• aka the scorpion eater!

Question about the 2fer promotion?

While I am not a SoCal resident anymore, we will be at the resort with people who are and meeting up with them prior to our visit to Disneyland.

My question is... regarding the terms and conditions of the 2fer, is it possible for our friend who does have California residency to go ahead and buy 2fer tickets at the ticket booths for my sister and I while we wait for her to purchase them in the esplanade or does everyone need the ID and to be at the ticket booths to show SoCal residency? My guess is probably yes that everyone needs to show ID at the ticket booths; but it doesnt hurt to ask if anyone on here might know.

Also if we already have purchased tickets in this case? Would i be able to go to another ticket booth and get the Birthday fun card instead of the free admission since we are going on my Birthday and I would have a ticket already in this case!

Keep in mind this is probably not the most ethical question to ask but it would be good to find out an answer before we take our trip; because one of our Cali friends we are meeting for the weekend brought up the idea that they want us to do the 2fer because they want to do Both parks but my sister and I live in Arizona and obviously would not qualify so I brought up the idea of only doing Walts Magic Kingdom for one day and skipping DCA on this trip. Also with the economy as it is; we are trying to be as cost effective as possible and still take a nice weekend trip for my Birthday so if we could use travel deals, promotions, and other stuff to our advantage [which I am the king of Discount travel and use coupons, promotions, and deals on just about everything when we take trips] we could take the money we save from doing it and then splurge on something else we cant save money on.

Again, not really the most ethical question but is there an answer? My guess is no... but I could be wrong so I figured I would ask

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: Question about the 2fer promotion?

Ill answer the top part :

Well some people might say, NO THATS WRONG but I say to get your friend to buy the tickets at a local store (Ralphs, Vons, etc) go to the park and get inside and I highly doubt they will card you at the entrance.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Last year, when my brother, wife, and two sons came out here for a visit from Texas, we used 2fers instead of parkhoppers because they were cheaper.

I went alone to Pavillions and bought the 2fers for me and them. The casheir at the store never asked to see my ID which is ok since I am a SoCal resident.

We went to the park and went directly to the entry gate. None of us were asked to show ID. I'm not saying they won't do this, but they can I suppose. Although I think it would have been ok anyway because they were being accompanied by me, a SoCal resident.

• A Weather Eye Open

i don't think they'll give you the birthday fun card... it's for AP holders and people who are buying multiday parkhoppers...

but i read on one of the recent articles here that since the 2fer costs the same as the free one-day, one park admission for your birthday, they're giving free upgrades to the 2fer. thus, you may be able to get your 2fer free! i just don't know if it's only for so cal or not.

ETA: Just looked it up, and it's SoCal residents only. Do you happen to have an old ID, maybe a SoCal school ID?

More info on the free birthday 2ferhere: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/in-...much-more.html
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• aka the scorpion eater!

surpisingly I still have a SoCal ID from when I was living in 91744 and then a long time ago we had one from 90806 but it has a hole in it since Arizona had a way of poking a hole in it to make it null and void and the downside is that I look 15 or 16 in that photo[because I was 16 before moving here] The odd thing is that I will be turning 22 so thats about 6 years since I moved... and wow... it doesnt feel like it either.

but, you never know... thats some good advice but seriously I am probably just going to pull rank on this one and tell Denise that we are only doing one day because if she does the 2fer for herself; she can then go to DCA on another weekend without us and take some of her other friends!

It seems too stealthy and to be honest I really want to go to Knotts on that saturday instead of spending Saturday at DCA... I know its blasphemous to choose something other than Disney but with all the wear and tear going on at DCA right now I would rather just wait until The Little Mermaid dark ride opens up to go again... I am just going to pull rank and tell my sister and denise that we are sticking to the one day only and thats final! My Birthday, my disneyland trip... lol

Thanks for the advice... I know we have done the SoCal promotions in the past when living in California and sometimes they would just ask zip code instead of ID and we never were asked at the gates either... but my sister brought this idea up to me last night and Denise messaged me about it so I figured I would see what everyones thoughts on it were!

Thank you... moderators can now either move, lock, or take this one to the graveyard... unless other people want to chime in and debate about something or have other questions that need answering on this promotion

• Stayin' alive

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    i don't think they'll give you the birthday fun card... it's for AP holders and people who are buying multiday parkhoppers...
    The alternative gifts, including the fun card, are available for anyone who already has a valid ticket to be used for admission that day. tamasurvivor, you say that you already have your ticket in anticipation of visiting DL. In that case, you would go to the ticket booth, the CM would scan your ticket into his/her computer to check its validity, then give you the gift of your choice. Don't forget your proof of birthdate!

As for the 2Fers, each So Cal resident who is able to provide proof of residency may purchase a maximum of 8 tickets. Only the buyer is asked for ID at the ticket booths for this purchase. It is technically true that each member of the party should be able to provide proof of residency. Practically speaking, it doesn't happen. If your friend purchases 2Fers for the group, you will most likely not be stopped at the entrance. However, this not a guarantee and YMMV.

All the discussion of 2Fers talks only about the buy-one-park-return-to-the-other-park-for-free deal, but there is also a 2Fer Parkhopper on sale. So Cal residents get a 2-Day Parkhopper for the price of a 1-Day ($94 vs. $143 for the regular 2-day PH price). I think that's a great deal, too!