Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

Re: Because Disney Dropped Narnia...

I thought the Narnia series was actually good, and was looking forward to the next installment. In my own opinion I thought what Disney is at fault for their "poor sales" for the franchise in their mind. The movie opened in the middle of May at the start of the summer blockbuster season. Personally I thought this movie could have been released in the fall or winter with a better result in sales. When the movie had to go up against Iron Man, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and the best movie of them all The Dark Knight, it wasn't going to perform as well. I know there were other factors that this decision was based off of but if they were to just go off of sales alone well there ya go.

But as far as making it an attraction in DCA I would have passed. I did the Narnia walkthrough in Disney World this last summer and didn't find it to be all that great. So it would have been fine to keep the franchise just not do anything in the park about it.

• Closed Account

Just because no one has said it yet, I want to put out there that as a cast member I am sad Disney dropped Narnia like it was hot.
    Why?
    Because Prince Caspian was some excellent eye candy, and I will miss his pretty face pre-parading down Main Street every day on that valiant steed of a draft horse.
    Insert swoon here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    So what you are saying is any movie fits well in the Hollywood backlot?
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Also of note, apparently they already closed the doors on the Narnia walkthrough in Florida and I think pretty much the day after the decision was made public, Disneyland dropped the Narnia pre-parade once again.
    Good! The Bolt pre-parade is so much better! Do they now run that in front of the 3:30 parade as well?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I actually liked the series and I own it on DVD now, to bad for the third movie... hopefully Fox or someone picks it up to at least finish the Trilogy.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

So what you are saying is any movie fits well in the Hollywood backlot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
    Then I'm all for naming the whole park Disney's Hollywood Studios so that there will be no theming issues as long as it's based on any movie.

got it on DVD its very cool
    Love Picsou

• Dave

Blog Entries

Wouldn'y Narnia fit better in fantasyland?
    Dave

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Wouldn'y Narnia fit better in fantasyland?
    Narnia is a slumping franchise that would fit better in Universal Studios. Keep it away from every Disney Land, that includes DCA.

• The Dudester

What strikes me as odd is that any Narnia movie is just about guaranteed to make at least as much, if not much more, than any non-Pixar Disney release. I have feeling, as mentioned before, that is has to do with more than money.

• Banned User

Oh snap. Too bad they did drop it. I hope Walden finds a new partner soon though. Looks like Fox may be it..

I'm not disappointed though, I don't know if I really liked the idea of Narnia being in a theme park anyways and I don't know if they will find another partner that would make that possible.

Money was not the only reason; as you saw from the numbers provided, the Movies Did make Disney lots of money. Like it or not, it did well for them.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    But Hollywood is the place where the movies are. It's the embodiment of that movie feeling. Which is why I'm certain anything movie related would fit in, just like over at DHS in Florida.
    You've just described the basic reason for the existence of Universal Studios Hollywood as a theme park. Their best slogan ever still remains, "Ride The Movies".

The bolded quote above is so vast and just hilarious. Do you really envision an attraction based on Disney's 'The Pacifier' or 'Meet The Deedles'?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Dave

Blog Entries

over thanksgiving I didn't see any reference to it in the future of DCA building.
    Dave

• Banned User

Then I'm all for naming the whole park Disney's Hollywood Studios so that there will be no theming issues as long as it's based on any movie.
    Well that name wouldn't make sense to any of the other sections in the park. Hollywood fits into the theme because it's in California. It's a big part of California's history & culture, as well as the Disney Company's.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Do you really envision an attraction based on Disney's 'The Pacifier' or 'Meet The Deedles'?
    Well of course not those movies. But if a movie is successful, good, & able to make money for the company, then yes, it would fit.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    over thanksgiving I didn't see any reference to it in the future of DCA building.
    It was just a rumor for the HPB section. You wouldn't of seen any reference to it anyway because a majority of the Blue Sky Cellar's focus right now is on Paradise Pier. If this rumor was true you'd of seen the Narnia Show info pop up when the exhibit changed to reflect the future of HPB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast