Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: 1/2 & 1/3 - My two day escape to the Happiest Place on Earth

!!!
    Tomasina is my favorite band who plays on Tomorrowland Terrace. She is a sweetheart and such a great performer. Can't wait to go see her on the 30th .

Great pictures again Tom!

• Picturing the Magic

The autopia shots at night look really good. Can't wait for the flickr link to be posted

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• i miss the peoplemover

i'm curious as to what settings you have your camera on for the night shots, i have the same camera and my pics never ever come out that nice... i'm jealous... i want my pics to look like that.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Wow! Even more great pics! Disneyland at night is so special. Thanks for posting the video of the Tree and Castle. I wasn't able to go in December so I missed all the pretty lights.

Thanks again!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    !!!
    Tomasina is my favorite band who plays on Tomorrowland Terrace. She is a sweetheart and such a great performer. Can't wait to go see her on the 30th .

Great pictures again Tom!
    I enjoyed their performance, but honestly, I like Suburban Legends better. They were really fun to watch and listen to, plus I love Ska.

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    The autopia shots at night look really good. Can't wait for the flickr link to be posted
    Don't worry, it will. And so everyone knows- I only will have shown a fraction of my photos, by the end of this thread. I took over 500 pictures between the two days, and 16 videos. So, yeah. There'll be plenty to look at once I post the link. Of course, there's multiples of the night photos, as I tried different exposure settings.

Quote Originally Posted by WheresMickey View Post
    Great report!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaroline View Post
    i'm curious as to what settings you have your camera on for the night shots, i have the same camera and my pics never ever come out that nice... i'm jealous... i want my pics to look like that.
    I also used a big-honkin' tripod for my night photos, otherwise, they would have been blurry. But, I use the "S" mode (Shutter Priority). ISO 64 for the night pics, with varying exposure lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by haunted_hottie View Post
    Wow! Even more great pics! Disneyland at night is so special. Thanks for posting the video of the Tree and Castle. I wasn't able to go in December so I missed all the pretty lights.

Thanks again!
    Thanks so much, everyone, for you nice comments. Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to post anymore photos tonight, in great amount. I'll try to put up a few more, though.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-09-2009 at 08:13 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

The night shots are beautiful. I completely missed that tree along the trail to Big Thunder Ranch. It looks gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing that with us.

And big props for the photos of Tomasina. The Tomorrowland Terrace bands are a great way to enjoy an evening at Disneyland. Stellar is my personal fave, but they're all enjoyable to watch and listen to.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

EGADS!!! I just remembered that I forgot to mention dinner! Once I got back in the park, from the hotel, I started out towards Cafe Orleans, for a Monte Cristo sandwich. But, on my way there, in Town Square, I ran into our own MCer Hilsbro! Or rather, he ran towards me. I didn't see him, but he had seen me, and ran up next to me. We walked and talked for a little bit, and then went our separate ways, as he was with friends, and I was hungry.
    And then I started taking my night pics, and Tomasina, and the Christmas lights, which brings us to...

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room! But, I took pictures only in the Enchanted Tiki Garden. Its much harder inside, because the birds end up looking like they're spinning at light speed.

Here's a few of Pele and Ngendei:

And then Tangaroa-ru:

(This photo was not taken with my flash, FYI)

After my encounter with the angry gods, I thought it might be in my best interests to high-tail it out of there! So, instead, I set sail with pirates! Fantasmic was just starting when I got in line (which is the perfect time to get on, because there isn't hardly anyone in line).

This is when I noticed that Disney had to have done something to the Davy Jones projection, because I noticed it was absolutely crystal clear!

(and while you can watch the video here, I recommend going to YouTube, and watching it in High Quality, so you can best see how clear it was. And even then, the video does not do it justice.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=IFMUOrtAdsg

After, I decided to sneak in around the back to get a spot for the 10:30p show of Fantasmic!, but, had to wait for the crowds to clear out after the fireworks, first. So, I stayed around for those, too. Once there was a big enough clearing, I zeroed in on my spot, and took claim to it. I was nice and close to the front; and since I'm so tall, I had no issues seeing over heads to watch the show.

While I was sitting there, I started looking around, and who do I see? Hilsbro, again! And now he's with Dreamer20K, lovedisney33, and someone else, who I never got their name. ld33 had to leave, apparently, which then freed up a little more space for me. Ok, it didn't, but now Troy had more legroom. We entertained ourselves until the show's start, watching random videos on Troy's phone, and going on about many things. And then, it was time for the show to start!

And now its time for me to go now.

(I'm meeting family today for the afternoon, and need to get ready)

To be continued...

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    While I was sitting there, I started looking around, and who do I see? Hilsbro, again! And now he's with Dreamer20K, lovedisney33, and someone else, who I never got their name. ld33 had to leave, apparently, which then freed up a little more space for me. Ok, it didn't, but now Troy had more legroom. We entertained ourselves until the show's start, watching random videos on Troy's phone, and going on about many things. And then, it was time for the show to start!
    1. It was fun hanging out with you before Fantasmic!
    2. No one ever knows her >< That was Leanne AKA DisneyGirl52
    3. Yeah thanks to his newly found legroom I lost my pillow -__- He is so beyond useless, I don't know why I hang out with him. (Just kidding Troy <3)
    4. That second video was so weird...
    5. YAY DR HORRIBLE FAN. The only person I know who likes Dr Horrible only watched it because I kept going on about it.
    6. YAY FANTASMIC

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Great stuff and I'm a sucker for beautiful night shots. Well done! Good to see mini-Harold, too.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    1. It was fun hanging out with you before Fantasmic!
    2. No one ever knows her >< That was Leanne AKA DisneyGirl52
    3. Yeah thanks to his newly found legroom I lost my pillow -__- He is so beyond useless, I don't know why I hang out with him. (Just kidding Troy <3)
    4. That second video was so weird...
    5. YAY DR HORRIBLE FAN. The only person I know who likes Dr Horrible only watched it because I kept going on about it.
    6. YAY FANTASMIC
    Hooray Dr. Horrible and Fantasmic!!!

Yeah, Troy's weird, but, that's why we all like him, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
    Great stuff and I'm a sucker for beautiful night shots. Well done! Good to see mini-Harold, too.
    Ooh, thanks! Long-live mini-Harold!!

I'll try to put up more tonight, after work. I'd love to get this finished up, but life just keeps interrupting!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-18-2009 at 11:58 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    The night shots are beautiful. I completely missed that tree along the trail to Big Thunder Ranch. It looks gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing that with us.

And big props for the photos of Tomasina. The Tomorrowland Terrace bands are a great way to enjoy an evening at Disneyland. Stellar is my personal fave, but they're all enjoyable to watch and listen to.
    Aww... you've gone and made me

Yeah, that tree is one of my absolute favs of all the Christmas decorations. One year, none of the other lights along Big Thunder Trail were on, so it was completely dark, with the exception of that tree. Can you say BEAUTIFUL???? It was the most amazing thing, and I wish I could see that again, but doubt that would ever happen.

I've only seen Suburban Legends and Tomasina, so far, and both were so much fun! However, I must say I enjoyed the Ska of Suburban Legends a little more. Plus, they have a trombone! *swoons* (I played trombone for a while, and it is one of my favorite instruments)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Okay, time for Fantasmic! pictures! And I didn't use my tripod for these, even though Brooke (Dreamer20K) and Troy (Hilsbro) thought I should. You just don't have the freedom of motion and adaptability that you do free-hand.

His most-awesomeness, King Louie!

They now offer a Fantasmic!-light version, so we now skip ahead to Pinocchio:

And on to Never Neverland:

Spoiler
    Hmm... is it me, or is there something there that Peter has that he shouldn't? Or, rather- two somethings?

And, now for the frilly, girly part of the show :

Uh oh... who invited the party crashers? It had to be Dark Lady! There's no one else I can think of who would conjure up the forces of evil amidst so much happiness!

(And darn him for, not only allowing it, but helping them along!)

Very dramatic lighting

OMG! How'd she do that?!?!?!?

And, since this is Fantasmic!-light, we now see Maleficent has already turned herself into a fierce pole-covered-in-rags-that-just-happens-to-also-breathe-fire-and-have-a-dragon's-head!!

She's on this new crash diet, that just burns the fat (and everything else!) off, in a flash!

Yeah, you show 'em, Mickey!!

Sparkly, twirly things!

And what does one do after destroying the wicked forces of the nether-regions? Twirl ribbons and pom-poms in the air, of course!

Okay, okay... and maybe have some fuegos artificiales.

And, the finale to the show, with the same recommendation as before: go to YouTube and watch in high-quality for best possible results.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=QD5EsKpxG6Y

After the show, Brooke only had a little while longer before she had to leave, so we headed down Main Street, stopping in Disneyana for a short while to browse. Ugh, if only I had money to spare! The things I would buy...

It was then that the rest of the group decided to leave, so I bid them farewell, and goodnight. And then high-tailed it up to small world to get some facade shots!

Gee, Disney management sure is finding all sorts of money to outfit so many things with hyperdrives!

Yo, yo- wuzzup, homie?

And, of course, I just had to get video of the clock show and projector show!
    (Again, I recommend going to YouTube and watching the video in high-quality, if you can, for the best, well... quality.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=nzRUAyTEZ8I

I then packed up my tripod and rode iasw again. I love this ride! Thank you Walt and Mary!

Once I got off of the ride, the park was closed, so I headed towards Main Street to take full advantage of the one additional hour, for "your shopping convenience".

The mighty Matterhorn Mountain!

Pixie Hollow

Snow White's Grotto

Tomorrowland

Ooh! Sparklzs!!

Main Street, U.S.A.

Der Tannenbaum von Disneyland

Plaza Pavillion

The Penny Arcade (which was missing its penny, due to the Main Street garlands)

A little crooked, I know, but its so hard to tell when taking the picture!

The beautiful snowflake sculptures above the turnstiles:

(And this one turned out to be the last picture I took of them for the 2008 Christmas season at Disneyland)

I then took the short walk back to my hotel, and crashed for the night. I set my alarm for semi-early, about 7:30a, but didn't cooperate until 8:00a, the next morning.

And thus concludes Day 1!!!

Coming up: Day 2!

To be continued...
    I promise there will be an end to this... eventually.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-15-2009 at 08:38 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I should be able to get some more done tonight. That's what hoping, anyways.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

dland_lover - Thank you for posting ALL of these shots and videos. I really appreciate the effort it took to put all of these together. The last couple of sets of night shots are really nice, especially those of the castle! Great job on these!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast