Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Photo Update 1/9/09: Mickey Celebration Floral, Refurb Mania, & Back To Normal

I'm already working on a huge photo thread in progress, (Fridays at the DLR, Sept-Dec 08, hint, hint) but I just wanted to quickly share a few shots from this morning as the walls just came down on the new Mickey Floral...

Edit: You can see from this shot that the balloons have not really begun to grow in yet. The blue/violet flowers can't really be seen yet from the gates as you walk in. In a couple of weeks, those balloons should be pretty colorful.

The yellow poof ball on Mickey's hat is a nice improvement over what was there yesterday afternoon...

It also appears, as Dusty mentioned below, that Mickey's face has yet to bloom. It will also be violet colored...

I wasn't able to get a monorail shot as Monorail Red, for the second day in a row, died on the platform in TL. I hope this is enough to kind of get the sense of the new design. It looks like the floral is depicting Mickey holding large pieces of yarn/string tied to Mickey balloons out on the side.

(It's tough to get a good shot as all of those darn people keep standing in the way. )

One other note: I know Dmomof4 mentioned that we might get lights with this new layout, but after zooming in pretty close on some of my shots, I'm not seeing anything similar to what we had with the Tink Display. I think she mentioned that the lights would not go into effect until March...so maybe they will wait until then to install them. Either that, or I missed them...

Click here for Part II
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 01-14-2009 at 07:13 AM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Photo Update 1/9/09: Mickey Celebration Floral, Refurb Mania, & Back To Normal

Thank you so much for uploading these shots!

Interesting new floral display. Right now Mickey's ears blend it with the grass, but he'll look better in a few days when he starts to bloom
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Re: Photo Update 1/9/09: Mickey Celebration Floral, Refurb Mania, & Back To Normal

Hmm....

I actually like the hat more than the balloons, to be honest. I guess that's because they haven't had a chance to bloom or something, since they aren't very colorful right now.

• We Want The Redhead

[quote=Mac Daddy;3368465]

I wasn't able to get a monorail shot as Monorail Red, for the second day in a row, died on the platform in TL. quote]

Thanks Mac. The monorail trouble must be intermittent, as I rode it at closing last night.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Thanks for the pictures, can't wait till it is in full bloom!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Lowering Expectations

This has the potential to look very nice.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I like it!

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I love the floral design already even though it's not fully bloomed. It's going to be beautiful.

Thanks for the great pics. As I said before, the wiring for the lights have been installed, but the lights themselves will not be in or working to the next color change out! I love it and I am proud of HRE!

Also, the entire hat is made of fake flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    Also, the entire hat is made of fake flowers.
    Just curious why they did that. It seems like real flowers could have been used with no extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    Just curious why they did that. It seems like real flowers could have been used with no extra work.

It was Entertainments decision..not HRE...Probably so it will always be colorful and in bloom!

• My liver hurts!

I love the new floral design...I saw it this morning. I can't wait until it is in full bloom and colorful!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    It was Entertainments decision..not HRE...Probably so it will always be colorful and in bloom!
    I could understand that!

• Grim Grinning

Looks good now. It will be even more amazing when everything blooms.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast