Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Curiouser

Question about hiring...

I'm sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post this!

So next month (or at least, that's the plan), my friend and I are moving to Anaheim from Seattle just to work at Disneyland, and it's for that reason that makes this move a bit complicated; we're moving when they're hiring. We've called Disney before to see when they're hiring and we're told something different each time, either they're hiring in February or they don't know. And honestly, the people who we talk to aren't very helpful with any questions we ask. :\

So my question is, can any of you tell me when they may be hiring next? We do have enough money to get by if we end up being jobless for a good few months, but we'd really rather not blow our money like that. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Question about hiring...

There are no guarantees. Apparently many departments have lists of folks to call back once positions open up. But business is down and the Disneyland Resort for all intents and purposes is overstaffed.

You can be sure that nothing will change in January. However, as it heads towards mid Feb. I would expect things to change as Disneyland will be to start beefing up their staffing levels for the upcoming Spring Break season. But at this point, the economy is bad all over. Do yourself a favor and have a fallback position. Do not count on Disneyland sustaining you, it's hard even when the economy is good. When you move down to California, get some job to tide you over since there is no guarantee of being hired. There is no need to burn through your nest egg unneccesarily since it is unknown how long it will take to get hired.

But the truth is, nobody knows. If the new promotion is a huge hit, they'll hire earlier. If the economy continues to tumble, they may have enough to last until summer. I don't think anyone is going to commit to a hard date that the company is going to restart hiring.

• Closed Account

DO NOT trust what they say on the hiring line. They lie to you to get you in there to fill out an ap, when in reality you'll be placed on a six-month waiting list.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Honestly. I didn't even plan on going to TDA to look for a job. My mom said go out and look for a job so I drove around a bit and stopped at Disneyland. When I got in they told me that they stopped hiring, but I went through with it anyways and I got the job!

I don't know how that helps you, but just letting you know my experience.

• Still lost in Neverland

My Niece went down to apply for a job at Disneyland in December. This was before Al posted the lastest information on his report on Tuesday. She was told no positions were available right now and that there was a six month waiting list. She was told she could fill out an app on line so that is what she was going to do and hope for the best.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

His niece, my daughter. She filled out the online application and submitted it and then she was told (via email or online or something) that she needed to make an appointment (again online). But she hasn't done that yet because she has been summoned for Jury Duty so that's hanging over her head.

• HauntedOne999

Disney is always hiring... the resort has a very high turn over due to the crappy union contract and the way you get treated by managment. Alot of people in TDA casting are A#!HOLES, I was treated lvery rudely the first couple of time i went before i got hired. Also it depends on what role you are going for. And once your in you are pretty much on your own... if you do get hired talk to as many people as possible to get caught up on things otherwise you can get screwed...

granted I loved working at the park... and I would even volunteer my time to work my old attractions... but area managment is inhuman
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Still lost in Neverland

Did you read Al's Column? Apparently all departments are full right now, even third shift custodial. They actually closed down the hiring office for two weeks during the holidays, something they have never done and now are working with a skeleton crew just there to inform people there is no hiring now and the wait list is 6 months long. So apparently the always hiring rule is not longer in effect, at least for 6 months. Yea the actual job things are the same, but more people were applying because things are so bad in Anaheim. And there seems to be a better quality of person being hired now. But the hourly employee break room and cafeteria are still the pits.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Every department has too many people. In most departments if you arent full time you are back down to maybe 4 or 8 hours a week. All this and the new college program is starting so thats a bunch of new people into all the departments. I know people that have been on the waiting list since september.

• Silent Lucidity

Maybe February 2010 would be a better time to move to Anaheim. I would hate for your dream to get smashed due to the current economic environment. If you are employed in Seattle...

• Sock Puppet

Do IT!

• Nill

Of course this will come to an end because people are getting fed up with the low hours. Sure there aren't too many other jobs out there right now, but the ones that are probably can give more hours. People will be fired too for points etc. They just aren't hiring right now because they way over-hired. Once its back at normal 'amounts' of CMs, then hopefully they will start hiring again. When that occurs is anyones guess.

• Banned User

With all the uncertainty at the resorts as far as hiring goes it might be better to secure the jobs you want and then move down. Anaheim and the surrounding areas tend to be very expensive places to live, and so saving your nest egg might be a better way to go. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Working at Disneyland is a wonderful experience.

• "I Break Things"

Best of luck and hope you make it, all they can do is say "no", and even then they may call you back.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Curiouser

Thank you everyone, it was all very helpful info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast