any love and it needs some TLC.

None the less, nothing is better then good old DL's HM. The original is the greatest and IMO is perfect just the way it is (ok, add HBG though )
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Animatronic

I haven't seen the recent upgrades to WDW, Nor have I seen the other two versions outside of videos and photos.

That said, Disneyland's version (especially prior to Splash) was errie and isolated with no physical hint as to the experience inside. There's something magical about really dropping in the stretching room and ending up having an experience physically bigger than the location would suggest. There's also the whole New Orleans Square location that really captures the imagine. I do think a vibrant and well executed land makes all the rides within it's boarders that much better.

The other versions all seem to offer something unique, but since this poll was posted in the Disneyland forum, I have to go with Disneyland!
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Picturing the Magic

Hmm, I have only been to Disneyland and WDW, so....

I really love WDW's for it's extra rooms, sound effects, and exterior theming/architecture.

I absolutely love Disneyland's overall effect and perfection to the attraction. Although some piece of audio could be added, it is just as fun as WDW's. I am still kind of 50-50 on which Mansion looks better; they are both amazing

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Dive ..... Dive.....

WDW may have the better show but they most certainly don't have the better exterior or historical value to back it up. Phantom Manor to me is a different attraction and can't really be compared to Haunted Mansion.

• Disney Secrets Master

Disneyland California!
    Putting the um in forum. Um...

The WDW one has more effects, a better ride but I like the exterior of the DL one much more.

• HauntedOne999

I personally prefer the WDW version, especially since they updated the gallery with the changing portraits (the other ones that followed with their eyes was abit cheesy, although I wouldnt mind owning one) also because the CMs really get into character, especially in the stretching room.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Banned User

I've only been on the California version, however I really have to say Phantom Manor is the best.

I looked into what it was all about a long time ago and I saw some videos on YouTube, and despite the fact that it lacks the humor Marc Davis brought into The Haunted Mansion, PM has a lot of strong emotional energy and scariness that revolves around a plot so strongly it actually sends chills down my spine. In HM, the plot is kinda subtle, but in PM we see the Bride in different stages, the Pantom himself, and a beautiful soundtrack to glue it all together. It's really epic.

• Poor chicken!

Since the WDW Mansion was updated, I prefer that one. Close call, though. I haven't seen any overseas Mansions so I couldn't say if theirs are better or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast