Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 1/2 & 1/3 - My two day escape to the Happiest Place on Earth

I was there on Friday too and it was CRAZY! haha!

My best score ever!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Nice pictures, can't wait to see more!
    Thanks! And more will indeed be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    You were there on Friday and Saturday?? You should of told me, I would of gone too, I was off from work those days.

Exellent report!!!! I can't wait for more. Boy, compared to Tink and Silvermist, you are freakishly tall, I bet the pixie dust didn't work that well on you, LOL,
    I thought I felt it working, but it did seem to stop sooner than I would have thought. And, don't take it personally, but I wanted this to be primarily a solo trip. I'll def. let you know of future trips, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    It was fun getting to see you both days. Plus the fact that you also liked my two favorite TV Doctors was great. I hope to see you again sometime!
    It was nice meeting you, too. And, I hope your friend is feeling better. Hope her day wasn't spoiled much.

And, technically, isn't one of those Doctors only on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by royaldisneyfan View Post
    Great pics. How tall are you? Just curious
    Thanks! I'm (technically speaking) 6'3.5" But its just so much easier to say I'm 6'4".

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    great pix! LOVE the clarity
    Thanks so much! A little hint: the neck strap can be used for more than just carrying the camera easily... it can also be used to stabilize your camera, thus helping you to take clearer pics. However, the night pics I took (and will show more of later) were taken using a tripod. So... no amount of neck strap can help you with those.

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    I was there on Friday too and it was CRAZY! haha!
    I was so surprised at how busy it was! It was a ZOO!!

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    It was nice meeting you, too. And, I hope your friend is feeling better. Hope her day wasn't spoiled much.

And, technically, isn't one of those Doctors only on the internet?
    She was fine the rest of the day. Right after we saw you we went on the Mark Twain and she was fine.

And ok my two favorite doctors in general.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

great report!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    And, don't take it personally, but I wanted this to be primarily a solo trip. I'll def. let you know of future trips, though.
    Pssssssssshhhh...... You go on solo trips all the time, I commend you, my friend!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Ok, so its late, and I need to get to bed, but I want to give you guys a little more, to tide you over.

So... where was I? O yeah, headed to small world.

On the way, I just had to get a pic of Mini-Harold:

I have a genius marketing idea: they should sell exact replicas of the little dolls that "power" the popcorn machines! At least, Mini-Harold! He's just too cute to say no to.

While in line for small world, I noticed that the sun and moon emblems were missing from the top of Fantasyland Theater.

Still waiting to get on...

I really love the wreath/ornament combo. The colors of the ornaments are so pretty to me. There's just something about them...

Now, on the ride...

And, inside:

I must say that the Polynesian room is probably my favorite, out of the entire attraction!

I was so happy to see some of these kids back :

And the giant sun has really grown on me:

This guy is so super cute:

Aww...

After I was off small world, I headed into ToonTown, to get a FP for Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. But, to my dismay, the FP machine was not working, and it was going to be a while before they could fix it. It would light up green, saying the ticket was accepted, but no ticket ever came out. :/

So, I ventured into the Gag Factory, to see if there was any new merchandise, and lo-and-behold! I found the most amazing thing!

And, as you can tell by his surroundings, I bought him. I mean... its Roger. And they're only selling them in the Gag Factory! I looked all through the Emporium and Engine-ears Toys in DCA, and couldn't find him in either store. He's back in the plush pile that surrounds the TV, near the Build-a-Hat station.

Good call, Disney! Now, everyone buy one (or two, or three... )!!!!

I need to get to bed, like... an hour ago. But, I hope you all enjoy my photos, and I might be able to post some more tomorrow. We'll see.

To be continued...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    She was fine the rest of the day. Right after we saw you we went on the Mark Twain and she was fine.
    Ok, cool. I was slightly worried for her. But I'm glad to hear all was ok!

And ok my two favorite doctors in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    great report!
    Thank you! And its not done yet, not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Pssssssssshhhh...... You go on solo trips all the time, I commend you, my friend!
    I don't see what's so horrible about going by yourself. In fact, I love going by myself. But, now that my friends down here all have their passes again, I'll be going with them again! I did miss them going with me...

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Great pictures of Small World, Tom, and I love that Roger doll. I've been tempted to buy it so many times but I figured I shouldn't.

Oh, and by the way, Small World just came on iTunes as soon as I started looking at your pictures.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 01-07-2009 at 12:50 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Oh, and by the way, Small World just came on iTunes as soon as I started looking at your pictures.
    Pure awesomeness!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Continuing on:

I wandered over through Frontierland, and noticed something a little bizarre near Big Thunder.

Still don't see it? Here- look a little closer...

Bubbles! I'd never seen soap bubbles in the water before. And I had read about this sort of thing the night before on MC, which made it even weirder!

I thought about going on Big Thunder, but the wait was running a little longer than I'd have liked, so I decided to skip it for now, and come back later.

My memory is failing me at this point, and since I don't have pictures for a little while, I'm going to say I went on Indy next (I LOVE Single Rider!!), and then went over to check out Mansion, but the line was already ridiculous, and I couldn't get another FP yet, so I skipped it. I was hungry, so I stopped at the Main Street Corn Dog Cart, and took my corn dog (SO YUMMY!) over to Coke Corner, and enjoyed every bit of that mouth watering treat. It was love at first bite.

Again, foggy memory, so I'm thinking it was about this time I headed over to DCA, and passing through the Main Entry Plaza, I was greeted by absolutely insane crowds! And they weren't to get into the parks... they were for buying tickets!

(This one was taken with my phone)

Most of the people in that picture were waiting to buy tickets. I did say earlier that it was crazy, didn't I?

Upon entering, I bolted over to Tower of Terror to get a FP. Then, I went over to Paradise Pier.

Talk about a flock of seagulls! Wowza!

Disneyland has ducks, DCA has seagulls.

I went down into the Amphitheater for some lagoon skate park shots.

Check out the progress of the Fun Wheel paint job! Its moving along slowly, but surely. Me likey!

And no more sun face!

The outcast from seagull society, stands as a warning to all who would resist the will of the flock. Rebel, and you are sentenced to solitary confinement in... DCA!!

Close-ups of the painting progress:

I really like the new colors!

Around the backside, more progress had been made since my last visit in early December.

I decided to SR Screamin', but had to wait a few minutes for another CM to come with more SR passes (the CM there was out). That, and another 10 minute wait, and I was on! So much fun. And with Roger, no less!

Midway Mania had a ridiculous wait, both for Stand-by and Single Rider. I passed on it this time.

On my way out of the pier, I snapped a pic of the new lenticular poster showcasing Disney's World of Color.

I walked over to Tower, then, via Golden State:

I'm on the far right, in the middle, again with Roger.

I then went over and watched Muppet Vision 3D, followed by just barely making it into the Aladdin show! I'll take pictures of that, someday.

As I was staying super late to take night pics, I had booked a hotel room at the Tropicana Inn, just across the street on Harbor Blvd. I wandered around a bit more, waiting until I could check in, and then went back to my car, and out and around to the hotel. Its a nice little hotel; nothing fancy. But the bed and pillows were super comfy, the room was clean (and quiet!), and the staff was friendly. What more do you want?

And that'll do it for now! I need to get to bed, but will continue tomorrow night, with my night pictures, one of which I previewed for all y'all at the beginning of the thread.

To be continued...

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Nice report!
    Thank you so much!

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Great TR! Your pictures are so clear.... maybe your height helps with the
    steady camera thing...

Isn't the Tropicana wonderful? Everytime my friends and I stay there we are never disappointed. They are always super nice and bring us lots of extra towels (4 girls=towel shortage).

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the pics!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

^Aww... thanks.

I don't know if my height helps... maybe it does because I don't have to stretch to take a picture above everyone's heads?

I'm working on the next installment.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

After checking in, dropping off my stuff, and picking up my tripod, I set out on the strenuous journey to the parks... all 10 minutes of it. Boy, what a workout. I wasn't sure if I'd survive ok, or not.

I made it through bag check no problem, and went back into DL, to setup for the Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle light show. But, I am easily distracted, and went elsewhere, figuring I'd catch the 7:30 show. My first stop? Big Thunder Trail. There's this really awesome tree back by BT Ranch, that they cover in the prettiest lights, that I had to get a picture of. Its one of my favorite spots, anyways, but topped off with beautiful colored lights? Ding, ding ding! We have a winner!

I had posted another pic of this same tree earlier, but wanted to post this one, too. Its just so prettyfull.

And here's that first one I posted. Why? Because I love it so.

I wandered through Fantasyland, up to small world to take a shot, but it was too busy. So busy, in fact, that the line took up all of the extended queue, and stretched down past the toy shop, towards the ToonTown tunnel. And, BTW, the line ends where the couple is, in the middle, with the smiling lady.

(I guess she doesn't like to look stupid in photographs, picking her nose, or something? )

Turning around, I found a clearing to get a closeup of the sw facade.

This is also one of the few spots that the blue lights were still blue. Most had faded, and looked pretty pathetic. But, these still looked nice.

For my next victim subject, I decided on ToonTown.

Benny must've had too much sugar, 'cause boy was he hyper!

And Roger, in his Sunday's best:

I wonder if he was going to Sears?

Moving over to...

Next, I setup shop near the Jolly Trolley, and got one of...

#1) The Five and Dime

#2) The Clock Shop sign

#3) Goofy's Gas (Which could have been avoided, had he followed my advice and stayed away from Rancho. But would he listen? Noooo... Mr. Smartypants became Mr. Stinkypants. )

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

And, last but not least: #4) the Jolly Trolley sign

It was now getting nearer to the second act of the Castle and Main Street lights show, so I thought it best to get there early to get a good spot. And I already had video of the Castle lighting, but not one of Main Street. So, I opted for a view down towards the Christmas tree.

First, a couple shots while waiting:

And, of the Adventureland gateway:

Then, the moment I had been waiting for:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=nqqK3sloab4

Afterwards, I went up and around the Matterhorn for some seldom shot spots of Autopia.

And in case you didn't know, the Autopia cars have all been fitted with new Hyperdrive generators. Who says driving a car on a track couldn't be fun?

Oh Peoplemover, how I miss thee.

I started up again, and was planning on finding my next subject, probably on the West side of the park, when I was distracted by a very fun, and quite familiar, song. "Are you gonna be my girl?", by Jet, but being performed by...

Tomasina!

And, boy oh boy... does she ever make some funny faces while performing. (Oh God, did I just say that out loud?)

Which leads us to something else no MiceChatter has ever seen before: a Tomorrland Terrace band as viewed through my camera. I've only recently been taking an interest in the music here. Hey, what can I say? They're actually playing music I like, now. I recorded some videos, but you can't understand a word in them, so I'll just pass on those. But, I can, and will share some of my pics of the band performing. (Not all of them clear, but the ones that aren't, are worth it)

All in all, they were great, and I'll definitely be headed back again to watch them some more.

But, since I have many, many more pictures yet to share, I'll end this part now. For your safety, and the safety of others, please keep all hands, arms, legs and feet inside the boat at all times. And please watch your children; because if you don't, the crocodiles will. Your journey through the wilds of Disneyland will continue momentarily.

To be continued...
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-08-2009 at 11:10 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast