Thread: Dragons

• I'm not really here

Dragons

A friend of mine recently mentioned that a childhood friend used to visit Disneyland once a year when they were growing up and would always come home with a different plush dragon. She can't remember what they were and I've never heard of anything like this.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm thinking we're looking at late 80s early 90s time for a timeframe.

She specifically stated that her friend got them at Disneyland.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Here Comes Trouble

Re: Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    A friend of mine recently mentioned that a childhood friend used to visit Disneyland once a year when they were growing up and would always come home with a different plush dragon. She can't remember what they were and I've never heard of anything like this.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm thinking we're looking at late 80s early 90s time for a timeframe.

She specifically stated that her friend got them at Disneyland.
    Pete's Dragon?
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Pete's dragon or maybe the dragon from Sleeping Beauty? Can't think of any other movie in the time period that would have a dragon in it...

A different dragon each time? Hmmmm...
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Here Comes Trouble

Wasn't there a dragon in Mulan or is that too recent? When you Google Disney Dragons, you get Mulan, Pete's Dragon and Malificent dragon.
    It may have zippity to do with doo-dah

• I'm not really here

Yeah, her description was rather vague so I'm not really certain. For all I know it could have been some souvenir from medieval times or something.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Might she have been mixing it up with WDW and it was a Figment plush?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Vasooki-land Owner

Hmm.Maybe she bought more than one of each dragon. I love dragons. Or maybe they went to other places, and collected the dragons?
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• For You!

Wasn't the shop just inside the castle arch kind of medieval place? I seem to remember seeing that kind of stuff there a while back.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• I'm not really here

Hmm... it very well could have been Figment. I'm going to have to show her a picture and see her reaction to it.