Exclamation New California Screamin Idea

Hey guys! I was thinking about a possible screamin retheme. I was thinking they could theme it to Night on Bald Mountain with the Chernabog. The new soundtrack could be the title song and the new enclosed queue could be themed either an abandoned pier boathouse where the chernabog has taken residence or a gothic looking victorian building. The story could be that the chernabog has taken residence up at paradise pier.They could add a show scene where riders come face to face with the chernabog at the beginning before the launch and at the end. i will post more ideas as i get them. tell me what you guys think.

Re: New California Screamin Idea

Eh.... =/

• Banned User

No. California Adventure is getting just the right mixture of non-Disney stuff and Disney stuff. We don't want it turning into Disney Hollywood Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    No. California Adventure is getting just the right mixture of non-Disney stuff and Disney stuff. We don't want it turning into Disney Hollywood Studios.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I believe DHS is made up of mostly non Disney based attractions.

Star Tours
    Great Movie Ride
    Mupets (debatable)
    Backlot Tour
    Lights Motor Action
    Indian Jones
    Tower of Terror/Twilight Zone
    Rocking Roller Coaster/Aerosmith
    American Idol
    Sounds Dangerous

Also you may want to look at the new entrance concept art again
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

I'm not sure what Chernabog and ghosts rising from the grave have to do with a victorian woodie on a pier. Screamin' has to remain themed to an old woodie because there really isn't a way to disguise the massive structure as something else. Also, there really isn't enough time or space to develop any scenes on the actual ride, so even with the wildest of preshows, you are still going to feel like you are on an old woodie after the launch because that's what you see all around you.

The only idea I can come up with for disguising it would mean a massive retheme of Paraide Pier to actually be themed to the Pacific Ocean floor. Once you pass beyond Burger Invasion/Pacific Wharf, the area would look like the ocean floor with seaweed and sea life stretching up, limiting your view of the outside. The coaster would be disguised as old underwater pylons and sections of reef. Then you can retheme Screamin to The Jet Stream with fish-like cars that ride the waves through sections of the giant reef.

And even that would still be very presentational and not totally immersive due the views.

The show would have nothing pertaining to the ghost aspect of the short. A story could be that the chernabog came to Paradise Pier to wreak havoc on its guests. As guests ride enter the abandoned boathouse, they hear the sounds of the creature. The guests walk on a dock insides that extends over the flooded boathouse. Some glass windows are broken and some holes are blown through the wall as if something hinting that something monstrous has been inside. Quests board the train. It pulls forward into darkness. There is dead silence and then they hear a horrific roar. The soundtrack begins to play as a the monstrous head of the chernabog appears right next to them illuminated by flame. The train launches out of the new cave into the bay and goes over the first hill. The riders now must escape the wrath of the chernabog. as the score plays, they hear roars over the speakers. the ride is then pretty much the same until the last helix after the picture where the enter rear of the new building where they thunder pass one last chernabog animatronic who swips down at riders in one last attempt before they return to the queue safely.

• Minion

But I don't think that Chernabog has any thematic sense at a Victorian Pier!!! All of these ideas are really really good, but I don't think that Paradise Pier is the right spot for them. Maybe if Disney decides to do a Villian Land, then this would be a really fun attraction. It would also make more sense!!! Great thinking though!!!

I thought it could maybe work since he is there to terrorize the pier. Toy Story doesnt really fit in to a victorian pier so they made them host midway games. A tornado with all mickey characters for the swings wouldnt been seen in. they were goin to theme the coaster to villains and that is just as random as the chernabog.the only ways these things work is if they are tied in to the rides. I guess those fit better than this but I thought it could still maybe work. guess not haha

• ...TWO BITS!

i hate the rumor of CA Screamin getting a Disney villains theme.

better off with Mulholland Madness/ Wild Mouse Coaster getting the villain theme vs Goofy's Sky School because 1) Doesn't take up a huge footprint 2) CA Screamin is themed as a woodie, leave as such or close to it 3) a wild mouse villains coaster sounds more inspired by the haunted house dark rides of carnivals or piers, or it would match better. 4) thus more opportunity as a dark ride for more stunning show elements/ SFX.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Just add a RHCP soundtrack and it would be 100 times better.