Indiana Jones Adventure
I've been thinking for a while now, "What if there was no FP for Indy?" My mot recent thought came after a trip on Jan. 1st where an 80 minute wait was clogging switchbacks and had to revert to the second story of JC's queue. However, at the same time, the inside of the temple ws empty. So, my thought is, why even have FP? Just take it out and use the inside queue to it's full advantage. If there are even some sticklers for FP, maybe just modifying the system would work well too.
Modifying Indy's FP
Have the stand-by queue fill in all of the temple to the rotundra. Check FP's at the front, and then direct FP's down the exit to the rotundra. At the rotundra at the current Handicap/ SR entrance, two lines would form. 1 line would be a FP line, and the other would be the Hnadicapped/ SR line. The SR and Handicapped would go through as normal, but the FP's would be mereged into the regular line. Of course, FP's would also be checked at the rotundra, and the line clearly marked with a sign. and rope queuedown the tunnel.
Problems this system would fix
Advantages for the guests
- No empty gaps in the line, using all of it's space to it's advantage.
- No need for the extended queue out front except on busy days
- The line would be full, so no one could jump the netting that seperates the exit and the queue before the bat tunnel.
- Less crowding into the sidewalks of Adventureland.
Disadvantages to this system
- Time is spent in a fully immersed queue
- FP holders get more bang for their buck so to speak by having a shorter wait time.
- More time to explore the writings, murals, effects, and backstory.
Needs some work but I think this could be a much better way to handling crowds. Any thoughts?
- Exit would be very crowded. Could be solved with tape on the ground (a la Autopia during the addition of Nemo and a la JC with the white tape going up the steps to the 2nd story.) Just run the tape down the exit to make 2 walkways, a down walkway and an exit.
- Would require 2 CM's in the rotundra instead of 1 (the extra can come from the front ramp where one is no longer needed.)