Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Maliboomer Removal Dropped?

Is it true that plans for the Maliboomer's removal have been dropped?
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• I'm not really here

Re: Maliboomer Removal Dropped?

Yes, as far as we know. Well, delayed indefinitely for the time being is probably more accurate.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• aka the scorpion eater!

I sure hope so... I love that ride! Its so much fun! I just wish they would take off the barf shields they put on it!

But more than likely that model in the blue sky cellar shows it missing... so yeah... it seems to me thats a sad semi answer!

• Fastest Man Alive

It might be more accurate to state that there is a rumor of the cancellation of the removal of the Maliboomer rumor.

Ie. To my knowledge, Disney never officially said the Maliboomer was being removed. And it has not officially said that it is now not being removed for the time being. I could be wrong here.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    I just wish they would take off the barf shields they put on it!
    Those are for the screams, not the barf - I kid you not. They had to keep the noise down for the neighbors.

As to the MaliBOOMer's status, I have no idea. And I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it staying or going, because either way, you've got a land themed to lack of theme. A parachute drop or whatever could be more technically period-correct, but the bottom line is that it's still a mini-amusement park sitting inside a park that claims to be a theme park.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Those are for the screams, not the barf - I kid you not. They had to keep the noise down for the neighbors.

As to the MaliBOOMer's status, I have no idea. And I'm not particularly enthusiastic about it staying or going, because either way, you've got a land themed to lack of theme. A parachute drop or whatever could be more technically period-correct, but the bottom line is that it's still a mini-amusement park sitting inside a park that claims to be a theme park.
    You know what would be really cool in place of the Maliboomer?

A model of an amusement park.

I'd call it Recursive Pier.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I'd call it Recursive Pier.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Ie. To my knowledge, Disney never officially said the Maliboomer was being removed. And it has not officially said that it is now not being removed for the time being. I could be wrong here.
    Bob Wiess said it. I was there in person once when he said it during an expansion presentation.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Bob Wiess said it. I was there in person once when he said it during an expansion presentation.
    Plans may have changed since then however.

Yes, they have obviously. I was responding to Wally's post.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I heard that the Maliboomer removal would be pushed off until 2010 or 2011, not dropped completely?

• aka the scorpion eater!

still... I would hope they keep it... its nice to have something in that area to compliment the skyline of Paradise Pier... a parachute drop would still be fun and might look nice... and its a toss up!

Honestly since Knotts no longer has a parachute drop ride... it would be nice to have something like that revived at DCA in place of it! But I would still miss Maliboomer though!

• Go Bears!

I hope they push back the removal date (or keep it) too.

To me, a parachute drop sounds even tackier than the Maliboomer... :P

And anyways, DCA needs all the attractions it can get right now.

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^

Yeah, Knott's got rid of theirs, so why is Disneyland going with sloppy seconds???

It just doesn't make sense to go backwards...

• Animatronic

I think the problem with the Maliboomer is that it looks way too modern and thus it makes it hard to create a period pier look. The scream shields don't do much for it either, and it's a tad redundant with Tower of Terror.

A parachute drop would probably be just as cool a ride and wouldn't suck down the theme of the entire area as bad a Maliboomer.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast