Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Bucket List Car

Re: 1/2 & 1/3 - My two day escape to the Happiest Place on Earth

Very nice job on this report. I love your pictures. You take nice night shots. I also loved the videos. And you're right, Davey Jones does look much clearer. I got to experience it myself back in Sept.

Anyway, carry on!

p.s. 'penguin lady' ??

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    dland_lover - Thank you for posting ALL of these shots and videos. I really appreciate the effort it took to put all of these together. The last couple of sets of night shots are really nice, especially those of the castle! Great job on these!
    Oh my gosh... hearing this from you means so much! Thank you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    Very nice job on this report. I love your pictures. You take nice night shots. I also loved the videos. And you're right, Davey Jones does look much clearer. I got to experience it myself back in Sept.

Anyway, carry on!

p.s. 'penguin lady' ??
    Thanks so much!

And n/m about the penguin lady. I did some searching and who I thought I saw wasn't actually who I saw. So... nothing happened here. This is not the droid you are looking for... *waves hand around like a Jedi*
    if you really want to know, you can do a search for her, on MC

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Like I said before, I didn't get out of bed quite as early as I had hoped, but that's what staying up until 1:30a, after getting up the day before at 5:30a, after only 6 hours of sleep, will do to you. Hey, I just realized I had two nights in a row that I only got 6 hours of sleep... and one of them was after a full day at Disneyland. It was so worth it, though. Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, the Happiest Place on Earth, is always worth it.

Anyways, moving on- I went up to the complimentary breakfast, which wasn't much, but I wasn't expecting much, anyways, and brought it back to my room, where I had put a pot of coffee on before I went up. Um... yeah. That coffee was nasty. But the danish, muffin and orange juice were good. I gathered my stuff together, loaded it in my car, checked out, and then headed to the parking garage er, uh... structure. Yeah... structure. I said nothing unsanctioned by Disney. ... Ever.

I had to get some daytime shots of the castle. You know, its just one of those things that you absolutely HAVE to do every time you go to Disneyland.

Notice the banners from the 50th? I really like them, and think that they compliment the castle best, out of all that have been put up since the 50th. I was very happy to see them.

It was on into Fantasyland to ride Pinocchio, as I hadn't ridden it since Foulfellow was repainted. What a difference!!! This ride needs to be repainted, through and through. Probably the other dark rides, too. What a difference it makes!

And now for a few semi-blurry, non-flash, on-ride photos!

And this is to emphasize what a fresh coat of paint can do. Who do you see here, and who don't you see here? Notice the difference? Yeah... please repaint the rest of the attraction, Disney.

Walking to iasw, I noticed some not-so-giant ducks outside of Storybook Land. I had originally taken this shot, and had some other ideas, so as to put an Animaniacs spin on my trip report, but it didn't happen. These were supposed to be the Goodfellows arriving a little late for Halloween. Great costumes, though!

And up at small world...

Again, I just love these ornaments.

And the new boats have grown on me. Especially since they're more comfortable. Sure, better color combinations could have been picked, but its not so bad in person (IMO). And I don't care, now, that they're made out of plastic. They seem to hold up better. But, we'll see as time wears on.

Instead of taking more still pictures inside, I decided to take some moving pictures. And don't forget to check out the HQ version on YouTube... blah blah blah. Something about nicer picture, or something? IDK.

Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=SWB9udOb7i8

Part 2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=ooDA2VshnOM

Heading into ToonTown, now, since I had conquered my shyness towards the characters, decided to do something I hadn't done since ToonTown was brand new, which brings us to one more thing that no MiceChatter has ever seen: me with Mickey Mouse (and the tour of his home beforehand, taken by me)!!

And, yes- I used a flash for these. Not much to spoil with it here, especially when all the other 5 people in line were doing the same. :/

That's one fast doggie!

Aww... "family" photos, including one with Walt.

They certainly put a lot of cute touches in here...

Yay! We're getting close!

Silly props for Silly Symphonies

Watch it! Those don't look very safe... one could fall on you any minute now...

Reminds me of the 50th movie in the Opera House.

I totally loved how your final wait is in the movie screening room. I was really amused by the commentary and interactions from Goofy and Donald! They had me laughing so badly!

And now for an amusing anecdote: I'm rather tall. Mickey isn't. So, I walk up onto the platform, say how nice it is to meet him, and we shake hands. He then proceeds to tilt his head back really far, looking up at me, and staying like that for a while, shaking his head afterwards. And, to top it off, stands on the tip of his toes, putting his hand up an my shoulder, trying to be taller. I gladly obliged, and slouched down a little bit. Everyone in the room was busting up laughing!

Photopass pic:

And then the one from my camera:

I thanked Mickey very much for getting to meet him and have my picture taken with him, and he blew me a kiss. I'm still not sure how to take that one.

Regardless, I left there super happy- I MET MICKEY MOUSE!!! I celebrated by going on Gadget's Go Coaster, while singing the Rescue Rangers' theme song while walking through the line. I sing when I'm happy.

Roger had a short wait, so I went on it. Great ride, adapted from a great movie!

I wanted to take the train, and seeing as how it was just getting into the station, I bolted up. I got to ride in the caboose, which I'd never done before, and recorded my trip from ToonTown Station to Tomorrowland Station, putting the camera on the window sill. I think it worked rather well, and want to get the rest of the route this same way.

I couldn't get up here- the door was locked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=mG268gm8I6I
    Higher quality, yadda yadda... I think you get the idea.

Now its time, to say good night, to all our company... for now anyways. There should just be one more part to this, honest!

To be continued...
    Last edited by dland_lover; 01-20-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Wow, those two girls on the first page are tiny!!

wonderful pictures. those were great

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    Wow, those two girls on the first page are tiny!!
    Especially when they're put next to someone who is freakishly tall.

Quote Originally Posted by cheshire kat View Post
    wonderful pictures. those were great
    Thanks!

• Bucket List Car

Keep up the good work. I loved your IASW video. I haven't been on that ride in 20 years, and the last two times I have been at DL, it was down for the Christmas overlay. Nice job. Looking forward to more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Okay, time to wrap this thing up, already!

After hopping off of the train, I wandered through Tomorrowland, and spied with my little eye, something clean and white...

(Hooray for a clean Space Mountain!)

The line was most definitely too long, as were all the lines in Tomorrowland. So, I just meandered out towards the hub, all the while wanting so badly to take a nice, relaxing trip on the Peoplemover again. How I miss it!

Since I was by myself, I thought it would be a good idea to check in on Dr. Jones, using the Single Rider line.

This was new when I was there. It has since been reported here on MiceChat.

And, while waiting just past the film room, behind a wheelchair and its entourage, I noticed a very clever homage...

I now ventured through New Orleans Square, and yet again, Haunted Mansion Holiday had a ridiculous wait. Good thing I'm not overly fond of it. :/

Having failed at that, I wanted to try for my second Animaniacs idea. Which falls into the category of: "Good Idea, Bad Idea". I didn't get a pic for the "Good Idea" (which is why this whole idea kept falling apart), but this is the caption I would've used:

Good Idea:
    [insert pic of me drinking a cold bottle of water]

Having a nice, refreshing beverage.

Bad Idea:

Wearing a nice, refreshing beverage.

Now out of my little world of insanity (for now ), I chose to go on Pooh. Why? It RARELY has a wait, and today was no exception. But, upon entering the line, I spotted Brer Fox wandering around through Critter Country. So, out of the line I went. Other guests would flag him down, get their pic taken, and he would move on. I followed him, and I looked, quite obviously, like I wanted my picture taken with him. But, he kept on blowing me off. So, I finally ask someone to take my picture, asking loud enough for him to hear, too, and he still tromps off into the distance.

I gave up on him after that. He only seemed interested in giving Winnie the Pooh (who was doing meet-and-greets) a hard time. Fine. Be that way.

I was now officially miffed, and forgot about riding Pooh. I just went on my way, back up through Frontierland.

I saw a small closed off section on the bridge over Big Thunder Pond.

What could be the reason for this?

Apparently, not much.

It was now that I ran into Brooke (Dreamer20K), and her friend, who was not feeling very well. I wished them well, and kept moving on into Fantasyland. All the lines were too long, and I wanted to find Peter Pan. I really want to get my picture taken with him (he's one of my favorite Disney characters). I looked around a bit, and wandered over to Snow White's Wishing Well, but didn't find him anywhere.

But I did find an unwelcome guest, which I'll get to in a second.

This next part is in honor of a fellow MiceChatter, who got in trouble for no real reason (here on the boards, not in the park) for something his kids noticed. Go figure. But, they are obviously trained well in the ways of the Jedi.

DIRTY FISH!!!!!

And the other figures were looking dirty, too.

I have one thing to say.

EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[okay, mini-rant over]

An artsy-type shot of the Castle:

It was lunch time, and I was quite hungry. So, I opted for a corn dog. YUM! *drools*

I sat down in Coke Corner to listen to some Ragtime piano while I ate, but as soon as I got there, he left to go on break. :/ Oh well. I still enjoyed the slightly removed setting of Coke Corner to eat and relax. While eating, I noticed Bert and Mary were at the Plaza Pavilion, taking photos with guests. I wanted to get my pic taken with them, so I hurried through the rest of my lunch. But, determined shortly after finishing, that it may not be the best thing to walk up to them, having corn dog breath, and greasy hands from said food. Maybe some other time.

I now ventured over into California Adventure. And I never noticed this clock on top of the Gone Hollywood store. Cool!

However, both sides of the clock had the wrong time. And not just running a little slow, but they had clearly stopped working some time ago.

And this next part is for the fans of World of Motion, from Epcot.

And while I was in a monster-frame-of-mind, I went on Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!

Eye see you!

And this is, again, an example of a ride that is a lot darker than it appears!

It made me dance like a chicken!

Boo- we gotta get you home!

There's a kid here... a human kid!

Come on! This way!!

"I hate working nights!" ... "Yeah, nothing exciting ever happens!"

Hurry up, Sulley! Hurry up!! I've got Boo's door set up on the Scare Floor!

I hope I make the evening news!

What do you mean I didn't file my paperwork??

Such a cute ride!

Tower of Terror had a short wait, so I hopped on it, and decided to try my non-flash photography skills out while waiting in line.

Okay, that was easy enough.

Scary dragon sconces!!

The tapestry above the fireplace.

And a close-up of the above light.

Scary-spooky boiler room.

That was fun! Now its time to check out the Pier!

Gone, but not forgotten...

Awesome construction markings!! Woohoo World of Color!!

And then I decided to use the Single Rider line on Midway Mania. My score is on the left:

Eh.. the usual. Someday I will break 200K!!

Crazy scaffolding for the change over to Mickey's Fun Wheel. Notice the ever progressing paint (which by now- 1/19/09- is even further along than this).

And the same goes for the Games of the Boardwalk- more work has been done since I took these photos. Still, you can see the basic shape for the new facades... sort of.

I moseyed on over to the Route 66 gift... thing, looking for some green light-up drumsticks for a friend of mine. He's been looking for them for months now, and can never find the green ones. Well, after asking about them, and the CM scrounging around through the stock, they found them! (He was real happy when I gave them to him a couple days later). While there, I also got a Mickey hat, with monogramming, for a former-workmate. Everyone in her family, but her youngest son, had a pair, and she asked me if I'd get them. No problem, of course.

And I really like the new bags! Although its still the castle in the clouds, at least its our castle, and not that weird combo-castle they were using for YoaMD.

And, now on the North side of the Pier, it was time for more Sun/Fun Wheel pictures!

Here you can see the contrast between the old color scheme, and the new one. Um.. yeah. The new colors are MUCH improved!

No more Sun face.

And more World of Color construction markings:

The ones in this picture are hard to see, but nonetheless, its still cool to be able to see the base to the Orange Stinger.

Across the "bay".

Its the Happiest Port-a-Potties on Earth!! And they come with a nifty little sink-thing!

I wanted to go back to Disneyland again, before I left, so I darted back over there.

By now, my memory has failed me as to what else I did. But I know it wasn't much, as I was TIRED!! But, I managed to catch the tail end of the Mary Poppins show in front of the Castle.

And one shot of Mary. Too bad she wasn't looking my way.

And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, that brings us to the end of this trip report! I hope you enjoyed it.

And now for the long-awaited link to the Flickr album these are in!
    Feel free to help yourself to any of the pictures in my album. I just ask that they not be used for commercial purposes, and that, if you post them elsewhere on the internet, or otherwise share them, that you give proper credit to me, and provide a link to the Flickr album.

Disneyland Trip 01/02/09-01/03/09

(And if this link isn't working, for some reason, here's the address. Just copy and paste (from "http://" down, ignoring the "[/url]") into your browser's address bar.

[/url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/plokmnij/sets/72157612173334004/

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Tom, there was a loose blank on the bridge behind Big Thunder, that's why the cloth funnel was there .

Love your pictures of Monster's Inc.!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Tom, there was a loose blank on the bridge behind Big Thunder, that's why the cloth funnel was there .

Love your pictures of Monster's Inc.!
    Ok, thanks. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure it out.

Hmm... MonstersGoBoo! likes the pictures of Monsters... there's a big surprise! I think I'm going to have a heart attack, from NOT-SURPRISE!!!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Hmm... MonstersGoBoo! likes the pictures of Monsters... there's a big surprise! I think I'm going to have a heart attack, from NOT-SURPRISE!!!
    Hardy har har.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Great report! Thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Great report! Thanks!
    My pleasure! And thank you!

• Picturing the Magic

Yay, time to check out your Flickr page...finally

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
    Yay, time to check out your Flickr page...finally
    I know, it only took 14 days to get here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234