Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Sweetheart Dinner for Two?

With the whole "What Will You Celebrate?" promotion going on, there's something new being introduced called the Sweetheart Dinner for Two.

From http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...RTrueLovePage:

Sweetheart Dinner for Two
    Sweetheart Dinners are the ideal way to put the thrill and happy sentiment into any special occasion. A meticulously prepared three-course Prix Fixe meal begins with a shared appetizer, continues with a signature entrée, and finishes with a decadent celebratory dessert, served with flair. A souvenir toasting glass is yours to keep in commemoration of the moment.

Available at select table service restaurants throughout the resort beginning January 2009; booking available 60 days prior.
    Call: (714) 781-3463
    That's all the website says. I'm now very curious.

Does anyone have any more information on this offering? Is it really just "a" toasting glass that you get, and not two? Pricing? What's on the menu?

Re: Sweetheart Dinner for Two?

A quick google search shows a Prixe Fine Tasting Menu (Don't know how many courses) for 2 for $150 at the BB, worth it?

I think not unless it includes a wine flight and some really amazing dishes...AND guaranteed waterside seating...

• Sock Puppet

The menu would probably be determined by the restaurant that you are eating at.

As far as packages go, I've never been a fan. I'd rather make my own "package" by ordering what we like, when we like it, and where, and then go from there.

I hope it is a successful promotion though, our Disney stock could use the boost!

• I'll pencil this in later

Hmm, I read about this on another board. All I know is you have a selection to eat at any of the following places: Yamabuki, Napa Rose, Steakhouse 55 or Blue Bayou, for $150 dollars. I also read that at Napa Rose, you eat on a private balcony with your own sever.
    Last edited by Rayangelo; 01-01-2009 at 06:08 PM.

• Disney aficionado

hehe how much does an average normal meal at the napa rose cost anyhow?

what about at the blue bayou and other places?

• A Weather Eye Open

AND do you have to be of drinking age to buy it? a toasting glass signifies alcohol is served, but is there another option? something to consider...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    hehe how much does an average normal meal at the napa rose cost anyhow?

what about at the blue bayou and other places?
    My BB meal for two (2 entrees, 2 pirate punches) ran me over $80 w/ tip last year in Feb, and I'm sure prices have gone up a bit since then

And was 20-something for just 2 drinks and and 2 desserts a couple months after that. $24 w/ tip maybe?

• I'll pencil this in later

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    AND do you have to be of drinking age to buy it? a toasting glass signifies alcohol is served, but is there another option? something to consider...
    Well, they don't serve alcohol at BB.. but you still get the toasting glass. So not necessarily.

• Banned User

That sounds great! My hubby and I have our tenth anniversary coming up this summer. This would be a great way to celebrate. We could have dinner and then spend the rest of the evening in Disneyland, just like we did when we were dating. I can't wait to hear more details!

• Disney aficionado

Wait a minute bayougirl that $150 doesn't include admission to the park does it? .. that is just for the meal right?

If its $150 for a meal at the BB when a normal meal runs around $90 there.. that don't sound like too much of a good deal to me! I don't care how special they make it or if the commemorative toasting glass is made out of crystal. I'd probably accidentally crush it riding BTMRR

• Minion

Blog Entries

Yeah this does not sounds like a very good deal to me... unless of you were dinning at napa rose and it was still the $150 price... Then it might be worth it... But at $150 for two people plus park admission yeah I don't think so... I think I will stick with Club 33 for special occassions at $200 including park admission for both of us...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Wait a minute bayougirl that $150 doesn't include admission to the park does it? .. that is just for the meal right?

If its $150 for a meal at the BB when a normal meal runs around $90 there.. that don't sound like too much of a good deal to me! I don't care how special they make it or if the commemorative toasting glass is made out of crystal. I'd probably accidentally crush it riding BTMRR
    I think it would be nice, and I think Napa Rose is part of the package so it would be worth it. I do want to see more details, but so far it's sounding really good. Plus we have AP's so going into the park after is not a separate admission for us. I can see your point though if you did have to buy admission to the park that would make a $150 dinner, what somewhere around $300? That would probably not be do-able.

The Bayou raised their prices a while back. They give you the menu as a keepsake and we got home from our trip and I compared it to the one from 3 months earlier and most of the entrees were up $4-6.

Most of the meals are between $26-40...you get Bread, Salad (used to be a great wedge salad with a really good ranch, but I think they changed it) and your choice of entree and a desert. We dont hit it very often.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by passholder View Post
    The Bayou raised their prices a while back. They give you the menu as a keepsake and we got home from our trip and I compared it to the one from 3 months earlier and most of the entrees were up $4-6.

Most of the meals are between $26-40...you get Bread, Salad (used to be a great wedge salad with a really good ranch, but I think they changed it) and your choice of entree and a desert. We dont hit it very often.
    dessert is separate, around $7 a dish i think? and well worth it if you've got room; that chocolate chip cookie boat is delish!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayangelo View Post
    Well, they don't serve alcohol at BB.. but you still get the toasting glass. So not necessarily.
    at the other restaurants then... is the price of alcohol even included, or do you have to pay extra to fill up your "toasting glass"? or if is is included, i'm sure you can substitute easily to enable to purchase the dinner if you're underage?

I agree that it doesn't sound like a very good deal, esp at the blue bayou.

I got the impression that you were going to get two glasses, but I am not 100% sure. I saw the toasting glass (champagne glass) the other day and it is really cute.
    Last edited by The Red Head; 01-02-2009 at 09:25 AM. Reason: fix spelling error

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast