Identification for B-day?

My sister is 15 yrs old and of course she doesn't have a driver's license to show. On the website it says you have to show a birth certificate but I don't want to have the hassle of bringing her birth certificate and crumpling it in my bag. Can you bring a copy? What about a US passport, that has her birth on it? Any help I would appreciate thanks.
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Identification for B-day?

Here are the official rules in the FAQ on disneyland.com:

Q: What kind of identification do I need to show at the ticket booth?
    A: If you're age 18 or older, valid date of birth identification includes: Driver's License, Government-issued Photo ID, or a Government-issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and don't have any of the above mentioned ID, an original or a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is required.

More info here:
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...urBirthdayPage

Looks like a birth certificate is the way to go. Maybe you can get your hands on a certified copy, whatever the process is to get one..
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

It looks like her Passport will work also so you have to decide which one you would rather carry around for the day.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Yes, kids with passports or State issued ID cards can use those, and not a birth certificate.

FYI, School ID is not a valid Government Issued ID for this promotion.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Keep in mind that a simple photocopy of a birth certificate may not be sufficient. It probably needs to be a copy that is sent from the registrar's office (my county sends the copy with a raised seal).

• Minion

Aren't the ticket sellers going to be having a fun time with this? How many people are going to be showing up with the wrong thing, or with nothing and then getting angry?
    I want my cake back!

• Sock Puppet

Well, if they show up with either nothing at all or the wrong thing, they have no one to be angry at but themselves...

Rules are rules and these are fairly simple to follow.

I would imagine that there will be plenty of folks that try to take advantage of the situation with the b-day passes though.

In fact, I know a neighbor of mine that WILL try and get her kids in for free. She's good at creating a scene when she doesn't get what she wants. Her recent victims include Goofy's Kitchen and the DL Hotel.

Notice I called her a NEIGHBOR and not a FRIEND...

I wish the best to the CM's that will have to deal with this.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

At least 50 types of birth certificates. How are CM's going to know whether they are real or not?

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Rules are rules and these are fairly simple to follow.
    Well, that would be nice. But, if people can't even bothered with the "not valid unless signed" requirement on their credit cards, I can see the headache caused by this. It will certainly be a case of "looking a gift horse in the mouth" as some guests will demand they get their way even though they completely ignore the rules of the promotion.
    This will especially get awkward for kids. Most don't have passports. That really just leaves Birth Certificates. Most parents will not find it convenient to haul their original copies of those around and will insist that a photocopy is good enough. I wish Guest Relations good luck.