Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Staying at Grand Californian - need advice

hi all
    this is my first post. I have a question. Our family is staying at the Grand Californian. This is our first time staying on the grounds, also the first time we have gone with out a car. is there a grocery store close by? my 3 year old will want milk etc? we will want sodas for when we are relzxing in the room or resting i should say. anyways any advice would be great thanks geoff

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Staying at Grand Californian - need advice

Quote Originally Posted by clowndiscus View Post
    hi all
    this is my first post. I have a question. Our family is staying at the Grand Californian. This is our first time staying on the grounds, also the first time we have gone with out a car. is there a grocery store close by? my 3 year old will want milk etc? we will want sodas for when we are relzxing in the room or resting i should say. anyways any advice would be great thanks geoff
    There is a Target down Harbor Blvd - and they have a grocery section. I'd say they are about 2 miles down the road near Chapman

What I might suggest is Google Grocery Stores in the vicinity of Disneyland Resort: 1313 Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802

You might find just what you need by doing that

Hope that helps! Have a great trip! I love the Grand Californian!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Welcome to the boards! And congrats on an exciting family vacation! Staying at GCH is really an experience not to be missed, in my opinion! I'm not sure if there are any grocery stores within walking distance, but if you're not opposed to a short cab ride there is a Von's on Lincoln. There are also several convenience stores like 7-11 that are close enough to walk to.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

thanks. does disney grand californain offer anything like that?

• Sock Puppet

We just wrapped up a three night stay at the GCH. It was a BLAST!

Since you are w/o a car this trip, Target is way too far from the Resort to be useful unless you pay for a cab, or take the bus. Hardly worth it if you just want milk, soda, etc...

There is a 7-11 at the corner of Harbor and Katella if you want to walk. It's about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the GCH. One word of caution though, some homeless folks hang out there looking for handouts. Just an FYI...

There is a small store in the lobby to pick up small items, or I'd recommend the little pantry/muffin place by the entrance to Goofy's Kitchen or the stand inside the main lobby of the DL Hotel. You'd probably want to walk over there anyway just to take in the scenery.

You can also take a dip in the Neverland Pool. Yep, swimming on New Year's Day! The kids did just that a couple of days ago.

As a LAST resort, you can get soda and milk from room service, but you'll pay for it... ($$$) Whitewater Snacks is another option. Just check their hours.

You're gonna have a Tiggerific time at the GCH!

Enjoy!

• For You!

Other than restaurants and room service, there aren't any little convenience stores in the hotel just a gift shop. There is a pretzel maker and some other little bakeries just outside in Downtown Disney - it may be pricey, but I'm sure they'll have milk and pop.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• For You!

Okay, OSM beat me to it.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by clowndiscus View Post
    hi all
    If you are just in need of milk, soda and snacks, there is a snack shop within the California Grand called Whitewater Snacks. They also have juices, cereals, fruits, muffins, etc. And, they serve meals (small menu). When you check in, there is a Guest Services desk to the right of the very large fireplace (next to check in). They are always so helpful with any advice, location of grocery stores/shops, reservations or boarding passes.

Your in for a treat! Enjoy your stay!!!

If your looking for a grocery store near the out side of the Disneyland Resort, there is a "Food 4 Less" (Grocery store) down Katella towards Euclid.

I circled the Grand Californian Hotel in blue and the "Food 4 Less" in red :]

I hope this helps :

I was just going to say the Food 4 Less. That's where we went for all our grocery shopping needs when we went. It's very clean and nice there, cheap too!

You can also see the fireworks from their parking lot, fyi.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

But the food for less would be quite a walk esp. with a 3 year old unless you take a cab. The 7-11 is a walkable distance, and if you just need snacks, milk and soda either that or what OSM suggested would be better since you will have no car.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sock Puppet

Yea..Food 4 Less is the best! It's cheap but good quality food brands. Also, if you want to pay the $1.50 bus faire, you could walk over to Katella from the GCH and take the bus over to Euclid or the bus stop right before Euclid and get off there and then go to food 4 less that way. And then take the Katella bus back to Disneyland Dr./Katella and then walk back to the GCH. True too, the 7-11 on Katella/Harbor should be a great spot to stock up too. It would be more fun than going to F4L cause you can "tour" Katella. Plus, it's only a 10 minute, or less, walk from the hotel.

**Your daughter should be free on the bus if you decided to bring her along.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    There is a 7-11 at the corner of Harbor and Katella if you want to walk. It's about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the GCH. One word of caution though, some homeless folks hang out there looking for handouts. Just an FYI...
    Oh, the beauty of Anaslime!

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^^

Yeah, I can understand the hobo's not being able to read the "No Loitering" signs, but why Anaheim PD doesn't take any action against them is beyond me.

With all of the foot traffic generated by guests there, and the "image" that APD should be concerned about, you'd figure that they would move the hobo's along, but we've noticed them hanging out there for many years.

It must be a "profitable" spot for them...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Same ideas here with Food for Less.

The Target south on Harbor, would have a bus stop close by, as several hotels are right across the street.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast