Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

Last night, Kritter, Jennyy, Sir Didymus, and I watched Pixar Play Parade. Lightning McQueen wasn't being the lead of the parade, but we assumed something was wrong with it.

When The Incredibles portion passed us, it went straight into Finding Nemo. All of us were wondering where the Ratatouille float went.

Kritter and I found out that the float is no more (hopefully it's temporary). My guess is either continuing problems within the float itself (I just watched a video from December 29th and the float was being towed down the parade route) or the budget cuts.

I'm hoping that this is only temporary, but with the state of the entertainment budget in the DLR, I really have no idea.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 01-08-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: I contradicted myself.

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

oh no!!!! *cries*

Die Vampire, Die!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I was at Disneyland recently, I enjoyed the Pixar Parade. I have never seen the Ratatouille Movie. Quite frankly, I don't like rodents, except Mickey, Minnie, and Pikachu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When I was at Disneyland recently, I enjoyed the Pixar Parade. I have never seen the Ratatouille Movie. Quite frankly, I don't like rodents, except Mickey, Minnie, and Pikachu.
    It's such an adorable movie. I think you would like it

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    It's such an adorable movie. I think you would like it
    I can't bear watching rats in movies. I can't say that I never have. When I do, I find myself dreaming about real ones. I have a real fear of things that crawl. Rats, mice, bugs. My grandson recently got a hamster that roams around his house in one of those hamster balls, and that makes me quite nervous when I visit him. He eventually puts the hamster back in his cage, so granny can relax.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    Last night, Kritter, Jennyy, Sir Didymus, and I watched Pixar Play Parade. Lightning McQueen wasn't being the lead of the parade, but we assumed something was wrong with it.

When The Incredibles portion passed us, it went straight into Finding Nemo. All of us were wondering where the Ratatouille float went.

Kritter and I are friends with one of the performers, and he told us that the Ratatouille float is no more (hopefully). My guess is either continuing problems within the float itself (I just watched a video from December 29th and the float was being towed down the parade route) or the budget cuts.

I'm hoping that this is only temporary, but with the state of the entertainment budget in the DLR, I really have no idea.
    New year eve Lighting McQueen is in Character Greetings area
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

hmmmm when i worked new years day it seems like i saw someone getting out of the remmy costume, so it must have been since then.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scotprincess View Post
    hmmmm when i worked new years day it seems like i saw someone getting out of the remmy costume, so it must have been since then.
    Well, on Friday the 2nd my brother and I watched it and the float was there. That's why the float's absence yesterday and the news was kind of a slap-in-the-face type of thing. It really wasn't expected.

• TR2N. Are You Ready?

That's weird that they would do that.

I am looking for VMK Cards! Please email me if you have some!

• Banned User

Well, if the parade was towed down the parade route my guess is they are just performing maintence on it right now. I am sure budget isn't speeding up the process, but I would be SHOCKED if they completly got rid of the float.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I heard the float was cut for budget reasons. Apparently that unit has the most performers with the rats and the chefs on stilts, so they cut it to save money. (Rats on bungees and chefs on those stilts get paid more!) Really dumb move if you ask me. DCA already has such limited entertainment and the parade is already fairly short. No fireworks or parade at all at Disneyland, so they should at least leave the full parade at DCA on the 5 days it runs now..

• Far too curious

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I heard the float was cut for budget reasons. Apparently that unit has the most performers with the rats and the chefs on stilts, so they cut it to save money. (Rats on bungees and chefs on those stilts get paid more!) Really dumb move if you ask me. DCA already has such limited entertainment and the parade is already fairly short. No fireworks or parade at all at Disneyland, so they should at least leave the full parade at DCA on the 5 days it runs now..
    In addition to that, I have a friend who has friends in the parade department, and he said that they're extending the parade route to do down Hollywood Blvd., and the Ratatouille float isn't capable of making the turn on to Sunshine Plaza, so...it can't be included.

• Minion

ID think someof the floats are capable of making the turn from ToT to wher the main backlot street is! And some arn't gonna fit under neath the Holly wood backlot sighn! Look at the vids on you tube and check it out!

Thumbs down Re: No More Ratatouille Float in Pixar Play Parade... For now?

Quote Originally Posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
    In addition to that, I have a friend who has friends in the parade department, and he said that they're extending the parade route to do down Hollywood Blvd., and the Ratatouille float isn't capable of making the turn on to Sunshine Plaza, so...it can't be included.
    You friend is not a good source. The parade will not be going down Hollywood Blvd.

• Minion

I don't think there are even DAX chips under Hollywood Boulevard. P.S. about the R. float thers a vid on my signature of it bein towed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast