• Walt Disney Fan

Birthday at Disneyland

My brother had his birthday on January 7th. Sadly it was a school day and we didn't get up their till about 4 and it closed at 8. So not much time but it was still fun.

Because we have passes my brother got the Birthday Fun Card. There was some confusion cause his pass was bought when he was 9 which is a child's price but because he turned 10 they didn't know what the amount should be on the card. They just gave him the adult price.

Right when we got in we went BLAB first like always and then he spent like crazy. While he was having fun i rode Splash a couple times. Surprisingly it was really crowded so thats all we did and we went on Indy too.

The line was an hour wait even for fastpasses which made them useless cause it was just as long in the real line. So we just went in the Single Rider Line. Last time I was at Disneyland (about a month ago) I didn't see this so this was new for me.

It was real confusing we walked through the exit then once we got in the room where theirs the don't pull the rope thing they put us where the handicap line is. They put us in the movie room in that side line and then we were put in the regular line. Once we got to the stairs we went to the elevator and went up then over then down like on Screamin.

It only took like 10 minutes but it was confusing and Indy Single Rider could easily be abused cause you could just cut to the front then go in the regular line.

Overall it was fun and my brother got to spend 60 some dollars on Jack skellington stuff and pins.
    Last edited by jackskeleton1015; 01-09-2009 at 08:29 PM.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Birthday at Disneyland

FYI, there is NO Child Price for an Annual Pass, everyone 3 and older pays the same price.

Now, the rules for the Birthday Fun Card does state that if you are 10 and older, you get the Adult One Day/One Park Ticket Value (currently $69).

But if the Birthday child is turning 3 to 9 this year, they only get the Child's value of a One Day/One Park Ticket (currently $59).

Is it fair that they have the Adult/Child rule since everyone pays the same price for the AP... Maybe Not. But nobody promised you a free "Fun Card" when you bought the AP in the first place, so while the rules are strange, and a bit unfair... I wouldn't cause a riot.

(Glad to see the CM's did the right thing, since your brother was 10 (aka born in 1999), he was eligible for the higher priced "Fun Card" based on the official rules.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Glad you guys had a fun time.

• Animation Domination

Yeah, many rides were 101 yesterday. Hope you had a wonderful B-day.

• Walt Disney Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    FYI, there is NO Child Price for an Annual Pass, everyone 3 and older pays the same price.

Now, the rules for the Birthday Fun Card does state that if you are 10 and older, you get the Adult One Day/One Park Ticket Value (currently $69).

But if the Birthday child is turning 3 to 9 this year, they only get the Child's value of a One Day/One Park Ticket (currently $59).

Is it fair that they have the Adult/Child rule since everyone pays the same price for the AP... Maybe Not. But nobody promised you a free "Fun Card" when you bought the AP in the first place, so while the rules are strange, and a bit unfair... I wouldn't cause a riot.

(Glad to see the CM's did the right thing, since your brother was 10 (aka born in 1999), he was eligible for the higher priced "Fun Card" based on the official rules.
    We weren't arguing at all. The cm at the ticket window just had to go ask a couple people what the amount should be. Because when the pass was bought he was nine and was turning 10 so they didn't know what amount to put on.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney