Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Why does Walt Disney World gets marketed more on tv then Disneyland?

Why does Walt Disney World gets more marketed on tv than Disneyland?

Re: Why does Walt Disney World gets marketed more on tv then Disneyland?

Walt Disney World has alot less locals that come to the park. Most or all of WDW guest come from out of town on trips.

• Shablagoo!

More hotel rooms in Orlando. And what MickeyMoose said.

• Sock Puppet

^^^^^^^

Add to those:

More ways to "capture" guests' money at WDW.

It takes just a 2 minute drive to get "off property" at DL.

Not so with WDW...

• Banned User

Disneyland Resort gets a ton of business from locals (especially annual pass holders) and Disney seems to be content with that. Also, with four parks, visitors to WDW tend to stay longer -- usually a week or more.

Personally, I'm not at all sure that this is the smartest business plan, but it seems that they are happy with it.

• Senior Minion

It make more money, pretty simple.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Also depends on where you live. Chances are your not going to see too many Disneyland ads on the east coast, and the amount probably increases as you move west whereas WDW probably has more of a global marketing campaign for the reasons stated above.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Disneyland Resort gets a ton of business from locals (especially annual pass holders) and Disney seems to be content with that. Also, with four parks, visitors to WDW tend to stay longer -- usually a week or more.

Personally, I'm not at all sure that this is the smartest business plan, but it seems that they are happy with it.
    That is the old business plan. As DLR continues to become more of a destination and make more money it will get more ad dollars. They're not spending all this money on resort expansion just for locals.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

That's true, Uncle Bob. Once the new attractions open at DCA, it's likely that park will become more of a draw as well. As a result, DLR will do a better job of living up to it's new status as a "resort". I suppose eventually they are looking at a third gate, too, although I think they really should improve all their existing parks before building yet another one.

• Grim Grinning

I don't remember the last time I saw a Disneyland commercial, it's always WDW.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    That's true, Uncle Bob. Once the new attractions open at DCA, it's likely that park will become more of a draw as well. As a result, DLR will do a better job of living up to it's new status as a "resort". I suppose eventually they are looking at a third gate, too, although I think they really should improve all their existing parks before building yet another one.
    Well, that seems to be the plan. Fix DCA and TL before starting on the third gate. If they don't make DCA more of a draw before they build a third gate I fear DCA would be an absolute ghost town and DL would be really packed all the time.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Well, most of the national commercials are actually Disney Parks commercials now. Also, there was DL commercials running all the time for Christmas.
    -Walt Disney

• Now, where were we?

The only times I can remember seeing a Disneyland commercial was when I lived in California. Even in Colorado people seemed under the impression that Walt Disney World was the only Disney destination.

That made me sad.

• Banned User

That is a huge problem.

Most people don't know about the DLR.

• Minion

I'm a local O.C. boy and I always c Dland comercails even when I went to Colorodo and Nevada! Honstestly whenever my family stays at the Dland Hotel (we live 15 minutes away from Dland but it's just fun to do stuff) everyone is either from Northern Ca, Nevada, Coloraodo, Oregan, Washington, Arizona, New Mex, Texas, Ohio, and so forth. Never anyone in the south east area! Wonder why? Cough Cough WDW! And everytime I'm even in the parks I see ppl from New Zealand and Austallia! One time there was this family, two boys two girls, from like 3-8 who'd gone to WDW the year before but only to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. They said they liked Disneyland resort better cause Dland was better for the family and had more Dark rides for the little kids and such and they didnt like epcot cause the kids wern't interested but they love DCA with a bugs land, PPP, Mike and Sully to the rescue, and such. THe only thing they liked at Epcot was Sorin and TTWC and I told them they had it at DCA too! I also told him we have FNSV wich was a better version of Epcots. I told them come back in 3 years and they'll love it!

BTW my cousin in kentucky sees DLAND comercails.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast