Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Urban Legends

• Minion

Re: Urban Legends

50/50

None can say it is true or false. It all depends on personal experiances, religon, or if u actully believe in ghosts!

For me it 100% true from my personel experiance!

Back in 2005 when the relaunched SM was new and I rode it for the first time I had an experiance to wht I think is Disco Debbie. Long story short when your actully in "space" wher you turn left and around the unlight meteor is where I saw her. She was sitting on the Meteor and waving to us! She had a green glow to her and was beutiful.

After we rode it other ppl in the car were like wow they have great specail effects. And a couple was like.

"C babe! I told u it was different at night they add different music and put in that alen girl cause aliens come at night!"

I wanted to laugh about the soundtrack cause even though I only rode it once I read it was all the same music so I assemed they had over looked the girl.

At first I thought it was part of the ride like an alien AA or somethin. But the nxt month I rode it again and she was gone.

I asked a castmember when they'd put the AA back and she said there was never such a thing.

Then I told her my story and she said she didn't know what I was talking about and I was

So then I said it might of been a cast member up ther with a light or somethin and she said castmembers arnt allowed on the track unless it breaks down. She said it would be dangerous to even get on the metiord. My mom was freaked out!

• Minion

Any stories of Disco Debbie?

• Hookie anyone???

Has anyone been on the Lilly Belle?

• Minion

Uh not me, but others have!

We have been on the Lilly Belle, but didn't feel like we were contacted from the beyond. On the other hand, I was so excited to be in it, that I could have been bobbed over the head by a ghost and not paid any attention

• Koubu Pilot

I've heard of Disco Debbie's death, but I had never heard of her walking the tracks. But nearby, there was said to be another Tomorrowland haunting. The People Mover had 2 deaths, both of which were in the '70s and I believe were the reasons the safety bars were added to the cars. The later death happened around the Circlevision stretch from a young man car hopping on his train. The first one happened in the Superspeed Tunnel. From what I remember hearing about it, he was reaching for his girlfriend's purse and fell onto the track, or something along those lines. One of the things he grabbed at was his girlfriend's long hair. In both cases, they were crushed by oncoming trains. They say females on the People Mover who had long hair would sometimes feel someone or something pull on their hair. 2 details I'm not sure of are if it was only female CMs, or only blonde women.

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

the tunnels/utility passageways exist! get caught doing something illegal (like tagging?) and you can see them yourself.

we forget which book it was (maybe Mouse Tales?) but it has names and dates for the people (mostly teens) who have died at disneyland. two drowned in rivers of america (in 6 feet of water), two crushed by the 2mph people mover, one run over by the Monorail - oddly, seemed like there were a lot of Grad Night accidents.

anyway, there's supposedly a monorail ghost that's been seen or felt in tomorrowland, near the monorail tracks.
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    pft.
    Ditto. Sorry, but I've been with the resort for quite a few years and have been over most of it. Furthermore I've worked closely with dozens of CMs and managers over time with seniority in the 30-40 year range, and guess what? No tunnels.
    Disneyland has a series of unconnected basements. There is a tunnel leading from the Tomorrowland Terrace to Innoventions and multiple area tht dip under the train tracks and under the road to facilitate movement between Disneyland and DCA, but that's it.
    I'm sure there are some maintenance accesspoints. Just as there are probably powerlines, sewers, and water mains beneath my apartment right now. But that's all that is running underneath Disneyland.
    And no, vandals will not be lead by Disney Security through those access points, that would be just stupid. The liability involved taking a guest through those areas...the mind boggles.

• Minion

it all depends on what u think "tunnels" are. There are some underground maintnence sections and some under ground kitchens in NOS and main street. There are also some tunnels by TT stage and by innovations. Also a tunnel connecting outside the lark near indy and NoS. So it all depends what u mean by tunnels. Nothing like utillodoors.

• Minion

nuff said bout the doors, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LEGENDS????????????????????????

• Showus your Larboard side

The tunnels, why is there so much doubt? We all (true tunnelites ) believe they are there so why continue to try and make us believe they are not there. Your attempts are futile.

Mike
    delusional in Lakeside

• Minion

these tunnels are like Santa Clause you want to believe but know it not real

Quote Originally Posted by scotprincess View Post
    My source: My manager that has been working at disneyland since the day it opened.
    I could have SWORN I read somewhere (possibly here) that the last member of the "Class of 55" retired a few years ago...

Found a link:

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/jul...iness/fi-13069

Retired in 1997.
    Last edited by PinBrian; 01-22-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added link

• Minion

^me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    Okay heres another one that we've all heard. My cousin told me this so back me u guys if some of my info is a little off.

In the 70s at grad night at Disneyland, there was this beutiful girl. Everyone loved her. Popular, pretty, and would cheer u up! She was in to dancing disco and she would get everybodys spirits up and would dance on the Tommorowland Dance stage.

After dancing she took a break and left. No one could seem to find her! Around 12:30 her mom came to pick her up and she wasn't there, she waited two more hours and she never came.

She went and told Disneyland that she was missing and so the security guards looked for her all over the park.

Finally they found her dead body in the back stage area of Space Mountain. She died of an anerism!

Today she haunts space mountain as the way she was when she died. People say she has this greensh sorta light bluish glow to her.

Alot of ppl say she walks the track of SM. Others say she flies around or actully rides the ride with u.

this legend is.....
    I've heard that also somewhere... but no the one I'm talking about is a man.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast