Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Re: An In-Depth Guide to the changes in "It's A Small World" w/ Photos + More

Part 6- A Trip Thru Polynesia/ New Guinea/ The Rainforest/ America

A Lot of Changes Here! Let's Get Started!

Character Alert!

The Mermaid in the center is getting the boot for Ariel.

Character Alert!

Two of these flats have been added on either side of the Mermaids. They will feature 2D Cut outs of Finding Nemo Characters moving Back and Forth. Stimulating isn't it.

My Review: Ariel is a perfect match, put some red hair on that mermaid and I really wouldn't care. The Nemo Characters have got to go. It's something out of one of the other Fantasyland dark rides. Two Dimensional cardboard cutouts moving spinning around in the same place? Really? Let's let the nemo characters take over 2 E-Tickets why don't we. It's just like somebody read my mind!

Moving on.

Character Alert!

This can go one of two ways. The boy can stay and Lilo can be added on what looks to be like a wave behind him. Or the Boy can go and Lilo can take his place. I'm in favor of having 2 surfers.

My Review: Stitch looks so horrible. Get rid of him. I can deal with two surfers. It looks like both can share the set together. Just don't get rid of the child already there.

The Rainforest/ New Guinea

My Review: Looking back at archives. The rainforest really isn't downsized that much. Just squeezed together. I am positive that not a lot of sets, only one or two likely went to waste. New Guinea however just looks small. Bring back the other two smaller huts and put them on the sides. Make it look bigger. It won't take up much more room! I promise.

Now for a whole bunch of Photos.

Going back to what I said much earlier. They shouldn't open an attraction while a whole scene is missing.

On to America...

Character Alert!

Be prepared to see Woody and Jessie in this scene. The rest of America I am choosing not to comment about until it comes out. Don't think too positive though, you might get your hopes up.

My Review: The Absolute most ugliest new characters in this entire ride. Do not add them. They look like horrible little plastic toys, no. As for the rest of America. Be Prepared for a big contrast in styles.

I show some photos of the Finale next.

Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Cal Poly DL Lover

very interesting!!

(and addicting)

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

• It's all about Theme!

The Finale/ The End of this Guide!

Now you know all about all of the new surprises which will await you this coming February! I leave this update with a bunch of Finale Photos. I hope that you have enjoyed this guide!

Hopefully this Small World Won't Become Too Big!
    Still need to work on the Electrical system though!

-August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• I'll pencil this in later

I'm really hoping there won't be music per each movie set..

• Following the Second Star

Here's a suggestion about what you should've done with this thread: gotten pictures of what we should expect to see with the changes. I have no idea what to expect because I haven't seen the HK dolls. It would have been easier if you had put pictures of their dolls in.

Like I've said before, I don't really care about the changes. From what I've heard they are in the right style, so I honestly don't mind it at all.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Nothing has been moved "back", I've seen hilarious claims that Ireland, Greece, Austrailia and a few other sets have been shoved away to "make space" for things, and all are completely false. Holiday sets can really change perspectives, as can a year.

Hope you all have fun enjoying the self fulfilling prophecy about character hunting in February.

• Hello

Cool Re: An In-Depth Guide to the changes in "It's A Small World" w/ Photos + More

those changes just suck

• I wish I may...

An inquiry: I might've read too fast, but is that little Filipino girl being moved/changed? There's almost nothing there that she's even representing.
    Wait- Is that little girl even Filipino? I haven't been on that ride in so long

•   
    • Senior Minion

very detailed. Thanks!

• Minion

Blog Entries

I was really hoping for a non biased review, but eh...

Thank you very much for taking your time to do this up. I look forward to something different.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    Here's a suggestion about what you should've done with this thread: gotten pictures of what we should expect to see with the changes. I have no idea what to expect because I haven't seen the HK dolls. It would have been easier if you had put pictures of their dolls in.

Like I've said before, I don't really care about the changes. From what I've heard they are in the right style, so I honestly don't mind it at all.
    For the first time in this subject I am no longer trying to prove a point. Below is a link to the HKDL IASW. Check out the characters there. It's a great video.

YouTube - Hong Kong Disneyland It's A Small World Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Nothing has been moved "back", I've seen hilarious claims that Ireland, Greece, Austrailia and a few other sets have been shoved away to "make space" for things, and all are completely false. Holiday sets can really change perspectives, as can a year.

Hope you all have fun enjoying the self fulfilling prophecy about character hunting in February.
    I took a look back on all of the videos in my archives and I have to agree with you. Nothing has been moved. I will change my look to include that! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wish Upon a Star View Post
    An inquiry: I might've read too fast, but is that little Filipino girl being moved/changed? There's almost nothing there that she's even representing.
    Wait- Is that little girl even Filipino? I haven't been on that ride in so long
    I have no Idea what child you are referring to? Can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    I was really hoping for a non biased review, but eh...

Thank you very much for taking your time to do this up. I look forward to something different.
    Sorry if the review was to biased for you. I did my best to put opinions in the little review segments. Truth is, I'm fine with almost all of the characters and I have more or less gotten over all of the additions.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post

Here's a few more photos for you. (Links only though!)

Check out this article and it shows very nice photos of all of the characters in Hong Kong!

Hong Kong Disneyland - "it's a small world" (The ?World? According to Jack)
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

I loved it all Walt Jr!!!

• Banned User

Thank you very much for that now I have an idea of how its gonna look and I must say I'm scared! I don't mind the additions of the human characters as much as the animals!!! They look completely out of place and dont match at all!!! I put faith in the imagineers that they will go for the more paper mache look of the other animals in the attraction. It also scares me that they mixed in the music from the movies into the song!! Thats like subliminal message to the max! Its shouting "buy my movie!!" O_o
    Thank you for that very in depth look! ^_^

• It's all about Theme!

I'll be back with some random shots of "It's A Small World for you all later tonight!

Thanks for all of the comments + feedback so far. If you see flaws in the guide, let me know and I will edit the guide! Thanks. =)

-August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast