Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hookie anyone???

Re: cup of coffee and disneyland secrets anyone?

Would someone buy me a cup of coffee? Please. I have secret to share about fast passes that is a true secret.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Ok Data I hadn't seen that video of yours but it's super impressive! What a nice voice you have, I could listen to you talk all day long.
    I'm beginning to see how things are literally right next door to one another, but you would never perceive that, and that's amazing to me. You've definitely got "IMAGINEER" written all over you. They will be lucky to have you someday!
    I don't know how you put all of this together in the right proportion and that you know where everything goes, and track layouts, and building placements....I can't wait to see the finished product!
    Also I never really realized how ugly Disneyland is from an aerial view, not too handsome.
    Thanks, Izzy! I've got lots more like it, going over the whole park - if you go to my YouTube channel [link fixed], there's a Disneyland Virtual Tours playlist with all of those videos so far. As for getting all the proportions and details and so forth right...I just have to patiently study aerial photos, blueprints, my own infrequent backstage experiences, CM descriptions, and so forth. And once I'm pretty certain about something, I make it! (Thanks for the comment about my voice, too...I've actually never been too fond of it, but it means a lot hearing the opposite opinion from ya. )

And Tool...you rock! I've been back there and seen the snake, but I wasn't courageous enough to break the rules and take a shot. Thanks so much for posting that!
    Last edited by Datameister; 01-14-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    - if you go to my YouTube channel,
    You forgot the 1
    I believe the You Tube channel should be YouTube - 1taken's Channel

• =)

Whoops, thanks! I'll edit it in my post, too.

And Tool...you rock! I've been back there and seen the snake, but I wasn't courageous enough to break the rules and take a shot. Thanks so much for posting that!
    You're welcome, I thought you might like that. It's been nice to be able to walk around backstage freely. Although seeing Mickey & Minnie headless walking around was pretty weird.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Thanks, Izzy! I've got lots more like it, going over the whole park - if you go to my YouTube channel [link fixed], there's a Disneyland Virtual Tours playlist with all of those videos so far. As for getting all the proportions and details and so forth right...I just have to patiently study aerial photos, blueprints, my own infrequent backstage experiences, CM descriptions, and so forth. And once I'm pretty certain about something, I make it! (Thanks for the comment about my voice, too...I've actually never been too fond of it, but it means a lot hearing the opposite opinion from ya. )
    I'm gonna have to make an afternoon out of watching all of your videos! Really great work and lots of progress, well done.
    And you're welcome too.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kristibaer View Post
    I started a similar thread a few month back...

Fact or Fiction - Disneyland Urban-esque Legends

Let's not forget Timmy!
    Threads like this get started every few months it seems.

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

sorry if any of these are repeated.

we've heard different things about the gold spike - most reasonable being that it is surveyor's mark for centering Main Street. the aerial photos seem to support that.

as far as the skeletons in POTC - different books say that the skeletons were real but replaced in the 80's when faux skeletons finally looked real enough.

a nineteen year-old sneaking into grad night, was hit and killed by the monorail. and from what we've heard (from cast members and others) there's something on the monorail/tomorrowland.

and finally, it seems some of the Imagineers are huge star wars fans too. this appeared on the base of tarzan's treehouse after a refurb. it seems like its much more than a coincidence.
    Jabba the Hutt tree - Other Hidden Characters & Details - FindingMickey.com
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Yearning for Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Also I never really realized how ugly Disneyland is from an aerial view, not too handsome.
    Some of it is pretty ugly, to be sure. Disneyland doesn't look so "Disney" from up top, huh?

But I've been going over that aerial map, and I've just been flabbergasted by just how different things are when viewed from a different perspective. Somethings, like Disneyland, look worse from in the air, while other things, like walkways and plaza's, look different. When you look at the Esplanade and the surrounding areas from the air, it's just amazing to see the design and thought that went into it; little details that you'd NEVER notice from the ground. Like how the trees are in the shape of vines, with greenery in the shape of leaves around it. I don't know; I just find that fascinating.

But I guess the biggest shocker was to see just how gigantic the Mickey and Friends structure really is, when you compare it to the parks. If you put it inside Disneyland, it would take up a third of the park! It's HUGE. And it's a good half the size of DCA. It's staggering, really...I never thought it was that big.

...and just a little bit of pixie dust!
    http://www.spareoom.net

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

wow, thats a cool pic!!!

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    Somethings, like Disneyland, look worse from in the air, while other things, like walkways and plaza's, look different. When you look at the Esplanade and the surrounding areas from the air, it's just amazing to see the design and thought that went into it; little details that you'd NEVER notice from the ground. Like how the trees are in the shape of vines, with greenery in the shape of leaves around it.
    That's exactly the problem - er, one of the many problems - with the design principles behind Downtown Disney and the esplanade and even DCA, to a certain extent. It's great if you've got a layout that looks cool from the air, but that really is so much less important than the ground-level experience that it's not even funny. Disneyland gives you an amazing experience as a guest. Looking at it from the air...not so much, unless you happen to be me. DTD and so forth, in sharp contrast, are very interesting to look at from the air, but there's nothing remotely enchanting about them while you're actually there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123