Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Discussion: Ever Had A Weird, Unique, or Interesting Disney(land)-related Dream?

Hey Guys! Maleficent Fan here.

I just woke up this morning and thought:
    Boy, I just had the weirdest dream!

(Reposted personal dream in post #2 so first post isn't so big)

So have you ever had a weird, interesting,
    unique, fun, cool, special, heart-warming, or a curious
    Disney(land)-related dream?

EDIT: Nightmares are fine to!
    (They'll add interest!)

If so, please share your dream
    (basically your story) in this thread!

Let's make this thread FUN, laughable
    and unique!
    (Like the Photoshop threads!)

PS:
    Your dream doesn't necessarily have to be Disneyland-related.
    It could just be a (generic) Disney dream.
    (I just thought it best to include Disneyland within the title since it's in the Disneyland forum.)

Also, just a quick reminder:
    Please keep the stories, how should I say, kid-friendly
    (or at least somewhat kid-friendly).

I think you know what I mean!

Last edited by Maleficent Fan; 01-03-2009 at 04:35 PM.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Re: Discussion: Ever Had A Weird, Unique, or Interesting Disney(land)-related Dream?

With the Year(s) of a Million Dreams promotion coming to a close and
    the new What Will You Celebrate? (WWYC?) promotion coming in full
    tow to the Disneyland Resort, my most recent Disneyland dream
    didn't surprise me all that much.

Like mentioned, with the WWYC? promotion upon us, my dream was
    basically me envisioning what the WWYC? decorations were going to
    be like (in my own mind). I have no clue where my mind went to
    while I slept, but I pictured and imagined that the waters of the entire
    Jungle Cruise were being lit up by underwater lighting for the promotion.
    I had imagined the entire ride covered in celebratory
    colors of bright reds, greens, and blues.
    Basically, the whole JC was full of many colored lights during the nighttime

I also had the same vision for the Rivers of America, but the waters
    were being lit by more calming colors of green, aqua, and marine blue
    (and they kind of went off-and-on like tree lights do).
    I also recall
    that the Indians were dressed up in Celebratory clothing!

It was quite the interesting dream to say the least!

Okay, I know this picture is awful (and it's a photo of the JC in the morning -- couldn't find any nighttime ones) but this is basically an "idea" of what I imagined.

Frankly, judging by Disney's poor lack of taste in decor for the YOAMD, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did something like this! (Okay, maybe not this extreme )
    Last edited by Maleficent Fan; 01-03-2009 at 02:51 PM.

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• Banned User

Re: Discussion: Ever Had A Weird, Unique, or Interesting Disney(land)-related Dream?

Yep, I've had countless dreams about DL in my lifetime. Usually they go something like this: I'm looking all over the park for the attractions I love, and can't find anything! I look and look and there's just NOTHING. Or, I go on something like the Haunted Mansion, and it's just WEIRD, with nothing recognisable in the ride.

OK, I guess that qualifies as a nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Yep, I've had countless dreams about DL in my lifetime. Usually they go something like this: I'm looking all over the park for the attractions I love, and can't find anything! I look and look and there's just NOTHING. OK, I guess that qualifies as a nightmare...
    Nightmares are fine to

I recall a nightmare (it took place a really long time ago so the details are quite fuzzy) that involved Dumbo and flying. I think it had to do with something over my fear of heights!

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• Berm Buster

I had a nightmare back when I was like 5 years old. I was on the PeopleMover with my family and my extended family, and my cousin pushed me out of vehicle (and who knows why the door was open), and I fell out and right as I was about to crash, I of course woke up.

And then there is of course the reoccurring nightmare of the Old Hag from Snow White as a child, but then again, who hasn't had that one.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I had kind of a surrealistic dream once of having to swim in the submarine lagoon and there being all sorts of strange machinery down there and giant sea monsters and deep sea fish. Scary at the time but also cool now heh that I like deep sea fish and monsters...
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Quote Originally Posted by Brer Mole View Post
    I had a nightmare back when I was like 5 years old. I was on the PeopleMover with my family and my extended family, and my cousin pushed me out of vehicle (and who knows why the door was open), and I fell out and right as I was about to crash, I of course woke up.

And then there is of course the reoccurring nightmare of the Old Hag from Snow White as a child, but then again, who hasn't had that one.
    Oh, I hate dreams like that! I once had a similar dream. I was on the Golden Gate and for some reason the car door opened, I fell, and right before I hit the shark-infested (at least in my mind) waters, I woke up in a cold sweat. I HATE those dreams!

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

• (Not a) New User

I remember having a dream of MSEP coming back to DL. Apparently my dream(s) are soon coming true...

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Berm Buster

I just remembered when I was 6, my family was trying to get me to try Indiana Jones Adventure (I was always in that position of trying to be talked into riding something new because I am the youngest of my family. , so they explained the whole attraction to me, but I still didn't go on it. But when I went to bed, I had a dream about how I imagined it from what my family told me, and looking back at it, it was mildly accurate to the real thing (Like being in a jeep and avoiding snakes and boulders).
    Last edited by Brer Mole; 01-02-2009 at 10:40 PM.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Imagine:

I just had my 8th birthday party and went to California Adventure. Our first ride was in HPB. It was white with a large mickey head on it (Sound familiar?). Both my parents, brother, sister (Why did I have a sister?) and a few other people whom I can't recall rode on it with me.

After departing the station, we traveled up hundreds of feet before plummeting back to earth. On the descent I could feel my self lifting up, like I was levitating. Freaky! We went over many large hills and down steep drops. Suddenly, my lap bar unlatched and opened, leaving me with nothing to keep me in the car. Upward we traveed, nearing the crest of the mountain of steel. Faster, faster. When at the peak, my entire body lifted out of the car, and I reached and held on to the headrest in front of me. The train dropped and dove into an underground tunnel, with me wailing in the back car in the train. I am Superman style now, my arms outstretched holding on to the headrest and my body streched full horizontal in the air at the end of the train. I look forward: my white-knuckled fingers hanging on for their, and my, life. I look side to side: the park. I look back: the swooping hills and valleys of the coaster. I look down: speeding track that would kill me if I let go. All this time I feel weightless, and have that sick feeling in my stomach. (It all felt tremendously real).

Then the unthinkable happened...

I need to do something extremely important right now, so I'll add to the suspense and pick up the story in my next post.

Last edited by DisneyPro; 01-03-2009 at 09:02 AM.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Continuing:

And then the unthinkable happened. The pull of gravity and the forces made my fingers snap off revealing the bone, and I flew off into the air. But then something wonderful happened:

I woke up.

• =)

I've had some weird ones. This one time, Space Mountain consisted of an outdoor steel cage that I was running across, with Br'er Fox in hot pursuit. I've had numerous dreams in which I'm backstage...but backstage is very different from real life. I end up exploring areas that I'm sure are real at the time, yet they don't correspond to any spot in the real park. Another time, a simple car ride near the Grand Canyon morphed into a seatbelt-less version of Thunder Mountain...we ended up going through an inversion, and I fell out of my seat at the top, plummeting upside-down into...my bed.

• Minion

one time i had a nightmare that they made a disneyland Canada ( such is weird cause I live in brea wich is like ten minutes from d land) any ways the Disneyland was a nice house/ikea type thing with no rides xcept a puppet show in a tiny living room with big foot! Yeah my dreams r weird! I've also had dreams of disneyland but nothing was in the right place and I couldn't find or get on any rides.

• Banned User

When I was a little kid, I was actually afraid of DL to some degree. (Then again, I was afraid of a lot of things.) So back then I'd have rather unpleasant dreams about HM, Indy, and when I was really really, little, POTC. Even IASW scared me a little bit. I had a mild phobia for animatronics too.

One Indy nightmare I would have is people would get in a Jeep, drive around a corner and stop so they could get screamed at by a super-loud Mara head or a snake or something. I think it sounds funny now, but it was totally scary back then.

A HM Nightmare would usually consist of just realizing I was on the ride all of a sudden and waking feeling totally terrified.

My first ride on both HM and IJA didn't turn out well at all so that probably explains both of those dreams.

...I don't know exactly why I never got sick of DL and told my Mom, "All Disneyland pretty much ever did to me as a kid was scare me. I'm not going this year." She really helped me get over my fear of Indy and HM, and I think now I'm making up for lost time, as they say. To be honest, I don't remember really ever falling for the magic as a kid. Ever. I don't know exactly why.

Now I get it, and it's awesome. I was able to rediscover exactly what I had been missing for about 12 years of annual visits.

Anyway, these days DL related dreams are usually the same rehash of dreams I first had about a year or two ago. Nothing really notable, except for the fact that everything is way out of wack. They're usually tedious and boring for some reason. Like, imagine a visit to the park where everything is bent, missplaced and wrong, and you wait in line for like 3 hours, forgetting what the ride was like when you get off, and you get on splash mountain mid-ride, some rides are missing, others don't work, others disapear peice by peice as you ride, etc..

• =)

Oh yeah, and I've had numerous alternate HM dreams, one of which involved a massive singalong and lots of strobing greenish spiderwebs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast