View Poll Results: What land do you think is in the most need of help!!!???

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Main Street U.S.A.

1 1.69%
  • Adventureland

2 3.39%
  • Frontierland

28 47.46%
  • Fantasyland

0 0%
  • Critter Country

7 11.86%
  • New Orleans Square

0 0%
  • Mickey's Toontown

21 35.59%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Land in need of the most help!!!

What land do you think is in need of the most help. Notice I did not put Tomorrowland on the poll!!!!! So vote and then post your ideas for what you would do to that specific land!!!!! REMEMBER........ NO TOMORROWLAND IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by disneylandfan95; 12-30-2008 at 09:26 PM.

• Squealing Fangirl

Re: Land in need of the most help!!!

I'd say Toontown, just because there doesn't seem to be a lot to do there. Maybe because I don't stay too long, I tend to spend most of my time in NOS, but usually I only go to Toontown for Roger Rabbit. :/

• Addicted to MC since '08

Based off the choices you gave me, I'd go with Toontown. It needs to be refreshed with a few new attractions (specifically the Jolly Trolley).

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Well just because you are sick of hearing about other peoples' ideas on what can be done to make Tomorrowland better, it doesn't mean you can just brush this particular "land's" problems under the rug and ignore its existence -- especially when doing a poll.

With that said, I find it rather hard to choose any of the other options. True, there are "lands" inside Disneyland that need help, but, at the current moment, no other "land" is screaming for a large makeover other than Tomorrowland.

Point is, Tomorrowland is the only "land" in Disneyland that is in dire need of help at the moment: empty tracks line the skies while the new nearby Monorails continue to break down, Innoventions and HISTA are a total waste of space, Star Tours is in need of a much-welcomed update, BLAB could be redone (I said could), the new FN:SV needs, dare I say, a whole new theme, and just general areas of the "land" need fixing -- such as the possible removal of Astro Orbitor from its awkward location.

So, in my mind, Tomorrowland - despite you wanting to hear it or not - is the number one land that needs the most attention at the present.

But . . .

If I have to include another "land" beside Tomorrowland, I'd probably choose Frontierland.

To me, Frontierland has always lacked something. I just wish they could add another attraction or something to it. Make it feel more like an Old West Town. (Knott's does a really great one at their nearby park.)

I want to see a Blacksmith, and other fun, UNIQUE stores. Perhaps a new strip of buildings could be added near the RoA. It just lacks.

But only after Tomorrowland!

I can handle Frontierland the way it is until then.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• BATTLE COMBINER!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
    Well just because you are sick of hearing about other peoples' ideas on what can be done to make Tomorrowland better, it doesn't mean you can just brush this particular "land's" problems under the rug and ignore its existence -- especially when doing a poll.

With that said, I find it rather hard to choose any of the other options. True, there are "lands" inside Disneyland that need help, but, at the current moment, no other "land" is screaming for a large makeover other than Tomorrowland.

Point is, Tomorrowland is the only "land" in Disneyland that is in dire need of help at the moment: empty tracks line the skies while the new nearby Monorails continue to break down, Innoventions and HISTA are a total waste of space, Star Tours is in need of a much-welcomed update, BLAB could be redone (I said could), the new FN:SV needs, dare I say, a whole new theme, and just general areas of the "land" need fixing -- such as the possible removal of Astro Orbitor from its awkward location.

So, in my mind, Tomorrowland - despite you wanting to hear it or not - is the number one land that needs the most attention at the present.

But . . .

If I have to include another "land" beside Tomorrowland, I'd probably choose Frontierland.

To me, Frontierland has always lacked something. I just wish they could add another attraction or something to it. Make it feel more like an Old West Town. (Knott's does a really great one at their nearby park.)

I want to see a Blacksmith, and other fun, UNIQUE stores. Perhaps a new strip of buildings could be added near the RoA. It just lacks.

I completely agree with your post. Every single little point.

Go you!

• Senior Minion

I agree too, well said MF.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Well it's a tossup between Frontierland and critter country. Frontierland doesn't fully realize the western fantasy while Critter seems the most convoluted in terms of theme. Frontierland has the word Frontier in it however the area seems relatively subdued save for BTMRR. I suggest expanding that area to give the guesst a true "wild weast" experiance, the opertive word being Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I agree too, well said MF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inanimate View Post
    I completely agree with your post. Every single little point.

Go you!
    Aw, thanks!

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    Well it's a tossup between Frontierland and critter country. Frontierland doesn't fully realize the western fantasy while Critter seems the most convoluted in terms of theme.
    Critter Country would have been my 3rd choice - after Tomorrowland (1st) and then after Frontierland (2nd) - in terms of what "land" needs the most help.

Critter Country also lacks in several aspects. It also has the unpleasant duty of being the end stop of the West side of the park -- which kind of dampers my mindset.

I think the thing that is the saving grace of CC is the beautiful landscaping. It's not harsh or ugly like Tomorrowland is -- it's woodsy and cozy and calm. It's a charming little land, at least in my opinion.

And you know what they say: theme outdoes attractions (for the most part). But CC could definitely benefit by having a new attraction placed within its borders. An update of Pooh to that of the Tokyo style is in order (or just remove it completely and place it in Fantasyland). For some odd reason, however, I kind of like Pooh in CC -- he just sort of fits for me, but I know his true proper place is in Fantasyland.

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• Minion

I think the thing that is the saving grace of CC is the beautiful landscaping. It's not harsh or ugly like Tomorrowland is -- it's woodsy and cozy and calm. It's a charming little land, at least in my opinion.
    I agree, it's lush landscaping makes it a kind sweet dead end. As far a theme, perhaps CC could a spot for the displaced and obscure disney woodland characters.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I voted for toontown, I've never been a fan and I don't think there is anything worth while to do there.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Minion

But . . .

Sorry that you don't agree with me. It is not that I "am sick" about hearing about changes to Tomorrowland, I just knew that Tomorrowland is the land that needs the most re-theming. This was just a poll for fun, not something extremely important. I agree with you 100% that Tomorrowland needs a refurb.!!!!! That is all!!!

• I'm not really here

Actually, I'm going to say that Frontierland needs much more help than Tomorrowland. Though 2nd place is FAR AND ABOVE TL.

Frontierland is little more than a glorified walkway right now. It has one major attraction and 2 boats that rather loosely fit into the themes of 3 separate lands without really strongly belonging to any one of them, despite the loading dock being in Frontierland.

Tomorrowland may lack a solid identity, but at least there is stuff to do there. And a fair bit at that. Autopia, Subs, Monorail, Buzz, Star Tours, Space Mt, Astro Orbiter. Frontierland has Big Thunder and that's it. Frontierland may not have lost it's identity, but it has lost it's legs, arms and torso, leaving a head rapidly bleeding out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Frontierland may not have lost it's identity, but it has lost it's legs, arms and torso, leaving a head rapidly bleeding out.
    Story of my life

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    Story of my life
    Whoa, really?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast