Fantasmic Seating Tips

Boy was I so glad to find out that on my birthday this Sat that DL is going to show Fantasmic! Yay me. I haven't been in so long so I wanted some tips for the viewing because I wanna enjoy my time looking at the show instead of going on my tippie toes to look over people's shoulders or heads to see the show.
    LEt's say for the 9 oclock showing, should I seat myself along the riverbank at what time, an hour, two hours early? I don't mind the wait, I can just munch on dinner food. Any tips would be great!
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: Fantasmic Seating Tips

I'd say catch the 10:30 P.M showing. It is a lot less crowded. To get a good spot, show up around 9:45 P.M, so that you only have to wait 45 minutes instead of the 4 hours for the 9 PM showing.

• aka the scorpion eater!

I second that.. if there are 2 showings go for the second one... always! Its less crowded and just better IMO! Since it gives time for crowds to die and clear out then you can get a really good spot!

• ...TWO BITS!

ditto.

traffic wise - they funnel most people into frontierland and funnel most out to adventureland. stay to your right

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Legends never die...

Depending on whether or not... wait there are no fireworks. Nevermind. If there WERE fireworks, I usually book it from the hub right at the end, and am usually able to find sitting only spots smack dab in the middle. Not sure what time is a good time to get there not based on the fireworks. Probably 9:45 like Dan suggested. The only downside to the 10:30 showing is the Jazz band doesn't perform beforehand, if that is even a "downside" for you. Good luck!

• always, the freaky cat

Holiday crowds are gone, and the park isn't quite as crowded. Here's what I'd do:

First, check the show guide to see if there are two showings. I'm going to Disneyland Friday, and Disneyland closes at 10:00. Will there be a 2nd showing? I'm not sure.

If there are two showings, then the second showing will definitely have less people, and therefore I don't think I would bother arriving early at all. I would arrive no more than 15 minutes before showtime, finding a spot somewhere over by the Haunted Mansion, in front of the western-most mist screen (the one farthest to the left)

I WOULD arrive early if:
    • I was part of a large group that wanted to sit together
    • I wanted a particular spot, like in the first row by the river
    • There is only one showing

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    I'd say catch the 10:30 P.M showing. It is a lot less crowded. To get a good spot, show up around 9:45 P.M, so that you only have to wait 45 minutes instead of the 4 hours for the 9 PM showing.
    I agree and if you don't mind standing during the show, there is a perfect view on the bridge above POTC.

• always, the freaky cat

Friday night's Fantasmic showings were cancelled due to high winds, which are again predicted for this evening. Keep that in mind, especially if you feel the need to stake out a seat early.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    Friday night's Fantasmic showings were cancelled due to high winds, which are again predicted for this evening. Keep that in mind, especially if you feel the need to stake out a seat early.
    It was very windy last night. And it still is. Bummer if it is so windy that it gets cancelled.

I'm hoping for you...