Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• Still Dizzy

Re: The Return of Big Thunder Barbeque

Last time I ate there (which was long long ago), they had the most delicious portebello mushroom burger (I was going through a vegetarian phase at the time, ahh teenage rebellion).

It was so good I'd still eat it even though I'm no longer a veg, here's hoping it gets brought back.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

One of my favorite places to eat in the Park. Glad to hear its back. I hope the food is just as good!

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Oh man, I hope it comes back with the menu it "left" with. That BBQ beef sandwich was DELICIOUS, and my whole family loved the ribs, too.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jeff View Post
    When I ate there aroune 2000, I ate the most delicious Disney chocolate cake. It had like 5 layers of cake and icing....My sugar count is soaring just thinking about it. But it was YUMMY!!!
    You can get the Mile High Chocolate Cake at the Golden Horseshoe too. But I warn you, I don't think it's made fresh every day. The last piece I had was extremely dry!

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    It was asesome as I recall!!!!

When exactly is it opening?
    I believe I read that it wasn't opening until APRIL! I think the sign and the map just say "spring". So don't get too excited yet folks, we've still got some waiting.

I've heard that this is going to be kind of like the Birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn, only it's much more general so it sounds like everyone can go. According to the map, there will entertainment, and I'm just guessing the whole place will be covered in Mickey Balloons.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I've heard that this is going to be kind of like the Birthday celebration at the Plaza Inn, only it's much more general so it sounds like everyone can go. According to the map, there will entertainment, and I'm just guessing the whole place will be covered in Mickey Balloons.
    There will be music and characters - pretty similar to the current Woody's/Santa's Roundup that they have there.

• Shag lover

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Actually it was one of the most popular restaurants in the park. The line to get in was usually around 20-40 minutes. It was by far the best food in the park at the time. The portions were huge, delicious, and the prices weren't too outrageous.
    Wow, I guess I missed the boat then. My mom used to drag me through the back passage to Fantasyland all the time, and she loves BBQ.

How did we miss that all those times?

• "I Break Things"

Big question... will they serve "Walt's Chili?" because if they do that's all the entertainment needed!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    When discussing the merits of good BBQ it should be considered "musical" and not "magical"... as in "Them beans hit the spot" followed by fun sounds and foul notes/smells!
    Okay, Cue up "Blazing Saddles" on the DVD Player and roll 'The Bean Scene'...

Obligatory Disneyland Reference: There's a reason they have the "Blazing Saddles" Main Title Theme on the Frontierland BG Music Loop...

And Network TV totally RUINS IT in the name of "Political Correctness", they mute the toots and play just the crickets and campfire crackling. News Flash: NOTHING that Mel Brooks did was EVER supposed to be Politically Correct. It was deliberately Incorrect - and funny.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No idea what the "problem" was. It certainly was not from lack of customers. The place was never "out of smell."
    With food that has to be made prior to someone ordering it, there has to be a guess as to how much to make per hour. Too inaccurate a guess either way and there will be trouble, either with irate customers wanting the unavailable pork ribs or with the sharp pencil boys for wasting too many pork ribs.
    The waste is Not a big problem if you know how to BBQ. You can see that things are going slow a few hours ahead, and you pull the meat from the Smoker just as it approaches done and chill it down in the fridge - You just have to get it down below 40F fast enough to satisfy the Health Inspector. It's actually even better tomorrow than it would have been today.

The next day you can come in a bit later, and start the smoker for the evening crowd. Then you use up the stuff you refrigerated yesterday for the Lunch crowd - just warm it through in the holding oven, then put it on the Finishing Grill to warm all the way through and finish that last 5 minutes of cooking.

Caterers have been doing it this way for decades - They pre-prep everything at their off-site kitchens and finish and plate it right before serving.

And if you /really/ get behind to the point where you can't hold it for later, that's when you debone it and make sandwich meat out of it.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I just got off the phone with someone from Disneyland Fairy Tale Weddings, and they said that the name is going to be "Celebration Ranch" and that it's going to be an event-driven venue, i.e. parties, reunions, anniversaries, etc.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• in the Golden Afternoon

Any word on when it will open?

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I just got off the phone with someone from Disneyland Fairy Tale Weddings, and they said that the name is going to be "Celebration Ranch" and that it's going to be an event-driven venue, i.e. parties, reunions, anniversaries, etc.
    I hope this is NOT the case. There will be a TON of people VERY disappointed if you can't just walk up and get a plate of BBQ. As someone who never complains at City Hall, that would definitely be my first stop, every time I go.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineerfan View Post
    I hope this is NOT the case. There will be a TON of people VERY disappointed if you can't just walk up and get a plate of BBQ. As someone who never complains at City Hall, that would definitely be my first stop, every time I go.
    Too bad they stopped taking complaints at City Hall awhile ago. You will have to hold in your anger until you get home and e mail it. Most likely it will end up with all the other complaints, in the circular file.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I don't understand this. What is the point of the damn thing if it's not making guests happy? Seems like the park is avoiding anything that involves quality food. What happened to the days where Disneyland had amazing food unlike any other theme park? They had an excellent opportunity here.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I read somewhere that they take reservations, but is just for parties?

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I don't understand this. What is the point of the damn thing if it's not making guests happy? Seems like the park is avoiding anything that involves quality food. What happened to the days where Disneyland had amazing food unlike any other theme park?
    It started not caring and the quality of food has started going downhill. I think it wants to compete with Knotts on worst amusement/theme park food. Universal and Sea World both have much better food when compared to Disney in most cases.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast