Page 13 of 135 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516233863113 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect Episode 4 A New Hope

Oh, she read about it but didnt experience it? Well, we've mentioned all the likely candidates. I still say its probably the HHG.

• Squealing Fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    Oh, she read about it but didnt experience it? Well, we've mentioned all the likely candidates. I still say its probably the HHG.
    Yep, that seems the most likely to me.

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Not in my expereience they re-openedd Epcots Spaceship Earth before it was finished a few years ago.
    True, but that was a few years ago when the economy was still doing fine. Now, if you look at the refurb schedule, there's an unusually high number of attractions with seemingly longer-than-needed closures. Ellen's Energy Adventure, for instance, is supposed to be closed through to Spring Break, and it doesn't sound like anything really major is happening there.

Also, the original reason I brought up the HM's extended closure is because it's not supposed to be receiving anything, and yet it's closed for a full week longer than IASW (which is getting new additions). To me that doesn't make a whole lot of sense if HM is supposedly opening with nothing new or at least refurbished.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Member of Baxter's Army

I had this strange dream last night that I was riding the WDW Mansion and the Doombuggies were moving Way too fast and the lights were left on in the Attic completley ruining the Constance effect. Very strange. I also dreamt that they replaced the ending to Epcot's Spaceship Earth with an e-surance commercial. oh wait' That was'nt a dream.
    Last edited by HMF; 01-31-2009 at 06:39 PM.

• Inhospitable about happy

Today's post asks the question, "Coincidence or...?"

In the last Thread, I mentioned Yale Gracey's early Pepper's Ghost model that eventually gave us the HM ballroom. This model is still on display at the exclusive Magic Castle club for magicians, of which Gracey was a member. I linked to a video of Yale's model in operation:

Haunt Style: Haunted Mansion model (video)

Really cool stuff. Well, anyway, compare Yale's model to the latest HMH ballroom table display:

Verrrrry interesting. Not similar enough to rule out sheer coincidence, but similar enough to make you wonder, at least.

Another interesting point is that both of these (Yale's model and the HMH gingerbread coffin) come closer to representing a "swinging wake" than the usual display. At least at Irish wakes, it was common enough to have a memorial meal with the actual body laid out nearby, although I don't suppose the dearly departed was on the dinner table.

Stop the Presses!

On Friday the 13th of February, the eve of Valentine's Day, there's going to be an exclusive pin release at WDW, centered on the theme of Constance's weddings:

Official Disney Pin Trading

Once again, the HBG figures prominently. This is the official logo:

Of special interest is this pin set:

Hard to make out the details, isn't it? You can see more at this blog:

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/p...event?id=28460

Yep, it's the wedding between Constance and the HBG. [or not. See following discussion]

Also posted is this prop, which is evidently going to be used at the O-pin House event at DL this Fall:

(hat tip to MasterGracey13 for calling attention to this new info).
    Last edited by HBG2; 02-02-2009 at 12:00 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Yep, it's the wedding between Constance and the HBG.

I don't know...while this is certainly intriguing, looking at the colors scheme of the actual pin set, there is a living man on the right, standing next to a coffin with a ghost figure..similar to how Constance has a ghostly attendant. Now, to me, seeing as he is the only other live figure, mirroring Connie..I'd call the ghost lady her bridesmaid, and the ghost man the best man....which would make the live man the groom. That's just how it appears to me...as if Hattie is the officiating ghost, which would make sense if he is the "lord and master" of the Haunted Mansion, which they seem to be hinting at....but then, if that's the case...he isn't marrying Constance.

Just something that occured to me, worth thinking about...we will see with time.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Stop the Presses!

On Friday the 13th of February, the eve of Valentine's Day, there's going to be an exclusive pin release at WDW, centered on the theme of Constance's weddings:

What's HapPINing?

Also posted is this prop, which is evidently going to be used at the O-pin House event at DL this Fall:
    To me it looks like Constance is marring Frank with Master Gracy as his best man. The Hat Box Ghost is in the role of priest. You can see in this pin Frank and Constance having "one last dance." Of course it's pretty open to interpetation.

Friday the 13th at The Haunted Mansion® - Jumbo Pin - Last Dance

Hmmmm....you two could very well be right.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Hmmmm....you two could very well be right.
    Even if this is so, which appears to be the intent, showing Constance and Frank's marriage....it was presumed Hattie would be her final suitor, after she was dead and haunting the mansion...and she appears here, along with her doomed husbands, very much alive. It doesn't rule it out...but the artwork pretty much isn't Hatbox and Connie's marriage.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Stop the Presses!

Once again, the HBG figures prominently. This is the official logo:

What's HapPINing?

(hat tip to MasterGracey13 for calling attention to this new info).
    If this isn't a sign I don't know what is. (BTW' any word on GRD's "Mystery project"?)
    Last edited by HMF; 01-31-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
    Even if this is so, which appears to be the intent, showing Constance and Frank's marriage....it was presumed Hattie would be her final suitor, after she was dead and haunting the mansion...and she appears here, along with her doomed husbands, very much alive. It doesn't rule it out...but the artwork pretty much isn't Hatbox and Connie's marriage.
    Here's that post from the Julia Lee website yet again:

This stuff all fits together too damn well.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Here's that post from the Julia Lee website yet again:

This stuff all fits together too damn well.
    My issue with that is...it says specifically, she has a last groom, a mortal, who owns the Mansion...but Hatbox is shown in that image, at her earlier marriage, as a ghost. That's what makes me skeptical some.

Yeah, it's probably pointless to sift this data with too fine a sieve. After looking carefully at all these pins, plus the descriptions, plus the concept art, it's a pretty incoherent mess. Names of husbands in descriptions don't always match who is actually depicted on the pin artwork, for one thing. One of them shows Ambrose (the derby gives it away), but he's called Frank. This intriguing pin set we're all staring at shows her marrying Frank in the concept art, and this identification is supported by the pin that AtomicBear pointed out, which looks like it is congruent with this set, and in that pin it's very definitely Frank. But that makes no sense, since she isn't a ghost yet at that point: she has three more husbands to go (at least) while still in the flesh. Ah, but on the pin set itself, the description of the two guys says they're Master Gracey and George. The pic is too small to verify. Maybe the character was sensibly changed to George. But in that case, the "Last Dance" with Frank pin makes no sense, since it seems to depict the same event, with LL and MG as bridesmaid and best man in each.

Like I said, incoherent.
    Last edited by HBG2; 01-31-2009 at 10:24 PM.

• Yo!

I think the folks over at Disney Pin Trading are just desperately confused....further proof that WDI and Merchandising don't watch each other with a magnifying glass. If you look at this page detailing all of the pins, some of them with Frank's picture say Frank, while others say George.

The pin set in question, though, very clearly features George standing with Master Gracey, as George (per this pin) is wearing a burgundy top-hat, which the gentlemen in question is also wearing.
    "Keep Moving Forward."