Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Walt is always watching...

Not sure of all of you are familiar with the Madame Leota tombstone effect currently found in WDW:

YouTube - Madame Leota Tombstone

My concept is...what if they applied this, or a similar technology, to the Walt statue (Partners) in the Hub?

As with Leota, he would be on a timer system, and every once in a while, his head might move slightly, or eyes open...eyes move back and forth lazily, like the Tiki Room pole masks....keeping an eye on his park. Something subtle and a lot of people would miss. And a nice thing for fans, as Walt truly would be watching over the park he loved so much.

(DISCLAIMER: I am, in fact, totally being not serious for those who don't know me. I just came up with the idea and it was too good not to share...in the very worst possible of ways. It would be insanely creepy and weird an effect to have....but maybe for Halloween heh.....but again, I am not in anyway seriously stating this is a good idea. Just a bit of fun. Gotcha!)

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Re: Walt is always watching...

NOTE: I JUST READ THE DISCLAIMER

I think it'd be cool if they applied the moving head/eyes thing to the Haunted Mansion's waiting line, however. (Because, to me, a moving statue or following eyes tends to be on the more creepy/supernatural side.)
    Last edited by Maleficent Fan; 01-03-2009 at 11:07 PM.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
    Hmm - it's a very interesting concept.

I just don't know though. There's something very powerful/sturdy in the way Walt stands currently - like he and his parks will beat the test of time.

I think it, in all honestly, might be a little unsettling to see his eyes and head move for observers.
    Heh well you missed the disclaimer I think...I'm 90 percent joking with that suggestion. It would be rather creepy yes.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Heh well you missed the disclaimer I think...I'm 90 percent joking with that suggestion. It would be rather creepy yes.
    Oh, why yes I did!

I still think it would be neat if they used this statue effect for our HM, though! The Leota effect is AWESOME!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
    Oh, why yes I did!

I still think it would be neat if they used this statue effect for our HM, though! The Leota effect is AWESOME!
    Definitely, I'd love to see the effect make it out here to our Haunted Mansion, it's quite good.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Walt is always watching...

If you don't mind, I'll take your idea further. What if at the opening of the park Walt comes to life and says his "All who come to this happy place, welcome!" He would also gesture with his right hand. He'll then go back to normal until the park closes. he'll then say good bye or whatever.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    If you don't mind, I'll take your idea further. What if at the opening of the park Walt comes to life and says his "All who come to this happy place, welcome!" He would also gesture with his right hand. He'll then go back to normal until the park closes. he'll then say good bye or whatever.
    I can actually totally picture the statue randomly moving. He'd wave at people, "How ya doin' folks?" Knowing current management, he'd then try to sell them a churro.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I think that would freak me right out.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• =)

Haha, nice. While that wouldn't have worked as a serious idea, I would wholeheartedly advocate another idea: mass-produce Leota-style Walt tombstones for every single desk and table at TDA and Imagineering, with eyes that periodically open and look around, and an engraving that reads:

We'll always remember Uncle Walt
    And stay in-theme with nary a fault.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Haha, nice. While that wouldn't have worked as a serious idea, I would wholeheartedly advocate another idea: mass-produce Leota-style Walt tombstones for every single desk and table at TDA and Imagineering, with eyes that periodically open and look around, and an engraving that reads:

We'll always remember Uncle Walt
    And stay in-theme with nary a fault.
    Good call on that one...they totally should. Imagine trying to work and having him staring at you....that would keep the mood light heh.

• HauntedOne999

all I have to say is that Diane Disney-Miller would be slapping you upside the head if you were serious. I've met her... for the Daughter of Walt she can get really nasty when it comes ideas about her father!!!!(she is the reason, if anyone wanted to know, that you can't get a silohette of Walt on MS or that there will never be an AA of Walt)
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Animatronic

That would be a good start, but why not make it into a little show. The Walt statue can come to life and shoot fireballs out of his hands to destroy the DVC carts to great applause!
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Alpoe001 View Post
    all I have to say is that Diane Disney-Miller would be slapping you upside the head if you were serious. I've met her... for the Daughter of Walt she can get really nasty when it comes ideas about her father!!!!(she is the reason, if anyone wanted to know, that you can't get a silohette of Walt on MS or that there will never be an AA of Walt)
    Oh, I don't doubt it....and this is just sillyness, not something I think is a good idea at all...except in absolutely the most wrong and hilariously bad ways.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    That would be a good start, but why not make it into a little show. The Walt statue can come to life and shoot fireballs out of his hands to destroy the DVC carts to great applause!
    Well, I'd certainly applaud that. Could he destroy the overflow Pirates movie merchandise next?

that would probably make me pee my pants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast