View Poll Results: What land do you think is in the most need of help!!!???

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street U.S.A.

1 1.69%
  • Adventureland

2 3.39%
  • Frontierland

28 47.46%
  • Fantasyland

0 0%
  • Critter Country

7 11.86%
  • New Orleans Square

0 0%
  • Mickey's Toontown

21 35.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Land in need of the most help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Whoa, really?
    are you mocking my profusely bleeding head???

• Banned User

I voted for Mickey's Toontown. Everything else is relaly well done, but TT is really just......Blah. I would love to see TT close, and have them add to Fantasyland. Possibly a land themed to Tinkerbell? I know they just opened up Pixie Hollow. What about a backlot with ALL Pixar??? They could incorporate that rollercoaster themed to the Door chase in Monster's Inc, and add alot of the more exciting flat rides too! Maybe a robocoaster themed to Woody, and a giant topspin with a bug's life theme. The possibilities are endless!!!

• Vasooki-land Owner

So, basically migrate a bunch of DCA stuff to MTT? I dont think so.

I personally enjoy toontown, because the buildings are just wonderful to look at.

I think that Fronteirland needs major help. If you were trapped in one land, Fronteirland would be the most boring. Also, with the loss of McDonalds, is has even less in that area. It has a couple dining locations, and thats it. As much as I enjoy the ranch, rip it out, along with that nextdoor thingy, and put in a mindblowing attraction in there.

Mind you all this is far lower on the list than DCA's help.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Tomorrowland may lack a solid identity, but at least there is stuff to do there. And a fair bit at that. Autopia, Subs, Monorail, Buzz, Star Tours, Space Mt, Astro Orbiter. Frontierland has Big Thunder and that's it. Frontierland may not have lost it's identity, but it has lost it's legs, arms and torso, leaving a head rapidly bleeding out.
    Hmm, yeah, that is also a good point...

Tommorowland does have all those rides, but they don't match very well. They clash far too much. Whilst, Frontierland is a glorified walkway, yes, but at least it kind of fits, for it's size. It does not have the massive clashing of styles tommorowland has.

• Minion

I agree with vasooki! although I would put this attraction in the empty hunchback theater. Does anyone remember the path from CC to big thunder ranch? And the path from TT to the ranch too?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Whether this poll is "just for fun" or not, it seems rather pointless in my view to ask "what land needs the most improvement" when we are then told not to discuss the one land that clearly needs the most attention.

I agree with MF and the others above that Tomorrowland has gone from one of the favorite areas in the park (pre-1998) to an embarrassment today.

Critter (I still call it "Bear" Country) is a far, far, distant second.

Maybe if the poll question was worded "what land aside from TL needs the most help" it would've made more sense.

-- Barry

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Animation Domination

Big Thunder Ranch has some room for at least one new ride.
    Frontierland only has Big Thunder Mountain and the Shooting thing.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Actually, I'm going to say that Frontierland needs much more help than Tomorrowland. Though 2nd place is FAR AND ABOVE TL.

Frontierland is little more than a glorified walkway right now. It has one major attraction and 2 boats that rather loosely fit into the themes of 3 separate lands without really strongly belonging to any one of them, despite the loading dock being in Frontierland.

Tomorrowland may lack a solid identity, but at least there is stuff to do there. And a fair bit at that. Autopia, Subs, Monorail, Buzz, Star Tours, Space Mt, Astro Orbiter. Frontierland has Big Thunder and that's it. Frontierland may not have lost it's identity, but it has lost it's legs, arms and torso, leaving a head rapidly bleeding out.
    You make excellent points!

I still think Tomorrowland needs the most help, however.

And I say this for many reasons (see my initial post), but above all, I think it needs the most help for this one simple reason - IT'S UGLY!

At least Frontierland (and CC) are pretty "lands".

Tomorrowland - at least to me - has really no eye appeal at all. It's a concrete jungle for the most part with ugly additions, such as the almost never-working Observation Tower (I think it has a diff. name but I can't recall it at the moment) and the pointless Cosmic Waves.

At least Frontierland is complete in the sense of eye-candy - despite its short supply of it.

In a perfect world and where things can be done without the worry of costs, I would simultaneously work on both "lands" at the same time.

But since that doesn't seem to be the option at the moment, Tomorrowland needs the money to be pumped into it, at least in my opinion.

But I agree (sorry I'm going back and forth!), Frontierland is essentially a row of buildings and then ends at the Mark Twain Dock. It definitely needs something more (again see my initial post), but - at the CURRENT moment and time - I feel Tomorrowland is in the most need with Frontierland coming in a VERY CLOSE second.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Sorry that you don't agree with me. It is not that I "am sick" about hearing about changes to Tomorrowland, I just knew that Tomorrowland is the land that needs the most re-theming. This was just a poll for fun, not something extremely important. I agree with you 100% that Tomorrowland needs a refurb.!!!!! That is all!!!
    I said I never disagreed with you, I just truly don't get the point of having a discussion when the key player *cough* Tomorrowland *cough* within that discussion is "banned" from being discussed about.

Fun discussion, though!

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    are you mocking my profusely bleeding head???
    No, just curious to see if you have any pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
    They clash far too much.
    There is at least a loose theme of Space (with a few exceptions) and an even broader theme of "transportation" (which goes back to the original ideas of "a world on the move." These rides are almost all among the favorites of the park and/or almost always have good length waits for them. They are popular and continue to draw crowds in. It is not an "under-utilized" part of the park. Is this reason to ignore TL? No. Certainly not. TL most definitely needs some work, but there are plans in place and progressing on this area already. Many rumors abound about them and several people who have entered the inner sanctum itself have dropped veiled hints and carefully worded teasers. No such rumors exist for the old west.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
    I still think Tomorrowland needs the most help, however.

but above all, I think it needs the most help for this one simple reason - IT'S UGLY!
    I definitely agree with you that Tomorrowland is ugly. Though in reading the Imagineering Guide to Disneyland today (yay, just got it), they say that they did extensive studies of the products and technologies that survive through the years and the one common factor among them all is that they have an incredibly minimalist design involving the colors white, silver and blue. (Notice the Wii's colors?) So they redid TL to look this way after the failure of TL98. One hopes that in the further phases of TL's development, they will further unite the various, disparate parts under this umbrella.

There are indeed many problems with Tomorrowland, but the land isn't threatened with amputation from the map. Granted, BTMRR isn't going anywhere anytime soon, but given the recent thematic faux pas on the west side of late, does anyone really think it is too much of a stretch for them to consider BTMRR a part of TSI or NoS and just have done with Frontierland entirely? Unless something drastic is done (and I'm talking about adding a good, solid E-ticket and 2 or 3 C/D tickets), Frontierland will fade from memory. Thematically, it is one of the most gorgeous lands in the park, but I don't think that "looks" is a solid enough reason to base a decision to "work" on a land.

Granted, these are my opinions and anyone who knows me knows I'm VERY outspoken in favor of Frontierland. I definitely don't do as good a job as fo'c's'le swab does in defending it, but I'm right up there in loving it and wanting it to get the love it deserves and merits. Especially given it's long history and tradition.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

TL just feels broken while FL is just lacking things. TL is huge so it better offer much more than FL in terms of attractions, but its overall theme and aethetics to me have a bigger impact on the guest experience. FL doesn't have much in terms of attractions, but since there are many other good attractions relatively close by the lack of rides in FL doesn't really hurt the guest that much. It's certainly DL's best opportunity for expansion and should be dealt with in the near future but for me TL is the first priority.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Okay, I'll bite.

So, what do you guys think needs to be added to Frontierland to make it better?

Do you think Disney should take a Knott's type of approach?

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Yeah, they should add some more 'Wild West' rides. A gunfight, a horse race, etc. Maybe even some educational facts along the way?

And yeah, mycroft16, I am starting to get your overall idea. I agree now, but really, they BOTH need work. I say its a tie.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
    I said I never disagreed with you, I just truly don't get the point of having a discussion when the key player *cough* Tomorrowland *cough* within that discussion is "banned" from being discussed about.

Fun discussion, though!
    Great point.

Who's the best golfer?? But you can't vote for Tiger Woods.

I voted for Toontown. It was mentioned earlier that is great to look at and I agree. But Main Street is great to look too but both Main Street and Toontown have little attractions. With Main Street that's totally understandable, Toontown needs more - and better.

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Hmm...

Okay, here's an idea...
    I am going to list the parks, in my opinions, and then re-decide which one needs the most help. Maybe this will help others, too? Pros minus cons equals threat level. Lower stability level is worse.

Summary For TL;DR Readers
    Stability
    TL: *
    FroL: NONE
    FanL:
    AL:
    NOS:
    CC:
    MTT:

Tomorrow-Land
    Stability Level: *
    Pros:
    It has many rides.
    All the rides are popular.
    It is interesting.
    It draws in many people.
    Overall, same basic theme (Space.)
    Cons:
    It has clashing styles, not themes.
    Not as much Tomorrow, as Space.
    Awkward placement.
    Unstable rides: They go out of style.

Frontier-Land
    Help Level:
    Pros:
    Is nice to look at.
    Small, so clashing is not an issue.
    Has a very popular ride.
    Has many diners.
    Cons:
    Only one popular ride.
    Too small.
    Not exactly 'Wild West'.
    Unstable rides.
    Not interesting.

Fantasy-Land
    Stability Level: ******
    Pros:
    MANY popular rides.
    Great theme.
    Good to look at.
    Interesting.
    Many characters.
    Always mainstream.
    Always updated.
    Stable rides: they won't go out of style.
    Cons:
    XXX

Adventure-Land
    Stability Level: ******
    Pros:
    Stable rides.
    Decent amount of rides.
    Consistent theme.
    Popular rides.
    Interesting.
    Good to look at.
    Cons:
    XXX

New Orleans Square
    Stability Level: *****
    Pros:
    Extremely popular rides.
    Stable rides.
    Mainstream.
    Interesting.
    Consistent theme.
    Good to look at.
    Cons:
    A bit small.

Critter Country
    Stability Level: *
    Pros:
    Stable rides.
    Popular rides.
    Interesting.
    Lush scenery.
    Cons:
    Not many rides.
    Inconsistent theming.
    Far to the left of Disneyland.

Mickey's Toontown
    Stablity Level: ***
    Pros:
    Extremely popular.
    Wonderful appearance.
    Interesting to people.
    Stable rides (mostly for smaller kids.)
    Popular rides (mostly for smaller kids.)
    Cons:
    Mostly for smaller kids.
    Only one real adult ride.
    Last edited by Inanimate; 12-31-2008 at 04:42 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast