Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Is this a good plan?

June 18, 2009 will be the day that I'll get to spend my honeymoon in Disneyland park. I wish I could spend more than one day here, but there is so much else to see in CA. Already have our plane tickets and hotel booked. Unfortunately, the park will close at 9:00 because of agrad nite that night. Anyhow, we are going to try to do as many of the Big thrill rides and some classic Disney rides that we like from both Disneyland and DCA.

**Note I did not include certain rides such as Haunted Mansion or Grizzy River Run for a reason, please don't suggest to add other rides to my listing. All the attractions listed are the ones we want to ride. I'm just seeking your advice in the doability of the list and anyways to better order or maximize time in the park**

***Disneyland park*** Arrive at rope drop 8:00 AM
    1 - Get Fast Pass for space mountain
    2 - Peter Pan's Flight
    3 - matterhorn bobsleds
    (or Get fast pass for Splash mountain, if time is up on space fastpass then ride space)
    4. Ride Alice in Wonderland
    (or Get fast pass for Splash mountain, if time is up on space fastpass then ride space)
    5. Ride space mountain, be sure to complete the following if not done already:
    Peter Pan, Matterhorn, Alice

6. Ride POTC
    (or if time is up on splash fastpass, get fastpass for Indy and head to splash)
    7. Ride BTMR
    (or if time is up on splash fastpass, get fastpass for Indy and head to splash)
    8. Ride splash mountain, be sure to complete the following if not done already:
    POTC, BTMR
    9. Ride Indy if time is up on its fastpass, otherwise head to DCA, ride Indy later.
    *****Go to DCA******
    10. Get Fastpass Soarin over California
    11. Eat at Corn Dog Castle lunch
    12. Ride Toy Story Mania!
    13. Ride Mulholamad Madness (or get fastpass if time is up for soarin')

14. Ride Screamin' (or get fastpass if time is up for soarin' and have ridden Mul. Madness)
    15. Ride TOT if line
    16. Ride Soarin' using fastpass
    17. Ride any remaining rides using the fastpass for Mul. Madness or Screaming
    ***** Head back to Disneyland *****
    18. Ride Indy if not done yet, main street shopping, if time tour of Sleeping beauty's castle
    19. Blue Bayou dinner reservations at 7:00
    20 - Tour of Sleeping beauty's castle if not done already
    21 - Buzz Astro Blasters, Star tours, or Jungle Cruise or more main street shopping if time. (no big deal if we can't get to these other rides listed here)
    **** Get kicked out of the park at 9:00

• Senior Minion

Re: Is this a good plan?

Yeah, that sounds pretty good I think. My only suggestions, you can hold onto your fastpasses longer, they don't really expire, so try and get more FPs early by getting to the next FP location immediately once your ride time for your first FP comes up. It's sometimes possible to get three FPs very early in DL if you do this and then you can save them for later in the day when those lines are long. I would squeeze in PP as you say but might forgo Matterhorn until later in the day and I wouldn't walk all the way back to SM to ride it when your FP comes up, but save that FL for later.

As for DCA I'd also not bother to get an FP for MM as the line almost never requires it. Maybe get one for Screamin' if your Soarin' time comes up after you eat lunch and you'll be able to get right on after your ride on TSMM. Anyway, like I said your plan is very good so you could stick with it, these are just some little suggestions I've picked up on.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Disney aficionado

thanks that sounds great .. I'm almost 100% positive to get the space mountain fastpass first. However, for Indy and Splash, I'm uncertain which will be best to get 2nd
    Last edited by Yackerz; 12-30-2008 at 09:12 PM.

Indy. Congratulations and have a happy wedding!

Thats a good plan. I'd tweek it a little bit though. Here are some of my personal revisions, take em however you'd like.

1. Ride Space.
    2. Peter Pan
    3. Matterhorn
    4. Alice
    5. BTMRR (By way of the back trail.)
    6. Get Indy FP
    7. Ride Splash
    8. Ride Pirates
    9. Ride Indy if time slot allows
    This should put you around 11:30

Head to DCA:
    1. Get Soarin FP
    2. RIDE ToT
    3. Eat Corn D.
    4. Toy Story
    5. M. Madness
    6. Ride Screamin (single line ride it if you have too...Honymoon or not, it still saves time)
    7. End with Soarin and it puts you back at the front of the park.

You could finish this leg up by about 5ish. On a good day. There will be construction and such, so hopefully that drives the 'crowds' away.

Back at Disneyland:

1. Tour the castle
    2. Jungle Cruise
    3. Dinner Reservations
    4. BLAB FP
    5. Ride Star Tours
    6. Ride Buzz
    7. Squeeze your favorite of the day in one more time.

I'm a get in and get out type of person. I would limit the amount of needless walking as much as possible.
    Space is a short wait first thing. Only get a FP if you want to go on a second time a little later.
    Peter Pan has a lower capacity than Matterhorn. Ride that first and shave off 10 or so minutes.
    Cut around the trail from Fantasyland to Frontierland for BTMRR and you should have a minimal wait. 20 minutes or so.
    Splash most likely won't have a line yet, and pirates moves quickly, so the extra time it takes to get the Indy fast passes will be worth it. Don't ride pirates prior to splash, seeing how Pirates is LONG, and Splash's line could fill up unexpectently while riding Potc, and pirate's line moves moves moves anyway.

There are ways to maximize time to it's fullest potential. But remember to relax at the same time.....I mean c'mon...It's your honey moon.

Busy day- good luck! I'm sure you will have a great time. And congratulations!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Disney aficionado

so there is a divergence of thought between dizzneeeland and uncle bob...
    uncle bob: collect fastpasses as fast as you can
    dizzneeland's ideas: less fast passes, but more direct route and strategic ordering of rides.

I like dizznee's list.. only I might want to still grab the space mountain fastpass instead of riding it right away.. just because I suspect hordes of people would be initially flocking to it, and I need to cut down time to get to Peter Pan before a line forms.
    Also I might want to put off BTMRR until after splash. Just to get splash done sooner before a big line may form, and get a potentially earlier time on Indy Fastpass, so I don't have to worry about getting to it later in the day. If we ride splash early in the day, and the line isn't a mile long, the FP for it seems pointless.

If you really think the back path to BTMRR right after alice saves significent amount of time I'll stick with that. I'm just worried splash line may start to get long, the longer I wait.

I'm also thinking about cutting TOT all together. I been on it in WDW, and my fiance really dont think it will be anything impressive. I thought it was ok in WDW. I don't think my fiancee would do the Screamin' single line idea. I wouldn't mind, but she would. We'll just have to suffer through the long line of it. There really is no way around it.

• Senior Minion

I actually agree with much of what Diz suggests. I think that it's smart to get to PP if it's a must see for you early though, and not necessarily do Space in the morning. I just like to have a couple more DL FP's in hand before I head over to DCA when I'm trying to do both parks in one day. That way you can do more and avoid any really bad lines.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Disney aficionado

Thanks Bob. I think Space will be one of my favorite rides. (As I road Space in WDW, and loved it!)

I like to wait to ride it rather than ride it first! Let rides like Splash and BTMRR get me warmed up for something like space... what do you feel about after alice going on the back path... (which I'm not actually sure where its at !) to BTMRR?

• Senior Minion

Alice is right near Matterhorn. I'm honestly not sure when would be the best time to ride, but it's a decent treck to go over to BTMM and then come back there.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Oh, I think I missunderstood, I think you meant heading over there and using the back path to BTMR after doing Alice. Sure that's fine if you're going to be heading on in that direction.
    -Walt Disney

• formerly PretzelSouls!

While you are over getting your fast pass for Space Mountain, I would try and get a ride on it in the morning - there usually isn't a huge line.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Disney aficionado

ya you got it right on the 2nd time. What is a shorter walk to Indy.. Alice to Indy or BTMR to Indy or is it a toss up?.
    I'm just debating whether to do BTMRR before or after Picking up INDY FP/Riding Splash/Riding POTC
    pretzel: well if its a walk on.. it would be tough to pass up for certain... but if it looks like a 10 min line or so, I can't afford to doddle too much .
    I've heard time and time again from different people, get a fastpass for one of the big attractions (indy or space) and make a dash for Peter Pan. Don't ride space despite how tempting it may be! haha.

It'd be very easy to scratch Space at the beginning. Just grab a FP for it before heading to DCA. Then, you can save it for your last ride or what have you. It would actually make sense....If...you plan on saving Buzz/Star Tours for later anyway.

I whole heartedly back up hitting Peter Pan, then Alice, then Matterhorn. From there, since you'd be back in the hub anyway, you wouldn't have to use the back route to BTMRR. Just make sure you get your Indy pass quickly. You should be able to get an Indy FP within an hour of the park opening if you ride the three rides listed above first. Splash has a good couple hours before the line starts to fill up. But it is inconveniently located, so why walk around collecting FP's when you could be walking into the line and ride the ride...Seriously, think about how much time you'd waste if you went from Indy, to Splash, back to indy, then back to splash. FP's are great if you know how to use them and take advantage of the system(Not @$$holish taking advatange, just full potential taking advantage) in place, but don't depend on them to save time.

EDIT: I wasn't clear enough for my own good....

After the first three, get a Indy FP, Ride Splash, Ride pirates or BTMRR(6 to one half dozen to another as far as distance from splash), then hit Indy. You'll have effectivly banged out the entire west section of the park, with your exceptions, within 2 hrs. By that point, you'll be able to some what accuratly judge how busy it's looking for thw rest of the day.

• Defying gravity

I would skip DCA. DL is much more romantic, imo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast