• Disney aficionado

Trip Plan June 18th 2009

I decided to repost this threat, with a little more alluring title .. you can delete this one.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 12-30-2008 at 08:22 PM.

• Minion

Re: Trip Plan June 18th 2009

Very cool!!! Seems you have quite a scedule already!!! Hope you have a GREAT time and hope the crowds are real low for you!!!

• we jumped out a window

Yackerz, I have to hand it to you. I've been reading your posts about this trip for a few months now and there is planning ahead and then there's planning ahead taken to a whole new level! Your itinerary is very feasible and you should be able to get to everything you listed.

However, here are a few tidbits for your consideration - The walk from Matterhorn or Alice to Splash Mountain is quite a long one. If both of you are speedwalkers like I am, it would take you around 8-10 minutes assuming that there's not a lot of people traffic along the way and not too many strollers. If you're not a speed walker, your time and energy might be better spent sticking around Tomorrowland/Fantasyland or even going to get the FP for Indy

- Not all Fastpass lines are equal. Some of them, actually most of them I'd venture to say, merge with the standby lines at some point. Whenever the merge point is close to the loading area, you can expect a quicker entry but when it's not that close like on Indy or Soarin', you still might end up waiting 20, 25, even 30 minutes. Just something to consider if you're running low on time.

- Make sure you pass by the board with all the wait times in Disneyland a few times that day just to gauge where all the longer lines are. The wait board is to the left of the Hub, between the Adventureland entrance and the Refreshment Corner.
    Last edited by brand42; 12-30-2008 at 09:22 PM.

• we jumped out a window

sorry..troubles with the browser

• we jumped out a window

sorry..had troubles with the browser

• Disney aficionado

thanks brand .. haha see the problem with planning is sometimes I almost over plan. I may just end up spending $15 on ridemax and using that plan.

Originally I had splash mountain planned for later in the day and getting an Indy fastpass in place of the splash fastpass.

However, I figured if I get a fastpass for Splash 2nd instead of indy 2nd. Reasoning is because if we get wet on Splash, we'll have the whole day to dry.,, maybe I can still get splash in by the time we depart for DCA ...
    I'm just worried that if we get a fastpass for it 3rd as opposed to 2nd.. the return time will be too late, and I'll have to save it till when we get back from DCA....
    Then again I could just wait in the Queue for it if its not too long.. thanks for telling me about the board. I didn't even think about that

I think the board was lagging for awhile.. because I had no replies for a good bit !.. haha and then all of a sudden like 4 of them.

• we jumped out a window

It won't take the whole day to dry off from Splash Mountain! Probably 30 minutes at the most if it's an average temperature for that day.

Believe me, I always ride the front of the log for Splash Mountain. I've even ridden the front 5 times in a row (just after rope drop) and I dry off within 20 minutes.

• Disney aficionado

I think I'm going to try going for Splash mountain without a fast pass. After grabbing the Indy fastpass. Just since it is a long walk like you said, and to get a fastpass and return would be about 15 minutes in added walking to save 15-20 min in line I'm guessing. The fatigue from walking the extra distance might not make up for those minutes