Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: The Return of Big Thunder Barbeque

It seems like the only department they have kept up the quality is the candy store. Even the fritters were downgraded over the years. I remember when it wasn't a trio of fritters but 1 large tasty one and you had a choice of raspberry sauce as well.

•   

I can't see them making this reservation or party only. This would confuse and upset a lot of people, myself included. If they do, they have gone way over the top with this celebrate promotion. Let's hope anyone at anytime it's open can get some GOOD grub..

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    I can't see them making this reservation or party only. This would confuse and upset a lot of people, myself included. If they do, they have gone way over the top with this celebrate promotion. Let's hope anyone at anytime it's open can get some GOOD grub..
    Disneyland desperately needs some high quality reasonably priced food. Why can't we get some great food like WDW? If they do this it will only make me want to go offsite even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Here was the final menu when the barbeque closed

Turkey Leg - $8.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    Beef Ribs - $9.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    Pork Ribs - $13.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    Barbecued Chicken - $8.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    Pork Ribs & BBQ Chicken - $9.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    Beef Rib & BBQ Chicken - $8.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    Pork Ribs & Beef Rib - $9.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    Trail Boss Sampler (Beef & Pork Ribs and BBQ Chicken) - $13.99 - with corn/cob, beans, slaw, cornbread.
    BBQ Beef Sandwich - $7.49 - LUNCH ONLY.
    BBQ Chicken Sandwich - $7.49 - LUNCH ONLY.
    Vegetable Platter - $10.99 - DINNER ONLY - Portobello Mushrooms, baked potato, grilled vegetables.
    That's pretty far from 5.00 for a meal....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Disneyland desperately needs some high quality reasonably priced food. Why can't we get some great food like WDW? If they do this it will only make me want to go offsite even more.
    It's even worse since you CAN walk offsite and grab something to eat within yards of the entrance.

It's ironic really. WDW has great food, yet you are kind of... well... trapped on Disney property there. There's no way you could go offsite unless you are really determined to get the Taco Bell taco.

On the other hand, at Disneyland, you can walk right onto Harbor where there's a Mimi's, a McDonalds, Ihop, Millie's, and numerous other restaurants right in walking distance. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Shouldn't Disneyland be serving food that makes you want to stay on property as opposed to making people yearn for their Whopper Jr.?

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I'm so sorry! I made a huge mistake...

...I listened to someone at "Fairy Tale Weddings"!

I just got off the phone with someone from Disney Dining (714)781-3463. My apologies... it's not an event-driven venue. But reservations are highly recommended, as walk-ups probably won't be seated due to demand.

Here's the skinny:

Name:Celebration Ranch @ Big Thunder BBQ

Opens: April 2nd

Reservations: Highly recommended

Booking: Now

Hours: First booking 11:30am
    Last Booking 7:50pm

Bookings: Every ten minutes (i.e. 11:30, 11:40, 11:50, 12:00pm, etc.)

Prices: Adults $28.99
    Chillen (ages 3-9) $18.49

Fixed Menu: Ribs and chicken, beans, coleslaw, corn wheels (small corn-on-cob) corn bread, "Surprise" dessert, beverage.

Entertainment: Not a "character" meal, but Woody and Jessie will make periodic appearances on a small stage. Not a meet and greet.

Notes: Disney Dining books groups up to 24 people. Groups of 25 and larger must book with a Disney Dining manager.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm not super thrilled about the "fixed" pricing. Not everyone can afford to do that. And that food sounds so good!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I'm so sorry! I made a huge mistake...

...I listened to someone at "Fairy Tale Weddings"!

I just got off the phone with someone from Disney Dining (714)781-3463. My apologies... it's not an event-driven venue. But reservations are highly recommended, as walk-ups probably won't be seated due to demand.

Here's the skinny:

Name:Celebration Ranch @ Big Thunder BBQ

Opens: April 2nd

Reservations: Highly recommended

Booking: Now

Hours: First booking 11:30am
    Last Booking 7:50pm

Bookings: Every ten minutes (i.e. 11:30, 11:40, 11:50, 12:00pm, etc.)

Prices: Adults $28.99
    Chillen (ages 3-9) $18.49

Fixed Menu: Ribs and chicken, beans, coleslaw, corn wheels (small corn-on-cob) corn bread, "Surprise" dessert, beverage.

Entertainment: Not a "character" meal, but Woody and Jessie will make periodic appearances on a small stage. Not a meet and greet.

Notes: Disney Dining books groups up to 24 people. Groups of 25 and larger must book with a Disney Dining manager.
    No thanks.....
    100.00 for my family to sit on a bench and eat BBQ...I love Disneyland as much as the next guy but there is no way.

• Yeah.....

Well, that settles that. At least we'll be able to look at this lovely new dining establishment.

• Disneyland History Lover

I'm a bit confused... so it's $28.99 per adult or for multiple adults? Do you get both ribs and chicken per order as well as the other stuff... and one beverage or can that feed more than one person?

Either way, that's expensive... if that's what it costs for one person I may as well eat at the Blue Bayou.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    Well, that settles that. At least we'll be able to look at this lovely new dining establishment.
    Seriously. I'll save my 29 bucks.

• Banned User

Dude.... that's outrageous!

29 bucks a person? Dude.... I could go to Famous Dave's here in Tracy and get a four person feast of a full slab of AMAZING ribs, a whole BBQ chicken, plus chopped pork or brisket, good cornbread, wedge-cut fries, corn on the cob, coleslaw, beans, and drinks for just under 80 bucks! And Famous Dave's is award winning!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I never have eaten there, but I have seen a video of it form a 1994 VHS cassette of Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I'm a bit confused... so it's $28.99 per adult or for multiple adults? Do you get both ribs and chicken per order as well as the other stuff... and one beverage or can that feed more than one person?

Either way, that's expensive... if that's what it costs for one person I may as well eat at the Blue Bayou.
    I thought I read somewhere the plan was to serve everything "family style". If that's the case then the meal would include large plates of everything. That might also explain the every 10 minute seating times. Which also might indicate that smaller parties will be seated with others.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post

It's $28.99 per Adult (ages 10 and up) PLUS tax... or $31.25 $31.53 w/tax.

I asked about the food specifically. You get ribs and chicken on a plate along with beans, coleslaw, cornwheel and cornbread. It's is not buffet, and it isn't served family-style. Everyone gets their own plate of food.

And yeah, I think it's kind of expensive. Especially considering that Harbor Blvd. is just a hop, skip and a jump away. But this is really meant for the people who come to Disneyland knowing that their hands will be firmly grabbing their ankles.
    Last edited by Circarama; 03-16-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Correct tax calculation to reflect tax increase on April 1st... and no, it's not a joke. :(
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast