What's your approach?

The reason most of us go to Disneyland, talk about Disneyland, listen to music from Disneyland and so forth is because it makes us happy, right? Yet, I've noticed a key difference in the way some people on the boards talk about what they would like to see Disneyland do differently, changes they'd like to see made and so forth. It seems to me there are two general types:

A) There are the types who say, "It would be really cool if they would ____." Or, "I wish they would change ____." "It would be better if ____."

B) There are the types who say, "It makes me so mad that they don't ____." "I am so disgusted that they changed ____." "They need to do ____ and they need to do it now!"

I've also noticed that frequently if an A type person wonders aloud to a B type person, "Why are you so upset about this? You're making too big a deal about it" that the B type explains that they are doing it because they are so passionate about the park.

So what do you think? Is the B type more passionate, do they really love the park more than the A types, who seem to be just happy to accept things in the park for what they are? Or are they losing the spirit of Disneyland in their frequent frustrations?

I personally haven't completely made my mind up on this subject, I'm looking for some insight and input.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• Best Buds

Re: What's your approach?

Interesting.

I'd consider myself a bit of both A and B. However, I think the difference here is probably due more to personality types than passion about Disneyland. Some people are more able to express their frustrations/desires in a "Why in the world don't they _____?" manner than a "It would be great if they ______." fashion.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Re: What's your approach?

Quote Originally Posted by Lampwick
    B) There are the types who say, "It makes me so mad that they don't ____." "I am so disgusted that they changed ____." "They need to do ____ and they need to do it now!"...

...I personally haven't completely made my mind up on this subject, I'm looking for some insight and input.
    I don't think there is a right or wrong answer for this one. Count me as one of the "B" type personalities. Without question, I love Disneyland. I am also one of the first to complain out loud when something goes wrong or when I feel they should change something.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsBunny
    However, I think the difference here is probably due more to personality types than passion about Disneyland
    I agree with BugsBunny. This is more my personality than anything to do with my passion for Disney. My personal thought process is to recognize where something is going wrong and bring about change to fix it. I have had numerous disagreements with others (even on these boards) who feel that giving praise or putting a positive spin on everything is the way to go. This does not seem to work for me personally, however, it is far from being "wrong" for anyone to do it they way they see fit.

In the end, I think both groups have an obvious "passion" for Disneyland as both groups are going out of their way to discuss the park and what is important to them. Passion is expressed by the fact that we are talking about Disneyland, not necessarily how we do the talking.