Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Your favorite memory of POD

For me the most memorable thing about Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams was when the music faded, the floats stopped, and all of a sudden Walt's wonderful, "To all who come to this happy place...WELCOME...(BANG!)," is heard. I just got severe chills thinking about it!

- Joe

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    For me the most memorable thing about Walt Disney's Parade Of Dreams was when the music faded, the floats stopped, and all of a sudden Walt's wonderful, "To all who come to this happy place...WELCOME...(BANG!)," is heard. I just got severe chills thinking about it!

- Joe
    Although I wasn't much of a fan of the parade, I have to admit that that part was a nice touch in the music. I did enjoy that part of the music itself, and the rest of the music wasn't too bad either. Not to mention it would get stuck in my head for the coming few hours too haha.

• Awaken the spirits

My favorite is when I was walking along Main Street towards the train station when the parade was coming through. Since it was really crowded, a cast member opened a door and directed traffic backstage. At first it was actually a little scary because I was the first one through and there weren't many people coming through behind me, so it felt like I had done something wrong. But it was pretty cool, I guess they direct traffic back there when it gets out of hand.

The part that was awesome for me was getting to the see the Jungle Cruise boats back there. I never realized how close the Jungle Cruise is to Main Street before. I guess I just never thought about it (or paid attention to the framed map of the park hanging in my house....)

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

The POD always gets to me, especially Walt's "Welcome" speech. It made me proud that I was a Disneyland Cast Member. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh......... I miss those days!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    My favorite part would have to be the show stop, it was a magical moment as all the floats stopped and the cast froze as Walt's dedication played, and the cast would start dancing and pull out the gold banners, Welcome was the perfect song, it fit Disneyland perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    It's the same moment for me too! I loved pretty much everything about the parade, but that moment when the dedication played definitely stands out.

As others have posted, the guest interactions with the Flowers from the Wonderland unit can be really, really fun. And I love, love, love the Lion King unit and the way the dancers would interact with each other and especially Rafiki on the float. And because the Wonderland unit and the Lion King unit were next to each other, sometimes they would acknowledge each other and I loved watching that happen. One time, there was a Flower vs. Cheetah face-off that happened in front of me and it cracked me up.

• Follow me on Twitter!!!

For me, the Parade wouldn't be as magical if it weren't for the music. It's one of the best themes ever. I hope they at least play it in the morning on Main Street when they open the park. I remember being so excited back in late August when they played that at park opening.
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    I hope they at least play it in the morning on Main Street when they open the park. I remember being so excited back in late August when they played that at park opening.
    Not anymore!! They play "Celebrate You" from Corbin Bleu. The "What Would You Celebrate" Theme Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Not anymore!! They play "Celebrate You" from Corbin Bleu. The "What Would You Celebrate" Theme Song.
    Well that actually makes sense...but it saddens me ...maybe they'll add it to the esplanade loop!!!
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

At one it's very first presentations when my young niece told me it was the song from 'Brother Bear' being used.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    Well that actually makes sense...but it saddens me ...maybe they'll add it to the esplanade loop!!!
    The Dreams Come True float music does play, but I don't think I've heard Welcome yet

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    The Dreams Come True float music does play, but I don't think I've heard Welcome yet
    Yeah, I heard it back in December when I was there...who knows, maybe they will add it! I just love it...I mean I have it on my iPod, so I can listen to it whenever, but there's something more magical when you here it at Disneyland

I'm just not ready to let go of it yet
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123