Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Addicted to MC since '08

New Audio for Screamin'

Most of you know that Paradise Pier is getting transformed into a Victorian seaside boardwalk (unless you've been living under a rock..or haven't visited these boards in a long time...or... nevermind, I'm rambling). Anyway, do you think California Screamin will get a new on-board soundtrack? The current soundtrack is very 21st century and can in no way tie in with the early 20th century theme Disney is shooting for.

I'm not sure what kind of soundtrack Disney could use however. The music from that era wouldn't exactly fit in with a LIM launching, high speed, looping coaster.

So, what do you think Disney should do? Should they keep the soundtrack, should they get a new soundtrack, remix the current soundtrack, or should they just drop the music completely and go "authentic" to wooden coasters of that era?

Your thoughts please

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: New Audio for Screamin'

I say go "authentic", since the audio doesn't work half the time anyways

• Minion

PPl have tlked about this b4. And as far as my grandfather who works at TDA has told me there keepin the soundtrack but I think there gonna change it to all organ fair carnivally music. IDK

How about a sound track that simulates the rumble and clackity-clack sounds you'd associate with a wooden coaster? Add a few ambient sounds to simulate a seaside park like seagulls and waves crashing on the rocks and maybe some sounds you'd associate with the midway games.

It would definitely be better than what they have now.

• Banned User

See, I'm fine without the soundtrack. It gets old after 14 or so rides on it.

I want to see new trains, however. Trains that look like wooden coaster trains, but with overhead restraints. The current trains are so plasticy and don't fit the victorian theme at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandicorney View Post
    How about a sound track that simulates the rumble and clackity-clack sounds you'd associate with a wooden coaster? Add a few ambient sounds to simulate a seaside park like seagulls and waves crashing on the rocks and maybe some sounds you'd associate with the midway games.

It would definitely be better than what they have now.
    I absolutely LOVE this idea! It gives the ride that authentic feel with the classic coaster noises.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    See, I'm fine without the soundtrack. It gets old after 14 or so rides on it.

I want to see new trains, however. Trains that look like wooden coaster trains, but with overhead restraints. The current trains are so plasticy and don't fit the victorian theme at all.
    I do want new trains that don't look like they are made of plastic also, but without the OTSRs. I know the OTSR removal would never happen. A shoulder-restraintless train and Grandicorney's idea for the sounds would make my perfect Screamin'.

• Picturing the Magic

Oh please don't let them turn it into some cheezy carnival soundtrack. (I HATE off-the-shelf carnival/fair/festival theming!!! Think Dinoland @ Disney's Animal Kingdom and you'll know what I mean.)

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Banned User

Wait.... it IS possible to have a looping rollercoaster without OSTRs....

Screamin without OSTRs would eliminate some of the headbanging I get on the turnaround before the loop and the trick-track before the second lift.

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    Oh please don't let them turn it into some cheezy carnival soundtrack. (I HATE off-the-shelf carnival/fair/festival theming!!! Think Dinoland @ Disney's Animal Kingdom and you'll know what I mean.)
    It would not be a "carnival soundtrack". You wouldn't even need to have the midway ambiance sounds. You could have the waves, seagulls, and the click-clank of a wooden coaster. It would sound like the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk or the Giant Dipper at Belmont Park. It would make the coaster feel authentic without it feeling cheap.

By the way, I know what you mean with the Dinoland at AK. I get chills up my spine whenever I go near that area.

Wait.... it IS possible to have a looping rollercoaster without OSTRs....

Screamin without OSTRs would eliminate some of the headbanging I get on the turnaround before the loop and the trick-track before the second lift.
    Yes it is possible, and I would love for the OTSRs to be removed. But I doubt Disney would. From my old thread about this same subject and posted by Uncle Bob:

Taken from Sec. 3195.9 of the California Code of Regulations

(f) Patron Retention, Restraint, and Support.

(1) All tubs, cars, chairs, seats, gondolas, and other carriers shall be equipped as necessary to provide protection against injury with devices that retain, restrain, or support the patron during all phases of ride movement. All fastenings shall be of a type that cannot be released inadvertently by the patron or by other accidental means.
    (2) All belts, bars, fastenings, anchorages, footrests, and other equipment or devices intended for the protection of patrons while they are on permanent amusement rides shall be of adequate design for and be maintained to perform their intended function.

Disney most likely believes that OTSRs on Screamin are of adequate design for the passenger's safety/protection.

Shoulder-Restraintless Screamin'?
    Last edited by DisneyPro; 12-28-2008 at 03:22 PM.

• Banned User

Some portions of Dinoland were nice, until they screwed it over with the carny area. I still don't understand why they needed to add that.

Some portions of Dinoland were nice, until they screwed it over with the carny area. I still don't understand why they needed to add that.
    Hehe...I'll be more specific...Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I don't see the music on CaScreamin as 21st century. It's more heavy metal 70's and 80's, and really has NEVER had anything to do with the theme that PP ever aspired to. The music does need to be changed to reflect the era/place that Disney is trying to evoke. From the first on Screamin, I have HATED the soundtrack - it desperately needs to be changed. The Beach Boys songs don't belong in PP pier, either, even though those songs are more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I don't see the music on CaScreamin as 21st century. It's more heavy metal 70's and 80's, and really has NEVER had anything to do with the theme that PP ever aspired to. The music does need to be changed to reflect the era/place that Disney is trying to evoke. From the first on Screamin, I have HATED the soundtrack - it desperately needs to be changed. The Beach Boys songs don't belong in PP pier, either, even though those songs are more tolerable.
    IMO, the fluctuation of themes within Paradise Pier (ex: Midway-inspired boardwalk theme with Heavy Metal music) contribute to the mess of Paradise Pier. Don't get me wrong, I do like Paradise Pier, but it needs change and a consistent theme (all the way down to the soundtrack on Screamin') is necessary to improve the land, IMO.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    IMO, the fluctuation of themes within Paradise Pier (ex: Midway-inspired boardwalk theme with Heavy Metal music) contribute to the mess of Paradise Pier. Don't get me wrong, I do like Paradise Pier, but it needs change and a consistent theme (all the way down to the soundtrack on Screamin') is necessary to improve the land, IMO.
    You will never get a more cohesive theme than the one the land currently has. Paradise Pier is supposed to be a modern amusement pier that evokes the style of 1920s boardwalks. It is not meant to BE a 1920s boardwalk - and by turning it into one, you're going to create several anachronisms.

Technically speaking, the music is the least of the problems. If Paradise Pier was to really represent a 1920s boardwalk - the whole darn coaster should be ripped out and replaced.

• It's all about Theme!

I love that soundtrack to the extreme. If the audio doesn't work I get so disappointed, its what makes the ride "Disney" for me.

A good idea is to make the opening/closing more victorian and then have the regular rock for the ride, kinda like making the Victorian era rock! Because a roller coaster was an amazing experience in those days.

Keep the soundtrack.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast