Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Urban Legends

• Banned User

Re: Urban Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Jordiekins View Post
    wasn't it florida that had the underground water problems? so they raised the ground instead? i just watched the comcast feature thing about tunnels under the parks.
    Yes, MK is quite elevated. From the bus stops to the front gate, it's quite a climb.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by scotprincess View Post
    No you havent walked in tunnels under disneyland because there is only one tunnel and it doesnt go very far. Before there was an orange grove on the land that is now disneyland it was a swamp, if there were tunnels under disneyland they would flood every year and cause major problems, its just not possible and it annoys me when people claim there are tunnels. My source: My manager that has been working at disneyland since the day it opened.

Yes, I have I've walked under the tunnels in NoS, wich arn't very big! And in Tommorowland and ect;

Where do u work at in Dland and who's your boss? What postion are u? I'm friends with a lot of old cast members from my grandpa! As for your source I believe u but I'm not saying its anything grand like utilidoors! Just little undergroung tunnels in certain parts of the park! As for what u stated, do some research before u put down the facts! I'm not being mean, I don't want this to end in a quote fight like I quote what u say and rebuttle and u quote what I say ect;

I keep getting attacked!

As for Timmy info, thank you for telling me! I knew I heard that story before just didn't know where!

• phbbbbbt

How funny that this thread is here. Just the other day, our friend's son (he's 20) told me that there's a regulation basketball court at the top of the Matterhorn, because Anahiem building codes back then didn't allow rollercoasters above a certain height. And they have company basketball games up there too, apparently it's quite the place.

He also told me that there's a volleyball court in the Haunted Mansion. It's in Madame Leota's room, after hours, they drop the floor down and raise the net.

Of course, this is the same kid who told me last year that JK Rowling had changed her mind and was writing a book 8.
    xo, Deanna

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Apparently that is why Timmy haunts the Mansion but the stories of Timmy go beyond the Mansion walls. The Ghost that haunts Alice, Small World, and Roger Rabbit has also been dubbed Timmy. The CMs always pay homage to Timmy.
    Um... what exactly happened at all these rides that caused them to become "haunted"?

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

• Minion

Legend three. A typical legend that everyone knows about. I'll make this one simple, the basketball court in the matterhorn!

We all know its TRUE!

But whats funny are the different types of legends about like.....

The basketball court was built only because There can't be a structure over 100 feet in Aneheim unless its Sports related.

But when Walt was building the mountain inside there's this big empty space above the track since the ride only uses two thirds of the track. But the third of the track (the pointy part of the mountain) had a big empty space.

So Walt asked the ride ops what they would like to put up there and what would be the strangest thing and they said "we would like to put a basketball court up there.

Its actully a half court!

Heres a vid I found this is the link....YouTube - Disneyland Fact or Fiction: The Matterhorn

• Minion

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
    Um... what exactly happened at all these rides that caused them to become "haunted"?
    Things don't need to HAPPEN in a specific place for it to become Haunted. Mansion for example has real antiques up in the attic scene. Some hauntings have been tied into little things like dolls or even pieces of furniture. These items may have been much loved by someone in life or even located in a location that someone died or something horrific happened in. Maybe Timmy's ashes are what brought him here. There's nothing to keep Timmy just trapped in Mansion. If he loves Disneyland, he may be running and having fun all over the place. I know I would be.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Its actully a half court!
    Well...not really. It doesn't even look like a regulation key.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    A swamp? In semi-arid Southern California? Really?

If so, how does that one tunnel remian h20 free?
    Steve, there were in fact swamps in the area where Disneyland now is.

Disneyland fans for some reason hate going to the beach, but a short 20 minute drive from Disneyland are the Bolsa Chica Wetlands, the last remaining remnant of a huge swamp that covered the northwestern third of Orange County, extending into Anaheim.

The swamps were not there because of weather conditions, but because of the Santa Ana and San Gabriel rivers. Before the Army Corps of Engineers created the concrete ditches that now force the water to flow within this same path every year, these rivers flowed freely from the inland areas to the sea. The rainy season would come and the water would flow through Anaheim and Fountain Valley (then descriptively known as Gospel Swamp) on the way to the ocean. The water would take the "path of least resistance" on its way to the ocean, and each year this path would change somewhat depending on different things. What was left behind every dry season were pools of water which over 1000s of years became swampland.

It isn't until only a little more than 100 years ago that these swamps were drained and the rivers were cemented in that these areas began to dry up. But the ground water table is still very high in certain areas. In some areas all you need to do is dig less than 15 feet and you hit water. Even the farmers in this area planted crops like celery which grows well in these conditions.

So yes, there were swamps here, even though we have a semi-arid climate.

• Practically Magic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Heres a vid I found this is the link....YouTube - Disneyland Fact or Fiction: The Matterhorn
    Back the funk up.

Did that video actually say at 2:09 that they originally had CANDY MOUNTAIN planned?!?!?!

• Semi-Lurker

I wonder if maybe the word "basement" or "utility basement" might be a better word to describe the "tunnels" under the park. For example there is a basement in the back of Coke Corner that we used to store the nuts we used in candy making. I guess if you wanted to stretch it could be considered a tunnel.

• Disneyland History Lover

I did not know about Timmy... very interesting.

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Here is the basketball court. The most amazing thing in the picture is that Vlade Divac is not smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
    Back the funk up.

Did that video actually say at 2:09 that they originally had CANDY MOUNTAIN planned?!?!?!
    Yes they were going to build a Rock Candy Mountain ride. Kinda of Like in between Big Thunder and Casy Jr. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be where story book land is bc thats how the pic shows it with the Canal Boats and Casy Jr.

• Showus your Larboard side

I believe in my heart there are tunnels under Disneyland. So there it is, proof positive.

Mike
    believing in Lakeside

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast