Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Max attendance at Disneyland

I was curious what the "max" is these days at Disneyland. While reading Al's latest article it was mentioned briefly as being 46k to 49k but I specifically remember estimate and hits well above that in years past. I realize Disney does not release these figures, but CM's see them on a daily basis. I am also curious if the estimates are a lump of both parks, or park specific.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Sock Puppet

Re: Max attendance at Disneyland

I was told by someone "in the know" that recently the Park hit 55K, and it wasn't closed down to new guests.

• Minion

Thumbs down Re: Max attendance at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    I was told by someone "in the know" that recently the Park hit 55K, and it wasn't closed down to new guests.

That is just not fun though!!! To be in such a nice place with 55 thousand other people!!!

• Disney Geek

When I was there in 1995 They reached max cap. and a cm told us it was 54K.

• Sock Puppet

Doesn't the on-site fire marshall have something to say about when the "capacity" has been reached, versus just a number?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    That is just not fun though!!! To be in such a nice place with 55 thousand other people!!!

Yep!

You can bet that we are never part of the "55K" crowd!!!

Life's too short!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

There is a max number of people who can be in the park at any one moment in time - this number constantly changes based upon how many rides and other attractions are open and available to guests (among other things). Then there is the number of people who actually show up throughout the day. Even with a max near 50k, Disneyland can still have 65,000 or more people visit the park in a day.

Disneyland has no hard and fast attendance cap. That is set by park administrators and the Fire Marshall on an as needed basis.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Senior Minion

Wasn't the cap even higher back in the 80's? I think I recall hearing figures of 65,000 at one time and over 90,000 in a whole day. It's nice that they've added some nice crowd eaters back into the mix in recent years. One of my coworkers went to the park last weekend and he said it was packed but none of the lines were too long and that he had a really good time. It's nice to hear that the park is more capable of handling crowds and still providing a great guest experience.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Wasn't the cap even higher back in the 80's? I think I recall hearing figures of 65,000 at one time and over 90,000 in a whole day. It's nice that they've added some nice crowd eaters back into the mix in recent years. One of my coworkers went to the park last weekend and he said it was packed but none of the lines were too long and that he had a really good time. It's nice to hear that the park is more capable of handling crowds and still providing a great guest experience.
    Not 90,000 in the park all at the same time. Yes, a lot of them were ("glows away" days), but that was before someone started closing attractions and not reopening them, approved the creation FastPass which leaves almost half of an attraction's queues empty (which used to be filled with patiently-waiting guests) while overflowing the stand-by queues of every attraction (with those formerly patient guests) into the walkways, lowering the safety capacity.
    But, I digress.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Not 90,000 in the park all at the same time. Yes, a lot of them were ("glows away" days), but that was before someone started closing attractions and not reopening them, approved the creation FastPass which leaves almost half of an attraction's queues empty (which used to be filled with patiently-waiting guests) while overflowing the stand-by queues of every attraction (with those formerly patient guests) into the walkways, lowering the safety capacity.
    But, I digress.
    It is my memory as a former CM of the late 90's and more recently as a CM from 04-07 that prompted this thread. I remember the times that Uncle Bob speaks of, and I watched the transformation that sediment describes.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    It is my memory as a former CM of the late 90's and more recently as a CM from 04-07 that prompted this thread. I remember the times that Uncle Bob speaks of, and I watched the transformation that sediment describes.
    Careful.....
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

The estimate is both parks together.

I know the numbers we had pretty much everyday this season. NYE was pretty high, but not insane.

i went on the 2nd... more packed then it was when i go in the summer.

Each park has an estimate. Estimate equals how many admissions they expect on any given day.
    This is different from the in-park, which is typically lower. At any one time, Disney knows EXACTLY how many guests are in the park.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cticket View Post
    When I was there in 1995 They reached max cap. and a cm told us it was 54K.
    Yes but 40,000 of them were in the Indy queue.

I was one of them!
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast