Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Single Rider Lines?

I'm going to be going to the park alone often now that I have my pass and am wondering about this single rider line that I've read of.

I've never noticed this kind of line before during my prior visits so i'm kind of puzzled.

A thorough explanation would be appreciated, including how and where to access these lines.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Single Rider Lines?

Only certain rides have single rider, such as Indy, Splash, Toy Story, and Screaming. For some you need to go talk to a CM and get a ticket but for others you'll see a sign near the exit of the ride.

• Queen of Randomness

I've used the single rider line for Splash Mountain. Last time I was there you would go to the CM that's stationed where the line goes inside. I would sometimes get a single rider pass and sometimes they would just say to go to through the exit. When you go through the exit, you're have to go over the bridge and wait next to the regular. Then they call you up whenever they have a spot to fill.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Simply look at the park map to see which attractions have a single rider line then go to the attactions entrance and ask a cast member for a single rider pass and they will give you one and tell you what to do ;]

• aka the scorpion eater!

also keep in mind that sometimes it might not equal a shorter wait... my sister and I found this out the hard way on our last trip for Soarin Over California... The wait time was 35 minutes and my sister insisted on doing Single Rider... well we waited through about 5 to 6 cycles of the film before they took our single rider passes and let us board... in a way I think they might have made us wait the equivalent of the stand by by queue... but yeah... also if there is other single riders in front the wait may not be as short as you think.... but oftentimes it does work out well... the only thing is that if you are in a party they will make you split up!

• The Pirate Girl

For Splash, go in through the exit and they'll take you over the bridge.
    For Indy, you'll see the person working at the desk-thing and they'll give you a Single Rider ticket, then you'll go through the exit.

Those are the only two I really use.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• I'm wishing

Sometimes it's really enjoyable to go alone. I seem to do it on Sunday mornings once in a while. I usually try to do a nice walk all around both parks and while I'm in CA I get the bonus of several fun single rider lines...Midway Mania, Mulholland Madness, California Screamin', and Soarin' Over California!

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    also keep in mind that sometimes it might not equal a shorter wait... my sister and I found this out the hard way on our last trip for Soarin Over California... The wait time was 35 minutes and my sister insisted on doing Single Rider... well we waited through about 5 to 6 cycles of the film before they took our single rider passes and let us board... in a way I think they might have made us wait the equivalent of the stand by by queue... but yeah... also if there is other single riders in front the wait may not be as short as you think.... but oftentimes it does work out well... the only thing is that if you are in a party they will make you split up!
    I'll second this. Soarin's ride system doesn't allow a lot of single riders to move through the ride quickly, so I would advise not using it unless absolutely necessary. And "absolutely necessary" means 90 minute standby with no more Fastpasses for the day.

As for any other ride, you'll likely get on relatively quickly, particularly Screamin'.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalSkye View Post
    For Splash, go in through the exit and they'll take you over the bridge.
    For Indy, you'll see the person working at the desk-thing and they'll give you a Single Rider ticket, then you'll go through the exit.

Those are the only two I really use.
    Why do they need to issue you a ticket? Seems strange in a one entry fee all attractions free park.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    Why do they need to issue you a ticket? Seems strange in a one entry fee all attractions free park.
    It's not really a "ticket", it's the standard Single Rider Pass that other rides that have that option give you. I think it's mainly to keep track of who is a single rider and who isn't since you go into the same loading area and etc.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 01-01-2009 at 04:24 AM.

I go to the parks alone quite a bit and every time I do I take advantage of single rider lines whenever I can. I'll give you a complete breakdown for each attraction that has it. Unfortunately it is just a few of them, I honestly wish there were a few more.

Disneyland:

Indy: At the entrance to the queue, ask a CM for a single rider pass. Any one of the CMs that are clustered near the spot that they check for FPs can give you one. On extremely busy days when the line pushes out into AL, just go to the left toward the exit and get somone's attention.

Once you have your pass, you will proceed through the exit until you get the the rotunda. There you will see another CM who is stationed there primarily to help guests in wheelchairs and ECVs. They will check your pass and help you cross the regular line where you will proceed directly to the movie room. They will make you stand there at least to see the part of the movie that talks about the storage pouches and the seatbelts.

From there, you will join the regular line and go up the ramp. After the switchback right before the stairs, there is a gate on the left primarily for wheelchairs. Again, you will flag down a CM who will check your pass and open the gate for you. You will then take the elevator up and another elevator down to get you over the track. When you exit the second elevator, you will be directly on the load platform. Just stand in front of the elevator doors and hold your pass so it is visible to a CM. As soon as they can, they will put you in a line to get on a jeep. I have never really waited more than about 2 or 3 jeeps to depart before I am on one.

Splash: I have never gotten or needed a pass for this attraction, you can simply proceed through the exit to the unload platform. Go right by all of the wheelchair and ECV guests waiting in line there and go all the way to the platform. Once there, just inform one of the CMs that you are a single rider, they will then unhook a rope that will allow you to go over a little bridge and you will end up to the left of the regular lines on the load platform right in front of the CM that asks the people in the regular line how many are in their party. As soon as they can, they will get you in line to board a log. Depending on how many other guests are in the single rider line, you may wait anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes to board.

Once you get the hang of it, you can usually just let the CM know you are a single rider and unhook the rope yourself. It is off to the side and if they sense you know the process, they will leave you to it.

DCA:

Soarin': Ask the CM checking for FPs for a pass. You will then go through the FP line and right before the split the CM will direct you which line to go to. They will send you to either the right or left, into a queue next to the rest of the line.

As someone else mantioned, for whatever reason, this is one place where the SR line tends to take longer than the regular line. It may be due to the configuration of the seating, or the fact that where you stop as a single rider is pretty far from where you wait to get on the attraction which makes it more difficult for them to figure out where there is a single empty seat.

For Soarin' I typically get a FP if the line is really long, or just get into standby if its not.

Grizzly River Run: At the entrance to the attraction, where they check the height of little kids at the spot where both the stand by and FP lines begin, ask a CM for a pass. You will then go through the exit to the bottom of the exit stairs on the load platform. A CM will direct you into a raft.

On hot busy days, there are usually a number of people in the SR line, but pretty much every other raft they will be able to get a single rider on. Depending, I have waited anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes to get on.

On hot days, GRR is the first place I typically go. I usially ride it 2-4 times in a row until I am sufficiently wet and have the rest of the day to dry off.

Screamin': At the entrance to the stand by queue, ask a CM for a pass. They will then direct you back up the boardwalk to the the left of the queue. you will then go through a little exit gate just opposite the launch area of Screamin'. You will then wait in a special queue for SRs.

Occationally, they will load you directly onto a train from there, but mostly they will eventually direct a group of SRs to take the elevators up and over the tracks onto the load platform at the bottom of the stairs.

Like Indy, just wait with your pass visible and they will put you in a line for a train. This is one attraction that a ton of people seem to know about SR and I have waited anywhere from 5-15 minutes to be directed to the elevators and another 5-15 minutes to board a train.

TSMM: Just to the left of the stand by line where it goes into the building, you will see a little sign for SR. The first time, I recommend you ask the CM at the entrance exactly where it is. It is a bit confusing unless you already know.

This is another attraction that a bunch of folks use the SR line and the configuration of the seats is not conducive to SRs. Typically, every other ride cycle will get one SR on. I have waited over 30 minutes to SR this attraction and depending on how many others are in the SR line, you may actually wait longer than the regular line.

I have also noticed that on really busy days, they have not opened the SR line at all, and/or they will close the SR line when it gets too long. I think the biggest problem here is that the SR line is very visible and it is very easy for folks who don't typically know Disney has SR to get in this line. It is not unusual for groups of 4 to 6 to get into the SR line for this attraction. They will be split up to load, but it definitely adds to more folks using this option.

General: Keep in mind that the purpose of the SR line is to fill in the empty seats on an attraction to maximize load capacity and not to give priority to single riders. As such, you should approach SR as a priveledge and not an entitlement. Under all circumstances be respectful and patient with all of the CMs you encounter during the SR process, especially those on the load platforms filling the cars. Their job first and foremost is to get those guests in the FP and stand by lines through as quickly as possible, helping single riders is secondary.

I say this because on very busy days you may get the impression that they are ignoring you, when in reality they are stressed out and harried just trying to keep up with the regular lines.

The last tip I have is to pay attension when you get to the load platform and keep an eye on all the CMs involved with the load process. It is not uncommon for a CM way down the platform to yell out "Single Rider" as they notice an empty spot. If you are not paying attention, you will miss out.

Oh yeah, Have Fun! Personally, I enjoy going to the parks on my own. It is one of the few times I can be completely selfish and don't have to worry about what anyone else wants to do. I can wait as long as I want to get the best seats for the fireworks or the shows and can do all of the A-D attractions that often times a group of people won't wait for. I strike up conversations with complete strangers and joke around with little kids, or sometimes just find a nice quiet spot and just watch the world go by.

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Thanks for the great tips, I'm probably going to be a single rider all weekend and this helps a lot

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

You forgot that both Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness both have special Single Rider Queues. As with most DCA Single Rider options, they are not always offered on slow days.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    You forgot that both Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness both have special Single Rider Queues. As with most DCA Single Rider options, they are not always offered on slow days.
    I never knew there was one for Maliboomer. I've never seen the line more than about 5 minutes for that. I forgot about Mulholland though. I hardly ever ride that. Even with single rider it's mostly not worth the wait.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

Yes... Maliboomer does have single rider; however most of the time due to the "extreme" nature of the ride [and I use the term "Extreme" loosely since it is a Disney attraction... its very tame and gentle for an S&S Space Shot tower since other S&S tower attractions I have been on are a lot more extreme than maliboomer].

I have noticed you could usually get on the maliboomer really quickly since its a good chance that someone in your group might chicken out... and because of the nature of the attraction and largest height requirement at the resort I have never even encountered a long wait for it... actually never encountered anything longer than 30 minutes even on the busy days... and it always happens whenever we go to DCA that someone in our group always has to chicken out and opts to sit on the benches near the attraction to watch us go on... dont know why they chicken out if they do Tower of Terror with us [which I find more extreme for the freefall aspect as compared to Maliboomers free floating sensation drop] but yeah we have never needed to do single rider due to the typically short wait times anyways! But Single rider is available if there is a long line for it!

Now on Mulholland Madness... Single rider is really the way to go... being a small wild mouse coaster, capacity does run kinda slow and I have seen the wait creep up to 45 minutes and to even 60 one time we were at DCA on a busy day and for an off the shelf ride like Mulholland Madness [totally not worth the wait... now if it was half dark ride like crush's coaster then yeah totally would be worth it]... I think most of the long waits on it are due to the amount of Fastpasses given and the constant amount of people doing Fastpass for it and getting in the merge point... but yeah... good idea is to try single rider for this one... even if you have a tiny group like nothing too large... I have found this one moves pretty fast.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast