Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    So no one noticed that Roz was missing too on Wednesday?
    That's right! Thanks for reminding me.

What are DAX chips? They don't use sensors on the route for float tracking-- that was only in Disneyland many years ago.
    I think those are the plugs they use for parade GC with the ropes/poles. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    You friend is not a good source. The parade will not be going down Hollywood Blvd.
    Yes it will be but not for awhile. It is when they do all the new stuff they plan on moving the parade route there. And the float has been cut indefinitly...sorry...we were just as sad

I got a message asking who is the we that I am talking about... Sorry about any confusion. The we is my friends and I. I had a friend over and we were posting together. That is why the we. We heard about it from a friend of ours that works at Disney. And WE were sad. That was my favorite float

• Banned User

I'm not just sad. I'm damn mad about it. What a cheapo small minded thing to do, cutting a float. "Ahh, they'll never know the difference." Well, guess what? We do know the difference. And if this company keeps letting us down like this, they will lose a dollar for every measly penny they pinch.
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 01-09-2009 at 07:21 AM.

• Off to Neverland

it kinda kills the point of a pixar parade taking out the pixar movies...it's like...wat's the point of the parade if you're not gunna portray all the movies you're celebrating

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    There is no official word from Disney on this as of yet, but where do you think the parade is going to start when construction begins on Sunshine Plaza?
    Thats actually interesting to hear. Last i heard the parade would start from the wharf gates and then merge into the normal parade route.

If they are planning to go thru Hollywood then that would mean that they will close off the suncourt gates and wall off only the suncourt area and gate area to start preliminary work on the carthay and garden area of the plaza. This would leave the parade route still accessible for use but not for long because walls would need to be moved into the parade route area of the Suncourt to allow work space for the construction.

I really do not see the reasoning for even trying to go thru the Hollywood area because once walls go in place in the main suncourt area for construction crews, Hollywood backlot would be cut off from the main parade drag along the suncourt/grizlley falls/bugsland section.
    Last edited by Baloo; 01-09-2009 at 11:33 AM.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

As I said, there's no official word from Disney, and I'm not about to spread rumors. Though it does beg the question once again, why the bands are using that route.

Though it is a good question as to while they'll do when they start to work on the road. However, the Sunshine Plaza construction will start far before the road work will. Remember, they're putting in all new builds over there.

now the only reasoning behind doing something like this is if they are considering closing off the whole northern edge of Paradise Pier. They then could run the parade thru backstage out Tower courtyard and thru the suncourt past Bugsland and then exit out the gates next to the Farmers market. The extra length of hollywood blvd would make up for Some of the lost parade route since Paradise Pier route is not in use. Once work is at a point where they could re-open the Paradise Pier route then they could re-arrange walls to allow construction of the beer garden and surrounding area and start putting up walls in the suncourt. The Parade route would then change to a point where it would only run from the Farm area to the Paradise Pier gates since all access in the suncourt would be closed off.

There really are a few options that i know they had looked at one even included the possiblity of running the parade thru grizzley peake while the suncourt and Paradise pier area was under construction.

That idea was to maybe have the floats come out thru the farm gates up grizzley falls turn left into Condor flats thru grizzley peake and then left into the wine area and back out the same gates. Obviously some work would have to have been done to narrow areas of grizzley peake path or the parade turned into more of a mini calvacade

As I said, there's no official word from Disney, and I'm not about to spread rumors. Though it does beg the question once again, why the bands are using that route.

Though it is a good question as to while they'll do when they start to work on the road. However, the Sunshine Plaza construction will start far before the road work will. Remember, they're putting in all new builds over there.

I was just curious because i am somewhat aware of the construction schedule and the hollywood route has never popped up.

I do know that the construction of the Carthay and gardens that will engulf the gates are some of the first to get started since they are the ones that will create less problems with traffic flow.

We probably will not see any work in those areas though till mid year and just seemed odd that someone would say that the ratatouille float would was cut because it would not make the turns especially when construction is not do to start for awhile in the northern section of the park. Well at least a few months unless there is something i have not heard and they are now worried about delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    seemed odd that someone would say that the ratatouille float would was cut because it would not make the turns especially when construction is not do to start for awhile in the northern section of the park.
    Rumors are always flying around. Then when someone hears something, there's speculation brought on be Cast Members how tell friends, and those friends spread it as if Disney put out a Press Release about it.

Time will tell, I don't work in the Marketing department, and so it's not my job to dispel rumors, or confirm them. Out of due respect for my company, and the trust they have in me I will only post what Diseny has already made public. I'm going to say, simply wait and see.

• Lost in Wonderland

It's so the bands can get around the Pixar Play Parade, which blocks the usual performance corridor gate. Pixar is getting ready, so besides the physical barrier of parade floats at the gate, you need to preserve the magic too as the parade gets ready.

• Animation Domination

Roz was back.
    Ratatouille Float was still a no show on Friday.

• Goofy

we saw the parade today and no ratatouille at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    It's so the bands can get around the Pixar Play Parade, which blocks the usual performance corridor gate. Pixar is getting ready, so besides the physical barrier of parade floats at the gate, you need to preserve the magic too as the parade gets ready.
    You do understand they've had quite a few bands leave from Sunshine Plaza gate before the Parade right? There is plenty of room, room isn't an issue. But you seem to know a lot more then I do! Though as I've said before, time will tell, because I sure wont.

• Fireworks Finatic!

DCA doesn't have as much room behind the gate at Sunshine Plaza for the parade to be staged back there AND the band to come out like Disneyland is able to do. So that is why the bands come down Hollywood Blvd and then onto the parade route.

As for the Pixar parade eventually using the Hollywood Blvd route, I just don't believe that unless they do some modifications to a few floats. The Incredibles float with the baby on it (sorry, forgot his name!) is too tall as well as the 2 baby turtles that circle around behind Crush on the Nemo unit. Also the Ratatouie float is too tall, if it ever comes back.. So if they were to change the route, some other changes will have to be made as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast