• ...TWO BITS!

EPCOT's Journey track layout in DCA?

I wasn't sure how to phrase the question for this title's thread.

But anyways, out of curiousity, would anyone know if EPCOT's old Journey into Imagination track layout perhaps might fit into DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot's Animation building?

Just forget that anything is in that structure (that means theaters, stores, etc). If it was completely gutted from the inside, would there be enough room to fit the track layout?

Or at the least, perhaps Journey's ride system in this structure?

Kind of an odd request, but THANKS!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: EPCOT's Journey track layout in DCA?

I do not think it would. Just a quick glance on Google Maps it looks like the Journey into Imagination building is about 350' x 200'. The Animation Building looks to be around 250' x 175'. That is a very quick guess using my fingers to measure.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I do not think it would. Just a quick glance on Google Maps it looks like the Journey into Imagination building is about 350' x 200'. The Animation Building looks to be around 250' x 175'. That is a very quick guess using my fingers to measure.
    Psssst...maps.live.com offers better aerial photos of Disneyland, and you can measure distances exactly, too...

The Imagination Pavilion doesn't just house Journey into Imagination - it also houses Imageworks and HISTA. Ever since they took out the giant turntable part of the attraction, the ride lost 40% of the track.

Are you talking about the old layout with the turntable, or the new one in which they just removed the turntable and "connected the dots" with the track? The new one doesn't take nearly as much space as it used to since Imageworks was moved downstairs and the queue area now extend into what was ride space.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Psssst...maps.live.com offers better aerial photos of Disneyland, and you can measure distances exactly, too...
    Thanks for that. I keep forgetting that Live Maps now works in Safari.
    So, with that.
    Animation Building: 243' x 153'
    Imagination Pavilion: 298' x 216'

• ...TWO BITS!

Thanks for the measurements.

I was thinking of the old track layout rather than the new one. But let me know if the new track layout may fit.

Otherwise, would it be possible to still use the same vehicle technology but a different layout to fit inside the Animation building??

I was disappointed to learn yesterday WDI decided to cut part of the track and make it shorter to add ImageWorks. I only went to EPCOT once in 2002. Also, in the new version of the ride, the cars stop a few times. So I assume it's a slightly different technology than the original Omnimover ride system??

THANKS for all your replies

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    Thanks for the measurements.

I was thinking of the old track layout rather than the new one. But let me know if the new track layout may fit.

Otherwise, would it be possible to still use the same vehicle technology but a different layout to fit inside the Animation building??

I was disappointed to learn yesterday WDI decided to cut part of the track and make it shorter to add ImageWorks. I only went to EPCOT once in 2002. Also, in the new version of the ride, the cars stop a few times. So I assume it's a slightly different technology than the original Omnimover ride system??

THANKS for all your replies
    The original was not an Omnimover, it used the same ride vehicles. The vehicles turned and "stopped" at the turntable. I don't know about other stops that were done along the way.

Yes, it uses the exact same technology as the old version of the ride, just without the turntable. From my understanding, the old turntable was a maintenance nightmare, so unfortunately it got the ax. Interestingly enough, it is still intact within the pavilion, albeit unusable. You can actually tell where the boarding "pit" was for the track of the older version. If you are near the stairway to the old Imageworks entrance, you may notice areas where the floor slightly sounds hollow and the material on the floor folds down slightly - this is where it was.

But I digress. You probably could fit the old ride into the DCA building with slight modifications.

• ...TWO BITS!

thanks again for replies

Was World of Motion omnimover? keep in mind, i'm going by youtube videos. only been to epcot once in 2002. but thanks for the tips

-Jurassic Park