Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Why does Walt Disney World gets marketed more on tv then Disneyland?

While things may change, it still seems to hold true that while Disneyland is marketed more west of the Rockies, WDW gets most of the ads east of the Rockies and on national old network and cable network broadcasts.

And the Super Bowl MVPs, to the best of my knowledge, still record lines for both resorts...and the ads are shown the next day along the same guidelines.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• 1st visit 1975

Has anyone noticed the use of DLR footage in WDW commercials? The snowman christmas spot was entirely DLR with a WDW logo and tag line. The Indiana Jones ride was a clue. Another scene that pops up alot is Mickey and a little girl skipping out of the castle into the hub viewed from inside the castle. This shot used to be everywhere at WDW, the problem is it's DLR! You can't do that in Florida because you have to use ramps left or right. There doesn't seem to be any care taken for matching the footage to the park. I think the national commercials are being made by the XYZ ad company and approved by Jay, who barely knows which states he has parks in.

• Banned User

Good lord. That's ridiculous. Putting the Indy ride in an ad for WDW is particularly egregious. There's more than enough great stuff that can be filmed at WDW for a WDW commercial. Pretty lazy marketing, if you ask me.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    That is the old business plan. As DLR continues to become more of a destination and make more money it will get more ad dollars. They're not spending all this money on resort expansion just for locals.
    They didn't spend all that money making DCA just for locals, but, well, that's what happened.
    Same thing will happen for DCA expansion. Just a bigger AP Lounge. There is only one way for it not to be the AP Lounge.....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123