Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Mischievous Mouse

Re: Your favorite memory of POD

I also loved the POD. All of it!! Especially at night!!!

But favorite part, if there is a favorite "part", is the tinker-train I guess, and the magic in seeing it the very first time!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Following the Second Star

Oh wow...here we go...

First time I watched it I chased the Wonderland float and watched all three show stops. So much fun

Dancing by Small World to the music

"Flirting" with Peter Pan (AKA he would always wink and blow kisses at us)

"I DON'T KNOW YOU BUT I LOVE YOU GUYS!" *FLOWER GLOMP* (AKA pink flower ran over to us while we were cheering for him and yelled that then leaned down and hugged us)...I think this was also the last time I saw it

Seeing the same guy as a knife with the BatB float nearly every time and every time him looking at my camera and smiling. He's one of my favorite performers now

So much more...but I want to make sure this isn't too long. I loved PoD and Welcome is now a very special song to me and my friends. I will miss it now that it's gone

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Banned User

I'll miss the on-float water features. The waterfalls on the Lion King float and the jumping fountains/water spouts on the Little Mermaid floats were awesome and so unexpected.

• Banned User

There are a lot of things I'm going to miss, but I'm definitely going to miss the jumping flower guys the most. Those guys were so awesome!

• It's all about Theme!

I was there on the first public performance May 5th, 2005. This August, I was unknowingly seeing my last show.

Nothing like my usual chill down my spine at the beginning of the show stop.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• The 3D Efect.

I just remember another one that I have viedo tape it and it is one of my favorite parts of POD. It was back when all the Princese where still on the parade. When the show stop for the Princess came up I had love how Snow White would be on top of the stairs and dance with her Prince but then Doc would come up to Snow and both of them would skip all the way down on the stairs and go out front where Pluto and Goofy would be at. I have always like that part but after they took the Princese out Snow White never done the skipping down the stairs again.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Ugh this depresses me so much. It really saddens me. I'm going to miss seeing Ariel, and seeing Tink atop the Disneyland Railroad. I'm going to miss seein the Blue Fairy and Flora and Fauna and Merryweather. I'm going to miss the Lion King float. I'm going to miss Alice, and the Mad Hatter. I'm especially going to miss seeing Princess Aurora, Snow White, and Cinderella on the final float, as well as Mickey and Minnie. But most of all, I'm going to miss the music. The show stop music was my favorite
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

•   
    • Disney Dream 10/23!!

I think my favorite memory is when I was closing at the park and all of a sudden this parade comes out of nowhere! It was a practice run of the floats. That and when they did the filming in April 2005-I was working in the Little Red Wagon, and it was a perfect view. Since the floats weren't moving, I got to see so much of the performance.

By far my favorite memory was seeing it on 5/5/05. That was just a great day and what an awesome parade. A close second would be in 2007 when we won the Mickey Mouse Penthouse and got to be grand marshals before the parade on a crowded summer Sunday.

A big THANK YOU to the awesome CMs that made that parade magical every time we saw it. Your energy is just contagious!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I can't really think of a favorite memory because I enjoy this parade so much.
    Like many have said, the song gives me chills. For a fairly unknown song from Brother Bear it really sums up everything Disney to me and its bought me close to tears many times.
    I remember 2 yrs ago during Halloween, my friend and I were sitting on the curb watching the Alice show stop and singing and swaying along. One of the flowers looked at us said "you know all the words!! cool!" and gave us a big thumbs up.
    Another time we were trying to get down main street while the parade was going on. We were singing and clapping as we went as were several GC cast members who all gave us huge smiles looked so excited that we loved it to (especailly when we all broke it down with the "woooah hooooh"-- you know what I mean :P)
    Or maybe the first time we ever watched it and my brother and I freaked out because the White Rabbit was on roller blades and we were instantly reminded of "Adventures in Wonderland"

I know I have more... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    One of the flowers looked at us said "you know all the words!! cool!" and gave us a big thumbs up.
    Flowers don't have thumbs!

The majority of my favorite memories of POD have to do with the flowers. My most favorite happened on the last day. The Alice float came and when Pink Flower saw MGB and I he came up to us and said, "I'm so happy you guys are here! Today is the last day and I was going to be sad if you weren't here. We have to keep in touch after this. We have to figure something out." Then after the show stop Pink and Red Flower came up to us again and said, "Stand up! We're taking a picture." Best day ever. It was so bittersweet. I remember standing with MGB as the last float passed and singing the song one last time. It was so sad but at the same time Pink and Red Flower made it awesome.

• Princess Aurora Fan

For me it was seeing it for the first time squished between people trying to get photos as the Princesses and Princes came dancing by on their float. And hearing that song. It's on my ipod, cause I love it so much!
    ~Princess Aurora at Heart~

• A Weather Eye Open

When my sister visited me last spring, I took her to DL for a day. She had never seen the PoD before, so of course we watched it. At that time she had chunks of her hair dyed BRIGHT red, and both Peter Pan and Alice commented on it when the floats went by. Alice said, "Oooh, I think someone mistook your head for a rose because they've painted it RED!" It was just a couple of little interaction moments that we really enjoyed; when we were very young at Disneyland we were both so shy that we only met a couple of characters, and even on that trip with her we didn't interact with any other characters, so it was special that they noticed her.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    I can't really think of a favorite memory because I enjoy this parade so much.
    Like many have said, the song gives me chills. For a fairly unknown song from Brother Bear it really sums up everything Disney to me and its bought me close to tears many times.
    I remember 2 yrs ago during Halloween, my friend and I were sitting on the curb watching the Alice show stop and singing and swaying along. One of the flowers looked at us said "you know all the words!! cool!" and gave us a big thumbs up.
    Another time we were trying to get down main street while the parade was going on. We were singing and clapping as we went as were several GC cast members who all gave us huge smiles looked so excited that we loved it to (especailly when we all broke it down with the "woooah hooooh"-- you know what I mean :P)
    Or maybe the first time we ever watched it and my brother and I freaked out because the White Rabbit was on roller blades and we were instantly reminded of "Adventures in Wonderland"

I know I have more... oh well.
    Me too!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Watching the Parade of Dreams was one one my favorite things to do at Disneyland, I've seen it more times than I can remember. My favorite part would have to be the show stop, it was a magical moment as all the floats stopped and the cast froze as Walt's dedication played, and the cast would start dancing and pull out the gold banners, Welcome was the perfect song, it fit Disneyland perfectly. I think I was most amazed by how much of a production is was for being a parade, it was very impressive as parades go best daytime parade at any Disney Park.
    I made three show stop videos www.youtube.com/imagineerthat watch in high quality.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast