Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: cup of coffee and disneyland secrets anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

Later. The yellow dot represents roughly the "center" after the expansion of Bear Country. With Toontown, the center would be even further north:

The persistence of this myth as truth is a true mystery of our times, right up there with socks disappearing in the dryer and Swab's penchant for chasing tequila shots with red wine.
    I was talking to CM one time right in front of the sign into Frontierland, and he pointed to a gold spike right near the entrance that is apparently the center of the park after the Toon Town expansion. I'm not saying he was right, but it's plausible based on this map.

• Legends never die...

So... the cadavers on POTC is false? I know we've talked about it recently, but I never heard if anyone was more sure than not. There was a book, I think something akin to "From the ride to the films" that mentioned the story...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
    I was talking to CM one time right in front of the sign into Frontierland, and he pointed to a gold spike right near the entrance that is apparently the center of the park after the Toon Town expansion. I'm not saying he was right, but it's plausible based on this map.
    That photo doesn't feature Toontown. With Toontown, place the "center" further north. The yellow dot should almost touch the blue line.

The simple fact is, the markers are benchmarks for surveying purposes--not to denote the geographic "center" of anything.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yup, lotsa incorrect information in this thread so far, unfortunately. (Not trying to say it was intentional!) The spike thing is patently false, as Steve has illustrated, and I hear that the ungilded spire symbolism is as well. So is the thing about the Matterhorn half-court being built to satisfy Anaheim building codes.

Here's one that's not false, and that's not so often touted by Disney or the various unofficial sites, though I've mentioned it before: There is one - no more, no less - short stretch of the Pirates flume that's underground. In the strictest sense of the word, that is...much of it is below ground level, but it mostly takes place in basements that do not have ground overhead. However, if walk out of the exit of the ride and descend the outdoor ramp onto the "street" of NOS, look down. Directly below your feet is the bit of flume right after the first drop, with the boats passing from your left to your right. Nowhere else in the park affords you the opportunity to stand outside on solid ground and have Pirates of the Caribbean beneath your feet.
    This seems completely impossible. Do you have a layout you could show?

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I am pretty sure he has a layout to back it up since he has been building a computer generated model of Disneyland to scale with the actual blueprints of attractions... plus his stuff on youtube is amazing! you should check out some of his computer generated recreations of Disneyland including all backstage areas! Very impressive stuff

YouTube - 1taken's Channel

and based on stuff I have seen... Datameister definitely knows what he is talking about Still its so amazing how they compact Pirates of the Caribbean in there and the illusion never seems to be broken!

There's a second big snake from Indy sitting covered behind Jungle Cruise or very close to there.

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    There's a second big snake from Indy sitting covered behind Jungle Cruise or very close to there.
    this is true the ruins with the tiger has one of those big snakes i saw it on my trip preaty cool if you ask me

got another:
    above 'Snow White's Scary Adventures' theres a window keep looking at it about every 30 seconds(?) the queen from the movie looks down and goes back
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Not at the moment, but I probably covered it at some point in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...EB697&index=11

In any case, that exit point is on the west side of that first show building. The loading area is on the east side, pointing south. You enter the bayou scene and very slowly turn roughly to the right until you're going northeast along the west side of the building. Then comes the first drop when you enter the upper basement. Immediately after the drop, the NOS buildings overhead have a sort of indentation where the exit is - you can see it here. You pass beneath this in the basement.

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    I am pretty sure he has a layout to back it up since he has been building a computer generated model of Disneyland to scale with the actual blueprints of attractions... plus his stuff on youtube is amazing! you should check out some of his computer generated recreations of Disneyland including all backstage areas! Very impressive stuff

YouTube - 1taken's Channel

and based on stuff I have seen... Datameister definitely knows what he is talking about Still its so amazing how they compact Pirates of the Caribbean in there and the illusion never seems to be broken!
    Haha, thanks for backing me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    Oooh, good one! I forgot to mention that. Yep, the old snake animatronic sits backstage, outside the Indiana Jones show building, right next to the rotunda area of the queue. It's covered in a tarp or something, but you can see the mechanisms at the base of it.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Ok Data I hadn't seen that video of yours but it's super impressive! What a nice voice you have, I could listen to you talk all day long.
    I'm beginning to see how things are literally right next door to one another, but you would never perceive that, and that's amazing to me. You've definitely got "IMAGINEER" written all over you. They will be lucky to have you someday!
    I don't know how you put all of this together in the right proportion and that you know where everything goes, and track layouts, and building placements....I can't wait to see the finished product!
    Also I never really realized how ugly Disneyland is from an aerial view, not too handsome.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oooh, good one! I forgot to mention that. Yep, the old snake animatronic sits backstage, outside the Indiana Jones show building, right next to the rotunda area of the queue. It's covered in a tarp or something, but you can see the mechanisms at the base of it.
    Got a pic for ya!

• My liver hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    That photo doesn't feature Toontown. With Toontown, place the "center" further north. The yellow dot should almost touch the blue line.

The simple fact is, the markers are benchmarks for surveying purposes--not to denote the geographic "center" of anything.
    It's repeated on the tours. That's why people think it's true.
    We could have a separate "myths of the tours" thread.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    It's repeated on the tours. That's why people think it's true.
    We could have a separate "myths of the tours" thread.
    As I posted earlier. I have personally heard CMs and tour guides continue this myth, as well as claim management insist they repeat the party line.
    I even heard this as part of a 'Walk In Walt's Footsteps' tour I did back in August. When I corrected our learned 'guide,' I thought he was going to pop me. When I cited the aerial pghotos I had seen disproving this silly myth, he railed against 'Those internet sites that get everything wrong!'
    My now 8 year old once correceted a tour guide back when she was 6! The guide was answering a question with 'Horace The Horse' as the answer. She piped up, "No, his name was Horace Horsecollar!" That's my girl!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Missing Main Street

Love the b-ball pic! (Vlade Divac in the Matterhorn - weirdness)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Roald Dahl

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    As I posted earlier. I have personally heard CMs and tour guides continue this myth, as well as claim management insist they repeat the party line.
    I even heard this as part of a 'Walk In Walt's Footsteps' tour I did back in August. When I corrected our learned 'guide,' I thought he was going to pop me. When I cited the aerial pghotos I had seen disproving this silly myth, he railed against 'Those internet sites that get everything wrong!'
    Be careful! I was taken to task pretty hard a while back, by at least one tour guide, both publicly on the boards and privately for suggesting the tourguides sometimes get things wrong!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast