Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• /sigh

Missing Tiki pole?

I was at DL on Friday night and noticed that the entire Tiki pole with them climbing men on Jungle Cruise was missing. Anyone know what happened, or know when it's coming back, if not already?

The rhino was still going...it looked weird..and the skipper made some lame joke about it...
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Still wants to be a cat!

I hope they will return, I'll miss those guys!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• That's Hawt

Im sure they would ... I don't think that they would leave the Rhino if they wern't ... probablly just going through a rehab.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• e komo mai

Maybe they're preparing to install the Eisner, Pressler and Harris AA's on the pole. That would be sweeeeet.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Maybe they're preparing to install the Eisner, Pressler and Harris AA's on the pole. That would be sweeeeet.
    Why AA's?

Might have something to do with the rain.

• /sigh

Good one!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Baybeh!

One can only hope

• Banned User

Rolling on the floor.. laughing my a$$ off.... hehe

Thats a good one... but i thought that eisner decided to not do it due to he would do it himself for more money...........

• Minion

i heard from a friend that works jungle that they took the tiki pole down.....im sure they wouldnt take it out completely and just leave the rhino there cuz that would look just dumb.....but jungle is going down for rehab pretty soon and so maybe that was one of their projects they need to be working on....the tiki pole must be falling apart or something and maybe it was noticeable....
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

refurb schedule subject to change without notice

02/28/2005 - 05/03/2005 Jungle Cruise

you SO deserve some mojo reputation points...but, i must spread it around before i can give you more.

shhh, don't tell anyone, here's some anyway +++++++++++++++++++++

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by MinionLumbo
    you SO deserve some mojo reputation points...but, i must spread it around before i can give you more.

shhh, don't tell anyone, here's some anyway +++++++++++++++++++++
    Thank you very much.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Thanks GC, I needed a good laugh today

• something else...

DOWN 'TIL MAY THIRD? Good grief. That extra wall better not be all that they're adding to that ride. I'm excited to see my favorite ride in all of its newness.

I was talking to Maynard (the world's greatest Cast Member) and he was telling me how the spiels have all been standardized. It makes me so sad. The guns coming back was a plus, but the spiels leaving is sad. I like going on and getting different cast members each time and hearing something different from each of them. But alas, no more. And Maynard's shying away from the JC because of that reason. The CMs are also becoming victim of "landlocking" and he lost a ton of his attractions in the lock. At least he'll be back in the Tiki Room soon. Oh how I love his energy.

Does anyone know anything else about the JC refurb?
    Is the addition of the wall even true?

"Here's one last joke for all of you psychics out there...alright have a good day."
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• The Uber Film Geek

Does anyone know anything else about the JC refurb?
    Is the addition of the wall even true?
    Yep, the wall is true.

Most of the AA's are getting refurbed, and a lot of the vegetation will be cleaned up with landscape repair. I also seem to recall a report that the older African Queen style of the ride would return, but don't quote me on that.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast