Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Re: More Small World Children are Back!

Really though. The ride has been very disappointing. If Disney didn't waste their time with all the crap coming in February. We wouldn't have toy soldiers missing in less that a month, A facade which keeps going out when the lights go on, stuff literally falling apart, and a hideous looking roof in the finale that thing looks absolutely awful.

They need to get priorities straight right away and learn that TLC is better than adding.
    Last edited by Walt Jr.; 01-06-2009 at 07:04 AM.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Really though. The ride has been very disappointing. If Disney didn't waste their time with all the crap coming in February. We wouldn't have toy soldiers missing in less that a month, A facade which keeps going out when the lights go on, stuff literally falling apart, and a hideous looking roof in the finale that thing looks absolutely awful.
    Hmmmm.... maybe I'm naive but (aside from the missing soldiers) I have no idea what you're talking about

• revolutionary waltz

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Hmmmm.... maybe I'm naive but (aside from the missing soldiers) I have no idea what you're talking about
    No, I'm the same. I haven't seen the facade lights go out, nor have I noticed anything in particular disrepair beyond the soldiers. And uh, I can safely say I've never looked at the roof of the final room of IASW. Does that make me a bad fan or something?

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    No, I'm the same. I haven't seen the facade lights go out, nor have I noticed anything in particular disrepair beyond the soldiers. And uh, I can safely say I've never looked at the roof of the final room of IASW. Does that make me a bad fan or something?
    No it doesn't make you a bad fan. The facade has been haywire all season. Entire sections have gone out.

(pictures soon)

I only happened to glance up at the roof of the finale on my last trip and it was horrible. For all of the money spent to repair the attraction. The roof looks worse then it did before the refurb. It was highly obvious that they weren't focused on the real tasks of the refurb. Or what the real tasks should have been.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• It's all about Theme!

Your long awaited photo of the facade.

This is an almost nightly happening.

Yes, that is the entire east facade.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• The one and only

that happened when we were there too..... its a shame. it was closed for almost the whole year! you'd think that they would have made some effort to prevent that from happening.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The lighting of the facade for christmas is a seperate entity from the refurbishment, you can hardly blame that on them. When involving temporary lighting, with computers, music, timing, something is bound to get screwed up. Thats what happens, it's like live theatre, things go wrong.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I disagree about the ceiling in the Finale room. I think it looks better than ever! Fresh new ceiling tiles, as are in the rest of the attraction, and a slew of new lights that seem will be put to use in the regular it's a small world. I see no disrepair, or dirt, or anything that suggests they didn't fix it up to top-notch condition. And I say the same for the rest of the ride. It looks absolutely gorgeous inside!

But, I have seen it where a large section, or even smaller sections, of the lights don't turn on. That I can't understand. Also, most of the blue lights on the facade were almost completely faded to white this past weekend. I don't understand how this can be, and am really disappointed, because its the blue lights, I feel, that really make the holiday facade absolutely, drop-dead gorgeous! Otherwise, its just pretty, IMO.

• Troublemaker

Big deal. The christmas lights all went out several times during its opening season too. Are we going to say that that was due to a lack of maintenance?

There's being concerned that things are slipping at Disneyland, and then there's nit-picking. Lights on it's a small world Holiday go out for a night due to a glitche -- no biggie. The lights on a sign on Main Street didn't work correctly for a decade -- that's a problem.

• It's all about Theme!

I'm not going to argue over something like a roof.

However, after 10 years of bringing back IASW holiday. A full refurb just to get the entire show in working order, never should Disneyland technicians let half the entire facade go out on a regular basis and not be able to correct it over the timeline of 2 months. Really though.

But ignore this subject. It's not really on topic anyway. Back on to the joy of having the New Guinea children fresh and back and in the best condition I have ever seen them in. =)
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Who said I was arguing? I disagree with your opinion (for now), but am asking you to present your case- why do you think the ceiling looks so bad? I'll consider your views, and see where I go from there. Its a debate. Not an argument.

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Who said I was arguing? I disagree with your opinion (for now), but am asking you to present your case- why do you think the ceiling looks so bad? I'll consider your views, and see where I go from there. Its a debate. Not an argument.
    It just looks very disfigured. The other rooms look perfect. With little areas open for the hanging props.

The finale sequence however looks opposite. Most of the panels look like they have been damaged. Where ever there are hanging objects or lights, it looks like panels were just torn out. There are holes in the panels and from them come special lights that are regular. They don't look like the panels have been repaired at all. They look to have been broken but not totally split apart. Go to the room before and this room and you will see it.

Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Friday November 21, 2008
    Check out the 1st pic with a look at the ceiling. Perfect no?

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dat...work-more.html
    This is the best I could find right now. One photo gives you a look at some discolored looking tiles in the background.

Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Sunday, January 4, 2009
    The last photo here shows a little damage. But none really show the real damage.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Maybe you're right, but I just don't see it. Perhaps its just my eyes?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I see it a bit, but it may not have been all fixed in time for the opening of IASWH. I would assume if what you say is correct, it will be adjusted and fixed during this downtime. Looks like the only room with a problem.. coincedently being the last room.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I see it a bit, but it may not have been all fixed in time for the opening of IASWH. I would assume if what you say is correct, it will be adjusted and fixed during this downtime. Looks like the only room with a problem.. coincedently being the last room.
    Thats what I hope. As long as its fixed.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast