Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2009 Entertainment Offerings

I know most of this has been mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to share the whole list that was given from Disney...

As The Year of a Million Dreams celebration comes to a close and the DisneylandŽ Resort heads into 2009, entertainment offerings and show times are being updated for the kick-off of "What will you celebrate?"
    Disneyland Park

- A Christmas Fantasy Parade and "Believe?In Holiday Magic" Fireworks Spectacular will run through Sunday, Jan. 4 to close out the holiday season.

- Disney's Princess Fantasy Faire will have its last showings of the Royal Coronation Ceremony and Disney Princess Storytelling on Sunday, Jan. 4. Disney Princess Meet & Greet will continue to remain at the Fantasyland Theatre.

- "Remember?Dreams Come True" Fireworks Spectacular will return to the skies above DisneylandŽ on Jan. 17-19 (Martin Luther King Jr. weekend) and Feb. 13-16 (President's Day weekend). The show is scheduled to make a full return in March 2009.

- Fantasmic! will continue to run daily through most of January and February. See The Hub for up-to-date information and times.

- Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams will not return to DisneylandŽ Park after the holidays. There will be no parades at DisneylandŽ Park after the holidays due to track work being done on Main Street, U.S.A.

- Celebrate! A STREET PARTY will make its debut down Main Street, U.S.A. in DisneylandŽ Park on March 27.

Disney's California Adventure Park

- Disney's Electrical Parade will have its final run on Sunday, Jan. 4 at Disney's California AdventureŽ Park and will not return until June 12 for the summer season.

Beginning Monday, Jan. 5:
    - Pixar Play Parade at Disney's California AdventureŽ Park will be dark on Mondays and Tuesdays.
    - High School Musical 3: Senior Year ? Right Here! Right Now! will be dark on Fridays through Sundays.
    - Disney's Aladdin ? A Musical Spectacular will be dark on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

All entertainment offerings are subject to change without notice.

•   

Re: 2009 Entertainment Offerings

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    I know most of this has been mentioned in other threads, but I wanted to share the whole list that was given from Disney...

- High School Musical 3: Senior Year ? Right Here! Right Now! will be dark on Fridays through Sundays.
    Score!

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post

As The Year of a Million Dreams celebration comes to a close and the DisneylandŽ Resort heads into 2009, entertainment offerings and show times are being updated for the kick-off of "What will you celebrate?"
    Disneyland Park

- A Christmas Fantasy Parade and "Believe?In Holiday Magic" Fireworks Spectacular will run through Sunday, Jan. 4 to close out the holiday season.

- Disney's Princess Fantasy Faire will have its last showings of the Royal Coronation Ceremony and Disney Princess Storytelling on Sunday, Jan. 4. Disney Princess Meet & Greet will continue to remain at the Fantasyland Theatre.

- "Remember?Dreams Come True" Fireworks Spectacular will return to the skies above DisneylandŽ on Jan. 17-19 (Martin Luther King Jr. weekend) and Feb. 13-16 (President's Day weekend). The show is scheduled to make a full return in March 2009.

- Fantasmic! will continue to run daily through most of January and February. See The Hub for up-to-date information and times.

- Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams will not return to DisneylandŽ Park after the holidays. There will be no parades at DisneylandŽ Park after the holidays due to track work being done on Main Street, U.S.A.

- Celebrate! A STREET PARTY will make its debut down Main Street, U.S.A. in DisneylandŽ Park on March 27.

Disney's California Adventure Park

- Disney's Electrical Parade will have its final run on Sunday, Jan. 4 at Disney's California AdventureŽ Park and will not return until June 12 for the summer season.

Beginning Monday, Jan. 5:
    - Pixar Play Parade at Disney's California AdventureŽ Park will be dark on Mondays and Tuesdays.
    - Disney's Aladdin ? A Musical Spectacular will be dark on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

All entertainment offerings are subject to change without notice.
    Still leaves room to argue a possible parade return later in the year.

The way Electrical Parade sounds is that it will come back to Disneyland for the summer season because it states "final run at DCA".

Excited! =)
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    The way Electrical Parade sounds is that it will come back to Disneyland for the summer season because it states "final run at DCA".
    I think you're looking too far into it. It will be at DCA in the summer my friend.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I think you're looking too far into it. It will be at DCA in the summer my friend.
    I was having a Marty Letter Moment.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Sad day. I still can't get over the Parade of Dreams leaving already. I wasn't ready to say goodbye yet! Hopefully this new Celebration Street Party Parade or whatever it's called will be fun...
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Question:

Why is the HSM3 show dark through weekends? That makes not sense to me.
    apˇpurˇteˇnant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dl_appurtenant View Post
    Question:

Why is the HSM3 show dark through weekends? That makes not sense to me.
    I was wondering the same...I might be one of the only people here that actually enjoys it. >.>

• Disney Pinapple Princess

Huh, So Being that I may be up there overnight on jan 11-12...I will see nothing?!?! wow. that sucks
    *** Disney Pinapple Princess *** Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4e8xunrnijrm.png[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Disney Dorks of the world unite!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Pretty sure the High School Musical 3 info is a mistake.

Based on Disneyland.com posting for January 2009, and past history for the other HSM shows.

It should state that shows will be offered Friday through Sunday (and maybe Holiday Mondays) and dark MONDAY through THURSDAY.

No need to have a show on a slow day!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Pretty sure the High School Musical 3 info is a mistake.

Based on Disneyland.com posting for January 2009, and past history for the other HSM shows.

It should state that shows will be offered Friday through Sunday (and maybe Holiday Mondays) and dark MONDAY through THURSDAY.

No need to have a show on a slow day!
    I think an official Disneyland press release is more reputable than the often troublesome Disneyland.com.

Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I was wondering the same...I might be one of the only people here that actually enjoys it. >.>
    No your definitely not because I do too!

And Luke, that may be true but still...it doesn't make sense.
    apˇpurˇteˇnant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I think an official Disneyland press release is more reputable than the often troublesome Disneyland.com.

The info was NOT an Official Press Release, but info from the Cast Member Web Site, which is basically run by the same folks as Disneyland.com

Since it makes basically NO sense to do "weekdays" and NOT weekends... sometimes past history and common sense is the smart way to go!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

The CM release omits two other important factors here...both Pixar Play and Electrical Parade are losing units after 1/4.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

RDCT is back?

Drat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast